PDA

View Full Version : FOX loves Other Team pt. 2

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 10:18 AM
This morning on FOX, the anchors were Bemoaning the "steroid controversy" in baseball. Not because of the fatal tarnishing it is going to effect on the game. They were Bemoaning it because "will linger all season and will take away from the Cubs World Series appearance". They immediately went to Bruce "Cubbie" Wolf who sat in the special couch/lounge section, specifically for "special" interviews. His "guest" was Lester Munson, from Sports Illustrated. Bruce: "welcome Lester, This controversy unfortuneately is taking away from the fact that this will be the first Cubs WS appearance since 19__.
Cub fans everywhere are being shortchanged.
Lester: Yeah, Im a big cub fan, and this is very unfortuneate.

the rest of the interview is pointless, they basically said that Cub fans everywhere may not be able to "enjoy" this season because of this controversy, and what its going to mean for baseball.
Lester "Im a big cub fan" Munson said that Baseballs Mgmt want this to go away, but it wont, and for Baseball to be prepared for the worst. As for the gist of the show, how this will NEGATIVELY affect cubbie fans.......TOO FREAKIN' BAD and HAHA.
im glad we'll all know finally that Sammy used the Juice too

Hokiesox
03-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Prior's achilles tendon...Woods rotator cuff (from Dusty's overusing him)...maddux's walker...

Flubs baseball 2004!

Hangar, quit worrying about it now, we'll be OK in September. Remember, the cubs finished 23.5 games out in 1985. Just suffer for a couple more months of flubbie hysteria.

As for the steriods... I hope we just erase the last 6 years from the record books. Who knows what records are legit? who knows who used steroids when? If you believe sheffield claims he didn't know, I guess nobody knew when they even started. Of course, I don't believe Sheffield, but this would be the logical conclusion to "I don't know when I started"

Fisk Fan
03-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Wait a minute......Did I just wake up from a seven month coma? What happened to the regular season? If I remember correctly, there are 162 games in a baseball season, none of which have been played yet. How can these idiots be talking about steroids taking away from the Cubs W.S. appearance when they haven't played a S.T. game?

I think I'm gonna......
:chunks

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 10:32 AM
That 5-8 minute segment was Agonizing. What drove me nuts
more? Dave Navarro and Tamron Hall moaning about how steroids were going to ruin their/cub fans summer? Or
was it Bruce "Cubbie" Wolfs Kiley-esque comment that the cubs were going to the world series, and that this controversy is ruining everything. Lester Munsons Come-out-of-the-closet statement regarding his intelligence "Im a big cub fan" surely
didnt help matters either.

Jerko
03-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks for that puke picture. I had a similar experience just now because I just found out how vomit streams upward and outward as it splashes violently against a computer screen after reading about the upcoming Cubbie World Series. Don't they know they're not even gonna come as close as they did last year?

SoxxoS
03-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I was golfing with my season ticket holding Flubbie fan Uncle this weekend, and of course, these where his exact words on about hole #8:

"They are going all the way this year"

My roomates think that the Cubs are awesome, although they are not Cub fans..."They are going to be so solid"...blah blah

You can't get frustrated by this behavior. It's going to happen. What WE can do is root on our favorite team and KNOW that the annual June Swoon and Playoff choke job will happen eventually.

Then we can all rejoice and look at pictures of that 17 year old girl in the cubs beanie crying again.

Clembasbal
03-04-2004, 11:00 AM
It is sad that we, as baseball fans, have to be subjected to overwhelming Cubs media bias.

At the same time though...I know Bruce Wolf is a Cubs fan and all that crap...but last week when they were passing out those wristbands (which turned out to be a scam - but the press didn't want to indulge on that because it wasn't the Sox) Wolf was making fun of Cub fans and it was funny.

He would ask them who was on the team, who was on St. Louis and who was Houston, and how many wins did the Cubs have and all sorts of stuff.

Typically answers, Sosa, Wood and Prior - nothing more. They didn't know much other than Houston had Clemons, and he just made them look like fools.

Wolf is an idiot, but for making Cub fans look like the fools they are on TV makes me happy any day of the week!

Dick Allen
03-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I can't remember why, but I always thought Bruce Wolf was a Sox fan. I must have been mistaken, sad to say.

Kuzman
03-04-2004, 11:38 AM
typical cub fan talk...

the white sox dont have 3 losing seasons or so in a row and were all like ok...

the cubs have 1 winning season in a decade and they think theyre going to the world series... cant wait till the blow it again.

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 11:41 AM
let me add this. totally forgot in my "notes".
When "cubbie" Wolf told Munson that this scandal was taking away from the cub world series, and that fans were missing out on this, he added "except Sox Fans". Munson then said "except sox fans........this is unfortuneately taking away....."

soxrme
03-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
let me add this. totally forgot in my "notes".
When "cubbie" Wolf told Munson that this scandal was taking away from the cub world series, and that fans were missing out on this, he added "except Sox Fans". Munson then said "except sox fans........this is unfortuneately taking away....."

I hope KW & JR post this kind of garbage in the Sox clubhouse and they take some of this to heart. Moronatti has been knocking the upper deck all morning, get over it, we all know about it already. These guys just don't stop on the Sox. I always thought you had to play an entire season to make the world series.

thepaulbowski
03-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I like Bruce Wolf, I think he's a riot. He makes fun all of the sports teams in town. But on the Loop he talked about the Cubs playing the Giants in a spring training game today. He said something to the effect that if Cub fans boo Bonds because of the steriod issue, they are also booing Sosa. Wolf doesn't do anthying series when he does the news...take it for what it's worth, a guy being sarcastic. That is why they pay him, get over it. As soon as the Cubs choke, he will rip on them for that.

jackbrohamer
03-04-2004, 12:01 PM
I've had Flub fans tell me every year of my life that the Flubs are going to go all the way. If they flop this year it will be so much more entertaining than usual.

Foulke You
03-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
I hope KW & JR post this kind of garbage in the Sox clubhouse and they take some of this to heart. Moronatti has been knocking the upper deck all morning, get over it, we all know about it already. These guys just don't stop on the Sox. I always thought you had to play an entire season to make the world series.

Yeah, I heard his royal "Jayness" ripping on the Upper Deck AGAIN. He hasn't even seen the new deck yet and he is already proclaiming that it is going to suck. He was then ripping the Sox for calling the first 10 rows up there, "Upper Deck Box". As far as I know, EVERY MLB TEAM DOES THIS. He was going on and on, ripping Sox management: "How dare they call those seats BOX!!" Then Cubs fan, Mark Silverman actually spoke in our defense saying "At least they don't scalp there own tickets." To this, Mariotti replied "To OUR knowledge they don't." There is a reason he got the name Moronotti.

After his huge rant on the Sox he then was slightly apologetic. Saying "To those Sox fans who think that I'm picking on their team, just ask the other managements in town. I do the same thing to them." No you don't Jay, not on the same level of venom spewing you do with the Sox. This is why we hate you.

:moron
"They should just move this whole park to the South Loop, that Upper Deck is terrible, I don't feel like I'm in Chicago there, it isn't close to being as wonderful as Wrigley...."

:hawk
"This guy is full of BS!!"

kittle42
03-04-2004, 12:21 PM
OK - I take back what I said about having to deal with this stuff in the other "Fox loves the other team" thread. The media just plain sucks.

ewokpelts
03-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Yeah, I heard his royal "Jayness" ripping on the Upper Deck AGAIN. He hasn't even seen the new deck yet and he is already proclaiming that it is going to suck. He was then ripping the Sox for calling the first 10 rows up there, "Upper Deck Box". As far as I know, EVERY MLB TEAM DOES THIS. He was going on and on, ripping Sox management: "How dare they call those seats BOX!!" Then Cubs fan, Mark Silverman actually spoke in our defense saying "At least they don't scalp there own tickets." To this, Mariotti replied "To OUR knowledge they don't." There is a reason he got the name Moronotti.

After his huge rant on the Sox he then was slightly apologetic. Saying "To those Sox fans who think that I'm picking on their team, just ask the other managements in town. I do the same thing to them." No you don't Jay, not on the same level of venom spewing you do with the Sox. This is why we hate you.

:moron
"They should just move this whole park to the South Loop, that Upper Deck is terrible, I don't feel like I'm in Chicago there, it isn't close to being as wonderful as Wrigley...."

:hawk
"This guy is full of BS!!"

If jay did ANY research, he would know that the ud sections have been remapped....ud box is now behind home plate, and ud reserve is all seats past the baselines....
Gene

pudge
03-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
OK - I take back what I said about having to deal with this stuff in the other "Fox loves the other team" thread. The media just plain sucks.

Agreed... I thought Hangar's first thread was whining, but if this story is true, this is totally absurd on Fox's part... stay away from TV as much as possible everyone!