PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports To Broadcast Yankees-Red Sox In Prime Time On April 16

Fenway
03-02-2004, 08:13 PM
I am sure the rest of the country is "thrilled"

FOX Sports will provide a special Friday night prime time national broadcast of the first New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game of the 2004 season from Fenway Park in Boston on April 16 at 8:05 p.m. (EDT), it was announced Tuesday. (http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2193730)

RedPinStripes
03-02-2004, 09:56 PM
This will be one of 50 Yankee games and one of 49 Red Sox game nationally televised. What will they do with the Jeter cam now that A-Rod is there?

npdempse
03-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
This will be one of 50 Yankee games and one of 49 Red Sox game nationally televised. What will they do with the Jeter cam now that A-Rod is there?

Actually, we've got 5 national Fox broadcasts scheduled this year, a hell of a lot better than the two (against Cleveland!!) we got last year.

Baby Fisk
03-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Damn! I better get some more videotapes!

Jerko
03-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh joy, we can see Gammons fellate a mircophone nationwide now twice a week.

Fenway
03-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Fox has returned the Aug 6th Boston @ Chicago telecast to local broadcasters to stay within the 8 game limit.

The third weekend in April is a zoo in Boston to begin with with the Marathon and we really don't need the Yankees on top of it. The 11 AM game on the 19th will be a nightmare with the marathon 2 blocks to the north of the park.

I assume the WS will now move the Aug 6th game back to night?

soxtalker
03-03-2004, 11:35 AM
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs in the 50's and 60's, so my view of televised baseball was Sox and Cubs on WGN. So I was surprised to learn from people outside the area (but Illinois) that a lot of the Yankees' games (maybe Saturday or weekend games) were on TV nationally. I guess that this isn't a lot of coverage by comparison.

StepsInSC
03-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, at least its publicity for the greatest sport in the world. Especially w/ basketball and football being the frontrunners nowadays as far as popularity goes.

I don't have a vested interest but I'll watch, love a good rivalry even if I don't have a side.

eriqjaffe
03-03-2004, 02:15 PM
It could certainly be worse. IIRC, over in Japan, the Yomiuri Giants are owned by...um...Yomiuri, the biggest media outlet in Japan. And pretty much all of their games are on national TV, often at the expense of the "local" clubs.

--Eriq.