PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Making $$ off the Flubs= Bad Sox fan?

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey all,

I have a little side business where I put together care packages/gift baskets that are sports related. Due to the immense hype of the flubs, as well as some of thier playoff merchandise on the bargain racks, I've been mulling making flub stuff to sell. My girlfriend thinks I'm a traitor, even though I told her my profit would send us to more sox games. I was wondering how the rest of you feel. Am I a rat bastard traitor?
Gene

white sox bill
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Why not make $$ off those idiots?

Baby Fisk
03-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Think big! Start selling them shares in their very own bridge!

Max Power
03-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I worked as a vendor at Wrigley for 3 seasons. I felt great taking their money. I used some of it to buy a bunch of Sox apparel and go to Sox games.

Jerko
03-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Open the "Premium Care-Basket Agency" and sell them at scalped prices to Cub fans. They won't mind.

doublem23
03-05-2004, 10:44 AM
There's a sucker born every minute. Or in this case, a Cub fan.

Risk
03-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Why not. Everyone else seems to be making $ off of the sheep.

Risk

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Ok. I feel much better now. I kida felt that some of you would be upset cuz I'd be fueling the fire. But my buddy put it best: "Grandstand sell cubs stuff....and I dont see anyone boycotting it."
Gene

IlliniSox
03-05-2004, 02:08 PM
I've already sold 4 pairs of Wrigley tickets on ebay I got last Friday. I've already paid for my Sox-Seattle airfare, hotel, tix, and spending money for June with the dollars I scalped Cub fans out of. The beer will taste sweeter with the knowledge of what paid for it.

SSN721
03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
If they are dumb enough to waste that much money on that team, no sense in you not taking advantage. Especially if you are using the money to buy merchandise and tickets, almost like Cubs fans are supporting the Sox. :cool:

ode to veeck
03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
the only way you're not a benedict arnold is if you're selling flubbie tropicana t-shirts with ShamMe is jucied graphics

some similar themes on chokers and whiners would be acceptable too, especially since all these items would probably be much better sellers than the normal flubbie crap

Hangar18
03-05-2004, 05:18 PM
On the one hand, as long as your marking things up 500%
and taking advantage of the Cubbie Media Fueled Hysteria,
I think thats cool. You can laugh all the way to the bank.
However, you are joining the Fuzzy Blue Parade and this only helps further the Enemy Cause. Very tough to decide.
However, I have my opinion, but as long as your NOT Giving these imbiciles a "deal", and your Charging them thru the Teeth for being swayed by the Media, than I think its cool

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
On the one hand, as long as your marking things up 500%
and taking advantage of the Cubbie Media Fueled Hysteria,
I think thats cool. You can laugh all the way to the bank.
However, you are joining the Fuzzy Blue Parade and this only helps further the Enemy Cause. Very tough to decide.
However, I have my opinion, but as long as your NOT Giving these imbiciles a "deal", and your Charging them thru the Teeth for being swayed by the Media, than I think its cool

Henry,

I would be selling packages under Retail, but with a sizeable markup from my costs. A lot of the items are over 60% off retail, so selling at 30% off retail nets me 30% profit. The packages aren't exclusively cubs stuff(some baseball cards and gaming that's mlb inclusive), so depending on what i sell, I'll make a nice profit.
Gene

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 05:38 PM
I plan on making these too(you'd be suprised to find out there's more sox stuff on discount than flubs). Adda little ASG flavor to it, and voila! Instant sox-easter gifts!
Gene

ChiSoxFann
03-05-2004, 06:01 PM
hey money is money make it off the idiots if you can!

wilburwood
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
:)
There are no bigger lemmings in all of sports (go for it)

gosox41
03-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Hey all,

I have a little side business where I put together care packages/gift baskets that are sports related. Due to the immense hype of the flubs, as well as some of thier playoff merchandise on the bargain racks, I've been mulling making flub stuff to sell. My girlfriend thinks I'm a traitor, even though I told her my profit would send us to more sox games. I was wondering how the rest of you feel. Am I a rat bastard traitor?
Gene

Business is business. You do what you need to do as long as no one gets hurt. Sell all the Flub stuff you can if it allows you to go to more Sox games.

Bob

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
However, you are joining the Fuzzy Blue Parade and this only helps further the Enemy Cause.
I'm NOT joining the Fuzzy Blue Parade, I'm the guy selling bottled water at 3 bucks a bottle to the thirsty crowd.
Gene

hsnterprize
03-06-2004, 06:15 PM
I don't have a problem with you selling sCrUBS' stuff. Even Grandstand sells Cubs merchandise.

This was talked about in another thread...I don't know how many stores seem to be selling "all-Cubs, all-the-time." It seems like you'll need the Crocodile Hunter to find wayward White Sox merchandise in a store. And God help you if you find some red-bellied Sammy Sosa shirt lurking around in the clearance aisle. I hear those are VERY dangerous...the venom can kill you...or at least convert you into a sCrUBS fan if you wear it. Hopefully, the 2004 season will change that.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-06-2004, 06:35 PM
One of my businesses is selling sports stuff on eBay. You would be absolutely shocked if I told you how much cub items were bid up. I love taking money from those idiots. I get emails all the time from people in Cowdump Nebraska saying how they are such diehard cub fans and they would have paid any price for the item I just sold them. Items listed for 5 bucks that get bid up to $30 and higher everyday. I laugh all the way to the bank. The only thing I hate is when they think that I am a cubs fan too. I love breaking the news to them but usually wait until I have their money. :gulp:

ewokpelts
03-08-2004, 11:41 AM
bump
Gene

cubhater
03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Go for it! If I had a chance to take their money I'd do it too!

soxwon
03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
every year my aunt(season ticket holder-cubs)
gives me her 2 saturday tickets for the sox-cubs game at wrigley.
they are box seats lower deck just above the walkway beetween home and 3rd base.
how much could i get from a cubs fan for these seats?
i think they are $25 each.
chances are ill go myself, but i was just curious how much you think i could get?

cubhater
03-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
every year my aunt(season ticket holder-cubs)
gives me her 2 saturday tickets for the sox-cubs game at wrigley.
they are box seats lower deck just above the walkway beetween home and 3rd base.
how much could i get from a cubs fan for these seats?
i think they are $25 each.
chances are ill go myself, but i was just curious how much you think i could get?

Easily a couple hundred bucks a pop. I wouldn't even think about selling them unless I was behind in my mortgage. It's more fun invading enemy territory! Plus if your aunt find out you sold them I bet it's the last time you get tix from her.