PDA

View Full Version : The Final Renovations and Green Seats

kruzer31
03-02-2004, 08:04 PM
After the 2004 season one thing that will be in the final plans for sure is the HR porch. They would have never taken out all the seats in the last ten rows if they were not going to build the HR porch. The thinking is that those 5000 new seats in the RF HR porch will be a very hot commodity and will sell much better then the upper deck seats they got rid of. Expect a better then average increase in attendance in 2005, soley due to the HR porch seats.
Now to the green seats. I would love it. But I am not sure it will happen. I would like it because of the Old Comisky feel. They would not be able to paint them folks, those seats are plastic, not wooden. If they were gonna go to the green seats, each seat would have to be replaced, and as one person posted, it would seem logical with the new HR porch(5000 of them), that they may re do the whole stadium. Of course the padding on the walls and around the foul lines would all change to green.
Next, I totally agree and hope they put a brickface wall where all exposed concrete is, especially behind home plate. It does wonders for a ball park. Check out a game at PNC Park in Pittsburg. It looks really good how there brickface is exposed behind home plate.
Please leave the concourse alone though, the LF concourse is great. Can hang out with huge groups of friends and get a great vantae point with out sitting in your seat the whole game. The concourse is one of the best things in any park in the majors.
Finally, for the final renovations for 2005, lets wave some of the money we will make with the attendance boost in 2005 in front of one of the premiere players in the game. Carlos Beltran. Lets get serious. Reed isnt a true CF, but we can have him in LF. Get Beltran and Mags locked up. Move Lee to 1b, as he has way more of an upside then PK. Deal PK and his contract and that bum Borchard for a pitcher or two like Washburn or someone of his calliber. This allows Frank to remain the DH for the rest of his HOF career with the Sox. I want Beltran on the South side so bad. He is a swith hitting, 40sb guy , who will hit .300, 30, 100, and a 100 runs for the next 5 years minimum. Plus we take him away from the Royals. After whoever is our leadoff guy, we then have a perfect 2 hitter in Reed, followed by Frank, Beltran, Mags, and Lee, with a mature Crede behind Lee. What do you guys think?

Luzinski

hillbilly
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Can you explain this HR porch you speak of?

mantis1212
03-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I agree with everything here except for the brick in back of homeplate. Why would we want to look like Wrigley? Unless you are talking about a different look from the brick, like a black- brick or something.
As for Beltran, I can't think of a better option for centerfield- he's just an awesome player. Which is why he will definitely be a Yankee. Their centerfielders are old geezers, ready to break down, and the yankees will throw a ton of money at him...

Daver
03-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by kruzer31

Now to the green seats. I would love it. But I am not sure it will happen. I would like it because of the Old Comisky feel. They would not be able to paint them folks, those seats are plastic, not wooden.

You can paint plastic,they make penetrant paint designed specifically for plastic.

StillMissOzzie
03-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly

Some of the artist's renderings of the future enhancements to USCF have a new upper deck in right field, and it appears to be a lot lower (ie, closer to the action) than the current upper deck.

SMO
:gulp:

kruzer31
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
It would look nothing like the brick at Wrigley. Like I said the Pirates pulled it off when PNC Park opened. They have a tan colored exposed brick behind home plate. The HR Porch that WILL definitley be added will most likeley be in Right Field. I know we have been a mostly right handed power hitting team but from the plans it appears it will go in Right Field. It would be an upper deck, not as high, similar to the one in the Ballpark in Arlington, where the Texas Rangers play, supported by beams built in the lower level seating. An old school retro look, that may cause a few seats to be obstructed........

Luzinski

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Some of the artist's renderings of the future enhancements to USCF have a new upper deck in right field, and it appears to be a lot lower (ie, closer to the action) than the current upper deck.

WHich is where the UD shouldve been in the first place....

SaltyPretzel
03-02-2004, 09:30 PM
With all of the money they're spending on renovations, why not build a few restrooms in the parking lots for tailgators to replace the hot, smelly port-o-pottys.

