PDA

View Full Version : A GOOD Sox marketing story for a change!

hsnterprize
03-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Well...I guess some people have finally got the message that PROMOTION and MARKETING can and will make the difference in making a team popular, win or lose. Here's a part of an article in today's Feder column that'll put some salsa in your reading...

* In a first for Spanish-language television in Chicago, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has signed on as a weekly contributor to the 5 and 10 p.m. newscasts on Telemundo's WSNS-Channel 44. He'll share his analysis of the baseball season with Channel 44 sports anchor Oscar Guzman.

If you want the link to the article, here it is...

This Guillen piece is only a small part of the whole column, but it's great news nonetheless... (http://www.suntimes.com/output/feder/cst-fin-feder031.html)

Like I said...some good news as far as the Sox' marketing is concerned. Hopefully, it'll continue.

Hangar18
03-03-2004, 07:59 AM
Wow. The Sox did something Intelligent. This is a very good
Idea, something that was lobbied for here at WSI months and months ago. A Good Idea nonetheless. The SOX may thing its just being "nice" and having him do the telecasts, but it "PAYS" (hear that Jerry?) in other dividends down the line.

SSN721
03-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Now if only they could start doing full broadcasts in Spanish it would be very good for the team and marketing. But baby steps are good, at least they are moving in the right direction. Perhaps interest shown in Guillens appearances will encourage the organization to broadcast in Spanish.

ewokpelts
03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Wow. The Sox did something Intelligent. This is a very good
Idea, something that was lobbied for here at WSI months and months ago. A Good Idea nonetheless. The SOX may thing its just being "nice" and having him do the telecasts, but it "PAYS" (hear that Jerry?) in other dividends down the line.

Henry,
Remember...this is the Sox... something worse could come along any day now... Gallas is still in charge of marketing....
Gene

Rocky Soprano
03-03-2004, 12:01 PM
I should e-mail Telemundo and give them some ideas for more White Sox coverage. Talk to them about how many Latinos are on the team and how as a Latino I would like to follow the team and my favorite players. I will even offer my services to help out.

:smile: