PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney Lower Back Stiffness

SEALgep
03-04-2004, 09:48 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=5521

Not a good sign for the Royals. He is definitely an important piece of their lineup. He has had back trouble before, and it has limited his games and production. We'll see how it goes. I don't wish anyone gets hurt, but the fact is, this would be good for the Sox if he wasn't healthy this year.

depy48
03-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=5521

Not a good sign for the Royals. He is definitely an important piece of their lineup. He has had back trouble before, and it has limited his games and production. We'll see how it goes. I don't wish anyone gets hurt, but the fact is, this would be good for the Sox if he wasn't healthy this year.

there he goes again!

WSox8404
03-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Sweet. Now we just need some Minnesota players to go down. Then some Detroit players. Then some Yankee players. Then some Boston players. Then some Anaheim players. Then....... you get the point.

minastirith67
03-05-2004, 03:00 PM
I think it is pretty pathetic to be wishing injury on someone so that the Sox's chances will somehow be better. I would never hope for someone to be hurt, and that includes Sosa, Pierzynski, Mientkicwicz, or Sweeney.

Iwritecode
03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
I think it is pretty pathetic to be wishing injury on someone so that the Sox's chances will somehow be better. I would never hope for someone to be hurt, and that includes Sosa, Pierzynski, Mientkicwicz, or Sweeney.

While I don't wish for anyone to get injured, if they do and it helps the Sox chances to win I'm sure not going to complain about it...

batmanZoSo
03-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
While I don't wish for anyone to get injured, if they do and it helps the Sox chances to win I'm sure not going to complain about it...

Yeah. I'm just happy that so-and-so is not playing, not that he's hurt. So it's ok!

thepaulbowski
03-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
Sweet. Now we just need some Minnesota players to go down. Then some Detroit players. Then some Yankee players. Then some Boston players. Then some Anaheim players. Then....... you get the point.

I know some people that could help

:sopranos

jordan23ventura
03-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one who finds Sweeny to be an unreliable, overhyped, overpriced benchwarmer?

Deadguy
03-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Am I the only one who finds Sweeny to be an unreliable, overhyped, overpriced benchwarmer?

He's pretty clutch, but the Royals definitely overpaid him with that ridiculous 5 yr./55 million dollar contract. That contract for a 1B/DH with his production is almost as ridiculous as the contract that was given to GIDPaul. He's only had one season where's he's had a better OPS than Thomas had last year, he's never had a year that beats Thomas' adjusted OPS in 2003, and he has a career adjusted OPS of just 120. He's just a better fielding, more clutch, lower GIDP, slightly faster version of Konerko. He's never had a 30 homer season, and he's only had two 100 RBI seasons.

WinningUgly!
03-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by minastirith67

An injury to A.J. Pierzynski wouldn't help the Sox' chances, now that he's in SF. :D:

ChiSox14305635
03-06-2004, 02:35 PM
When I saw the title thread, I thought this would be about Ryan Sweeney. Glad he's not hurt. He's having a good camp so far.

SoxxoS
03-06-2004, 02:42 PM
We are already in the worst division in baseball, so winning by injuries or by default really doesn't matter to me. Just get me to the playoffs with a decent rotation, and we will go from there.