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 09:34 PM

Next, I totally agree and hope they put a brickface wall where all exposed concrete is, especially behind home plate. It does wonders for a ball park. Check out a game at PNC Park in Pittsburg. It looks really good how there brickface is exposed behind home plate.

Finally, for the final renovations for 2005, lets wave some of the money we will make with the attendance boost in 2005 in front of one of the premiere players in the game. Carlos Beltran. Lets get serious. Reed isnt a true CF, but we can have him in LF. Get Beltran and Mags locked up. Move Lee to 1b, as he has way more of an upside then PK. Deal PK and his contract and that bum Borchard for a pitcher or two like Washburn or someone of his calliber. This allows Frank to remain the DH for the rest of his HOF career with the Sox. I want Beltran on the South side so bad. He is a swith hitting, 40sb guy , who will hit .300, 30, 100, and a 100 runs for the next 5 years minimum. Plus we take him away from the Royals. After whoever is our leadoff guy, we then have a perfect 2 hitter in Reed, followed by Frank, Beltran, Mags, and Lee, with a mature Crede behind Lee. What do you guys think?

Luzinski

WHOAH! Hey Man....this is an EXCELLENT POST. I like this idea of Moving Caballo to 1B and Getting Jeremy Reed into the lineup in LF with Carlos Beltran in Center. Excellent Idea.
He would fill a couple holes for sure. WOW. Reed Beltran Maggs in our Outfield is VERY FORMIDABLE. Id rather Platoon Lee and Big Frank at 1B, and keep Frank here for the rest of his career

greenpeach
03-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly

I think it's going to be a replica of the one in old Tiger Stadium. However, I'm not sure if it will have the same overhang as the one in Detroit. I hope so because it would add a nice touch.

dickallen15
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by greenpeach
I think it's going to be a replica of the one in old Tiger Stadium. However, I'm not sure if it will have the same overhang as the one in Detroit. I hope so because it would add a nice touch.

I hope they make it the same height and angle that Old Comiskey used to have in its outfield upper decks.

batmanZoSo
03-03-2004, 12:05 AM
They should put that porch in left field because of our team's makeup. Plus, we'd be copying Texas too much having it in right.

This would get rid of the billboards on the left side. On the right
side, they should green it up beyond the stands to make a good view from inside the park. Put up some trees and a large monument or something.

I would leave the two miscellaneous scoreboards in the OF, but mmove them right next to the main one. So we'd have no billboards then. Now what would be really cool is to build a tower about 15 stories tall...have year round money making things in there, restaurants, etc, plus some seating for game watching much like the stadium club in right. I could see it now, something with a big clock on top or a throwback union 76 sign for a charming touch .

HITMEN OF 77
03-03-2004, 01:25 AM
The question is, who's going to hit the first roof shot on the new UD?

DSpivack
03-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
The question is, who's going to hit the first roof shot on the new UD?

Grady Sizemore? Torii Hunter? Jason Giambi? A Rod?

OneDog
03-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Daver
You can paint plastic,they make penetrant paint designed specifically for plastic.

Yeah, but will management shell out the extra bucks for the quality, or will he settle for the cheap stuff....a-la Schoenweis instead of Colon. :D:

Max Power
03-03-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm all for a HR porch, but if I'm imagining it correctly then wouldn't it obstruct the view of the jumbotron for pretty much everyone in the RF stands? I know there are seats in other stadiums where you can't see the jumbotron/scoreboard, but it still seems an odd thing to do just 1 year after getting the new jumbotron.

mantis1212
03-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Max Power
I'm all for a HR porch, but if I'm imagining it correctly then wouldn't it obstruct the view of the jumbotron for pretty much everyone in the RF stands? I know there are seats in other stadiums where you can't see the jumbotron/scoreboard, but it still seems an odd thing to do just 1 year after getting the new jumbotron.

