PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Wood has an Owie

SEALgep
03-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Kerry Wood appears to have an injury with his groin or something. Nothing published in the papers of course, but it said something brief in the injury watch section of www.sportingnews.com. No details, so I guess it isn't too serious, but weird it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.

Palehose13
03-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Kerry Wood appears to have an injury with his groin or something. Nothing published in the papers of course, but it said something brief in the injury watch section of www.sportingnews.com. No details, so I guess it isn't too serious, but weird it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.
It looks like there may be some minor cracks in the armor

SEALgep
03-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
It looks like there may be some minor cracks in the armor You mean they're not a lock to go all the way? I'm confused. Lol. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I guess 161-1 will have to do, then...

:)

santo=dorf
03-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I guess 161-1 will have to do, then...

:)

You mean 155-7, they won't win against us!

Maximo
03-04-2004, 01:09 PM
It looks like there may be some minor cracks in the armor

That irritating noise that you hear is the sound of nails biting coming from the Addison/Clark streets area.

jackbrohamer
03-04-2004, 01:27 PM
The Flubs and their worshipful media and fans have set themselves up so that nothing short of a Pennant will meet their expectations. A couple of key injuries and they could fall apart

Tekijawa
03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Wow the Second greatest pitcher of all time (Prior being the first) is injurred? That Rotation of Maddux, Clement, Zambrano, Cruz and ??? Sirotka (SP?) is looking tougher every day!

Baby Fisk
03-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Don't believe the hype, gang. The Flubbies will tank! They are weighed down by the heaviest expectations this side of Boston. Perhaps heavier -- at least Boston fans live with the acceptance that their team will find a soul-destroying way to lose at the end of the season.

Anyway, forget about the Flubs and their quest of futility. It's very early, but here's a toughie: which Chicago team is having a more positive ST? :cool: I'm liking how things are taking shape so far, aren't you?

Tekijawa
03-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah... They'll do fine... They're only down 3-1 in the second inning with out a "healthy" wood any way...

I know it's only Spring Training but very few things make me happier than to see them down...

kingpin_rcs
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Remember how the Sox were desimated by injuries in 2001? (of course you do). The same thing just may be happening up north.

Palehose13
03-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Yeah... They'll do fine... They're only down 3-1 in the second inning with out a "healthy" wood any way...

I know it's only Spring Training but very few things make me happier than to see them down...
IIRC, the flubs haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in my lifetime (29 years). It's a stretch, but I wouldn't mind them keeping that stat in tact.

Baby Fisk
03-04-2004, 02:11 PM
IIRC, the flubs haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in my lifetime (29 years). It's a stretch, but I wouldn't mind them keeping that stat in tact.

No back-to-back winning seasons since 1972 -- A proud Cubbie tradition!

WSox8404
03-04-2004, 04:01 PM
This is the beginning of the end. Wood and Prior were pitched way too much. It is gonna come back to bite them in the asses. These two are supposed to be built so solidly and look what is happening now. They are starting to crack. Pretty soon it is going to be something serious, and I am gonna laugh my ass off.

Realist
03-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Boyoboy, I sure hope you guys are right, and I'm betting on it. I've got $10 a game bets with 2 different Flubs fans that the Sox will have a better record than the Flubs.

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but I sense a strong amount of animosity coming from Flubs fans and directed at Sox fans for not jumping on the "Cubbie Bandwagon" last fall. They're beginning to hate us almost as much as we hate them because they know we took much delight in their Choke of All Chokes.

When they start giving you too much lip, just find a way to fit Steve Bartman's name into the "conversation" and you can almost hear the spring popping in their head. Their eyes will start spinning in different directions and you've pretty much brought the argument to a grinding halt. :D: