PDA

View Full Version : *Baker

SaltyPretzel
03-04-2004, 09:12 AM
"As I recall, it's always something," Baker said. "There will always be something. There's always been something. We're not a perfect society. One time it was pills. One time it was recreational drugs. One time it was gambling. One time it was drinking. It's always something. We are an imperfect people."

This guy is just full of lame excuses. I don't think recreational drugs, gambling, and drinking are performance enhancing. :angry:

Link (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=38050114)

Hokiesox
03-04-2004, 09:21 AM
And you obviously have a brain that understands logic.

Maximo
03-04-2004, 09:22 AM
It's become fairly obvious that the Cubs P.R. machine is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that only good news eminates
from Wrigley Field this year. Dodging the steroid questions....concealing Prior's injury for a couple of months......dusting Sammy's 'personal assistant' issue under the carpet.

They're going to do their level best to see that nothing ruins their dream season in 2004. I can't wait for their season to start and we see how the Cubs continue to put up the "good news" front when the wheels start coming off the wagon.

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
"As I recall, it's always something," Baker said. "There will always be something. There's always been something. We're not a perfect society. One time it was pills. One time it was recreational drugs. One time it was gambling. One time it was drinking. It's always something. We are an imperfect people."

This guy is just full of lame excuses. I don't think recreational drugs, gambling, and drinking are performance enhancing. :angry:

I have Never Disliked a person over such a short period of time as I do this guy. Flim-Flam Baker (his nickname is now born...)
knows that if he can speak out of one side of his mouth,
the Chicago Media will kiss the ground he walks on.
JHood, late nite broadcaster on the Score has a Nickname for Dusty Baker, and his Cross-the-line relationship with the
Chicago Media ....."black jesus". That name to me is the ultimate slap in the face to the media, because they seem to always Guffaw and har-de-har-har anything this guy does.
Hes been involved in about 3 controversies so far, because of his views/and acid tongue. But the guy gets the free pass here.

Jerko
03-04-2004, 09:26 AM
I've been a Reds fan for a long time , and their biggest rivals back in the old days were the Dodgers. So, I can happily say, I've hated Baker for almost 19 years now.

Nick@Nite
03-04-2004, 09:29 AM
"Earlier this spring, Baker lamented that reporters always seek him out whenever a major issues arises, as if he were some sort of authority."

Good question Dusty.

Btw, I'm wonding how long it will take for Dr. Harry Edwards to chime in on this?

SaltyPretzel
03-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

JHood, late nite broadcaster on the Score has a Nickname for Dusty Baker, and his Cross-the-line relationship with the
Chicago Media ....."black jesus".

Jesus may very well have been black, but this would be an entirely different discussion. :smile:

jackbrohamer
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
"Earlier this spring, Baker lamented that reporters always seek him out whenever a major issues arises, as if he were some sort of authority."

If you want to be a complete media hog like *Dusty, that just comes with the turf. Interesting that when asked specifically about steroids, he changes the subject to pills, alcohol, etc. Why not just say there isn't widespread steroid use, if that's what he thinks?

Jerko
03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel

I love that from Baker; "until something is resolved". How the hell are you going to "resolve" anything when the commissioner himself has basically put out a gag order and nobody will be allowed to be randomly tested? More double talk from that moron. I guess when you have managed 2 of the biggest suspects you'd tend to get a little defensive.