From what I've seen in various illustrations posted here, this HR porch looks like it be placed above the concourse in RF, not above the RF stands. So basically the open air concourse area in RF will be covered by the HR porch. (another area to stand during a rain delay I guess). This shouldn't obstruct the jumbotron from the lower RF stands.
The name of the structure will be a HR porch, but the chances of any balls landing there are close to nil. That being said, I really don't care about balls landing there, I think it'll be a great vantage point to watch the game from. Much better to have 5000 seats there than the 6000 seats in the stratosphere that was torn down.
I for one am really excited to see this new contruction!

Randar68
03-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212
From what I've seen in various illustrations posted here, this HR porch looks like it be placed above the concourse in RF, not above the RF stands. So basically the open air concourse area in RF will be covered by the HR porch. (another area to stand during a rain delay I guess). This shouldn't obstruct the jumbotron from the lower RF stands.
The name of the structure will be a HR porch, but the chances of any balls landing there are close to nil. That being said, I really don't care about balls landing there, I think it'll be a great vantage point to watch the game from. Much better to have 5000 seats there than the 6000 seats in the stratosphere that was torn down.
I for one am really excited to see this new contruction!

No, it isn't a "HR porch" unless it basically extends all the way out to the existing wall. It may not quite accomplish that, but it will most certainly cover a good portion of the LD, probably up to the patio area...

mantis1212
03-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
No, it isn't a "HR porch" unless it basically extends all the way out to the existing wall. It may not quite accomplish that, but it will most certainly cover a good portion of the LD, probably up to the patio area...

Well then I guess the structure I've seen in those pictures isn't a HR porch.
Does anyone have that picture still? Could it be posted again to take another look?

wdelaney72
03-03-2004, 10:06 AM
I agree with Daver, plastic could be painted. The blue has got to go.

I disagree about the increase in attendance. Any attendance improvement due to the renovations will be minor. I personally am very excited about the changes, but that's not going to make the many disgruntled Sox fans come out and support JR and the marginal team being placed on the field. Winning, combined with signing exciting marquee players will be the only way to signifficantly improve the Sox attendance "problems ".

IronFisk
03-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Blue seats are here to stay...sorry to say. I see no overwhelming issue with these...it has simply come up as a "something nice" issue, instead of being one of the prime problems to begin with.

As for the HR porch, expect it to come all the way to the patio, and maybe beyond it, and to be quite low for balls to have a good chance to land out there. Check out old Tiger Stadium as your guide.

I expect nearly all the scoreboard to be obstructed from view for those in the lower right field...much like Old Comiskey...that's the price of ambiance!

I think with the money they have left, you'll get a HR porch, a "grand entrance", and maybe ramps INSIDE the stadium instead of shielding it. That has always been a huge complaint since the doors opened. My biggest beef is the fact that it takes you forever to walk down those suckers. Inside the park, I would hope they will be far less lengthy.

Randar68
03-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by IronFisk
That has always been a huge complaint since the doors opened. My biggest beef is the fact that it takes you forever to walk down those suckers. Inside the park, I would hope they will be far less lengthy.

One obvious benefit of moving those ramps indoors would be the ease of adding/maintaining escalators.

ewokpelts
03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
With all of the money they're spending on renovations, why not build a few restrooms in the parking lots for tailgators to replace the hot, smelly port-o-pottys.

mebbe we can get a sponsor for it too....
Gene

hold2dibber
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM

What do I think? Deeppink for pipedreams, dude. There's no way in all hell that the Sox will go after Beltran AND keep Maggs. Those two guys alone would cost between $25 and $30 million. Even if they let Maggs walk, I'd be surprised to see them make a play for Beltran, who reportedly is in the Yankees' sights. Plus, the Sox will be in desparate need for starting pitching after next year (when Loaiza's and Schoenweiss' deals expire) - unless, of course, Jon Garland and at least one other young pitcher become bona fide major-league studs.

