PDA

View Full Version : Sham-ME*: liar or truth-skirter?

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-cub04.html

''What Mark [McGwire] and I did is going to stay there because we didn't have anything to do with what happened today,'' Sosa said Wednesday of the ongoing steroid controversy. ''I don't think [asterisks] are going to happen, no way in the world.''

Yes, obviously Sham-ME* and McGwire's 1998 home run surge had nothing to do with a West Coast lab in 2003. Technically, that's true. But is the Shamster trying to insinuate that he's 100% clean? Sure sounds like it, without actually coming out and saying it...which might be a lie.

Hey, Sham-ME*: we all know you train in the Dominican Republic during the offseason. Why in the world would you be using a California lab to procure your illegal drugs?

''Right now a lot of people are going to be talking all kinds of things. When you don't have anything to do with that, you don't worry about what they're saying. I mean, I feel bad for Bonds and those guys. They are one of us.''

Same as above.

But, "don't have anything to do with that" doesn't equal "I've never used steroids or banned substances," now does it?

Sorry to break the news, Shamster, but look forward to a 38-HR year, buddy.

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Sammy. Steroid User. Cheater. now add Liar to the list.

Baby Fisk
03-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Frank Thomas is about to become the Monster of Chicago as he rightfully should be, while Shammy deflates like a spent balloon.

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Frank Thomas is about to become the Monster of Chicago as he rightfully should be, while Shammy deflates like a spent balloon.

Sing it!

I love the balloon analogy, too.

Rocky Soprano
03-04-2004, 11:08 AM
We already knew he was a liar when he said that he "grabbed the wrong bat." Also everytime he says he has never taken steroids.

Sosa is just a plain retard!

Jerko
03-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I love Sammy's quote today; the "situation" he went through with his bat.

Maximo
03-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I think it's only a matter of time before Sammy gets in up to his neck on the steroid questions. I have confidence that some young reporter will keep at it until he finds the right people to talk to.

For those of you too young to remember, "Watergate" started out as a "3rd rate burglary".

For those of you too young to remember, "Watergate" was when............never mind....not enough time and space to explain.

DrCrawdad
03-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

What do you mean, "now add liar?" IMHO Sammy added liar to the list last season with the whole corked bat white-wash. Remember Sammy said that it was an accident that he cheated with a corked bat. The only people I've heard say that they believe Sammy are members of the Sammy (Butt) Kissers. One prominent member being the usually wise, Les Grobstein. A leader in this society is the writer of this article, Mike Kiley.

There are a lot of Sammy (Butt) Kissers out there. In fact most Cubbie fans that I've met are members of this group. This group will dodge, divert and explain away just about anything critical of Cubbie world. Hence their embrace of Sosa's lame excuse of his use of the cheating corked bat. This group will not ever admit that Sammy may have used illegal substances to fuel his explosion of HRs. If there were a documented photo of Sammy with a syringe labed "STEROIDS" stuck in his butt they'd say Sox fans stuck it there.

THE_HOOTER
03-04-2004, 11:22 AM
The best end-result of this would be that Sosa, Bonds, and the others come back to earth numbers=wise, and the proof will be there.

I don't think too many guys will be roiding up this year.

alohafri
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I love Sammy's quote today; the "situation" he went through with his bat.

Not to mention what he kept referring to last year as what happened "to him."

Kittle
03-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Maybe somebody should ask Sam-me why his jaw is so much larger now than when he came into the league.

jackbrohamer
03-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Don't forget Wife Beater. Nice to see him drag Mark McGwire into it when he defends himself. McGwire was always huge and hit 49 HRs his rookie season. Sosa was a 165-pounder when he was a rookie, and had a head that was shaped like a human being's

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Kittle
Maybe somebody should ask Sam-me why his jaw is so much larger now than when he came into the league.

:nandrolone

I chew lossa bu'-ol' gu'.

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Nice to see him drag Mark McGwire into it when he defends himself.

Very Good Point, thats what we call in Chicago...
a Classic "Kiley-ism". Attach yourself to something and hope the resulting confusion legitimizes your statement.

Iguana775
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-cub04.html

Yes, obviously Sham-ME* and McGwire's 1998 home run surge had nothing to do with a West Coast lab in 2003. Technically, that's true. But is the Shamster trying to insinuate that he's 100% clean? Sure sounds like it, without actually coming out and saying it...which might be a lie.

Hey, Sham-ME*: we all know you train in the Dominican Republic during the offseason. Why in the world would you be using a California lab to procure your illegal drugs?

Same as above.

But, "don't have anything to do with that" doesn't equal "I've never used steroids or banned substances," now does it?

Sorry to break the news, Shamster, but look forward to a 38-HR year, buddy.

my girlfriend is a Cubs fan and i showed her a pic of him with the sox and now. she even thinks he has juiced.

WSox8404
03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
What are some chants that should be chanted this coming summer when Shammy comes up to bat at the Cell? We need some new ones.

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
What are some chants that should be chanted this coming summer when Shammy comes up to bat at the Cell? We need some new ones.

"ROID-RAGE! ROID-RAGE!"

"NAN-DRO-LONE! NAN-DRO-LONE!"