Randar68
03-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
- unless, of course, Jon Garland and at least one other young pitcher become bona fide major-league studs.

Speaking of needing some deeppink

Brian26
03-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Blue seats are here to stay...sorry to say.

Iron, who is your source of information? For the second year in a row, I talked to a White Sox representative that said green seats will be included in the renovation process as part of the final phase.

BlackSox
03-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I talked to a White Sox representative that said green seats will be included in the renovation process as part of the final phase.

That's good news.

I realize it isn't life or death, but green seats & trim would make Sox Park look much much better. Green is easier on the eyes, and looks more like a "park" than blue.

Also on my wish list: getting rid of (or move them wayyyy back) the big billboards lining the outfield concourse and have a big fan deck, hang-out area with bars and food and waitresses and such.

IronFisk
03-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Iron, who is your source of information? For the second year in a row, I talked to a White Sox representative that said green seats will be included in the renovation process as part of the final phase.

I'm just expressing a realistic opinion - the question is, WHO is your source you speak of? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see green seats, but that does not seem to be as much of a problem as other issues...unless your source has statistics that prove me wrong.

IronFisk
03-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BlackSox
Also on my wish list: getting rid of (or move them wayyyy back) the big billboards lining the outfield concourse and have a big fan deck, hang-out area with bars and food and waitresses and such.

Ah, just come out and say you want a Hooters out there!

Daver
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
I agree with Daver, plastic could be painted. The blue has got to go.

I was merely pointing out that the seats could be painted,I really don't have a problem with the blue seats.

I don't care if the seats are the color of a baboons ass,I would like to see a winning product on the field.

Rocky Soprano
03-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I was merely pointing out that the seats could be painted,I really don't have a problem with the blue seats.

I don't care if the seats are the color of a baboons ass,I would like to see a winning product on the field.

Qoute of the week right there!

ROFLMAO!

:D:

nitetrain8601
03-03-2004, 08:29 PM
I think green would look ugly with black and charcoal. Blue goes well with them, so I see no problem. And for the poster who keeps on saying we should get rid of the billboards, that's just a pipedream. We need the billboards to sponsor stuff, unless you would like the Sox to tattoo TD Waterhouse to your arse and such.

BTW, how do you people know for sure if the HR porch will be added?

Brian26
03-03-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm just expressing a realistic opinion - the question is, WHO is your source you speak of? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see green seats, but that does not seem to be as much of a problem as other issues...unless your source has statistics that prove me wrong.

A White Sox representative that was at Soxfest. Last year, I overheard him talking to Joe Borchard and Joe Crede on the Friday night. He had sketches and a list of improvements. I don't have the guy's name, unfortunately. There's nothing for me to gain by making this up. I posted some of the info right after Soxfest last year....just thought it was interesting stuff to pass along. It appears the seats will happen...but it makes sense to have it be in the very last phase since it's such a cosmetic change to the Park (ie, infrastructure should be taken care of first).

Realist
03-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
I think green would look ugly with black and charcoal. Blue goes well with them, so I see no problem. And for the poster who keeps on saying we should get rid of the billboards, that's just a pipedream. We need the billboards to sponsor stuff, unless you would like the Sox to tattoo TD Waterhouse to your arse and such.

I have a friend that works in the front offices for the White Sox and I ran into her at the All-Star Game last year. She claims that "Jerry is absolutely married to the idea of a home run porch in right field".

soxnut
03-04-2004, 12:11 AM

In regards to the green, I think it depends on the shade of green that is going to be used. The blue is an eyesore--it looks terrrible on tv. Green is much easier on the eyes. If you think that the seat color is going to be the same as old Comiskey, then I don't think that would go well. But, if the green is a few shades lighter than the batters' eye and the scoreboard, then yeah, that'll look great.

As for the billboards, if they put up an upper deck in rf, half of the billboards will be gone or blocked anyway. And if they do the ud in rf, the backwall between the decks should have the arched windows, similar to the old park. :smile:

joeynach
03-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
In regards to the green, I think it depends on the shade of green that is going to be used. The blue is an eyesore--it looks terrrible on tv. Green is much easier on the eyes. If you think that the seat color is going to be the same as old Comiskey, then I don't think that would go well. But, if the green is a few shades lighter than the batters' eye and the scoreboard, then yeah, that'll look great.

As for the billboards, if they put up an upper deck in rf, half of the billboards will be gone or blocked anyway. And if they do the ud in rf, the backwall between the decks should have the arched windows, similar to the old park. :smile:

I think a dark navy blue would be the best. Everyone seems to be overlooking this. Seats like the bears have now or like the phillies just put in their new stadium.

hsnterprize
03-04-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
I think a dark navy blue would be the best. Everyone seems to be overlooking this. Seats like the bears have now or like the phillies just put in their new stadium. You also have to realize blue is part of the Bears' and Phillies' color schemes...so even though blue seats are generally looked down upon in this retro-ballpark trend, it shoudn't be too much of a problem in Philly, Soldier Field, and the new ballpark in San Diego.

I saw some pictures of the new Petco Park, and the place looks nice. Even though there's a lot of white in the stadium's color scheme, I think the concrete and blue color scheme reflects well considering where they're building the place. I don't think the blue seats in San Diego won't be an issue there like it is here...remember...Reinsdorf had the chance to make U.S. Cellular Field better than it is now, and he TURNED IT DOWN. Seat colors weren't an issue then, but all that changed when Oriole Park went up. Once that place opened, carbon copies popped up all over the place in all levels. The Cell's renovations are looking great, but people, whether we like it or not, will ALWAYS say to a certain extent, "This place could've been built better."

nitetrain8601
03-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
I think a dark navy blue would be the best. Everyone seems to be overlooking this. Seats like the bears have now or like the phillies just put in their new stadium.

I agree. Or a Dark Green. I think if it's the same color as the batter's eye or lighter that would look atrocious. If you absolutely must change the seat colors it has to be a dark color because that's the color scheme throughout the park. You think the current blue is bad, wait to see a green-like color and you'll not only be blinded in the sun, but once you see it in the shade, you'll throw up.

I think they should just keep the current seats. It goes well with the park or get a darker color. If you want green seats go to Wrigley Field and get that brick wall you guys want too.

Tekijawa
03-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I had heard of a home run porch also, but then I got to thinking?

If there was a HR porch in the plans then why wouldn't they build it before tearing down the roof? I mean what happens this year if by some miracle that we make the playoff and they have 6000+ seats less to fill?

It could still happen, but it doesn't really make sense the way they are going about doing it? Then again this is the white sox and I highly doubt that this was a very well though out plan to begin with...

maurice
03-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
If there was a HR porch in the plans then why wouldn't they build it before tearing down the roof?

Because JR knew he wasn't going to sign (or resign) any good free agents, meaning that the lost capacity in 2004 only affects about three games.

soxnut
03-05-2004, 01:18 AM
I agree. Or a Dark Green. I think if it's the same color as the batter's eye or lighter that would look atrocious. If you absolutely must change the seat colors it has to be a dark color because that's the color scheme throughout the park. You think the current blue is bad, wait to see a green-like color and you'll not only be blinded in the sun, but once you see it in the shade, you'll throw up.

I think they should just keep the current seats. It goes well with the park or get a darker color. If you want green seats go to Wrigley Field and get that brick wall you guys want too.

I diagree, the current blue looks awful, especially for tv. A dark blue would be ok but I don't want it. How ccould the color green look atrocious considering just about every new ballpark has green seats, and green and black accents??????? :?: :)

DannyCaterFan
03-05-2004, 11:44 AM
The Cell is going to look great as we enter the 2005 season. With all the changes, including green seats, this will be one of the most fan friendly stadiums in the country. Still, don't be surprised when the Chicago media finds something to complain about. We will always be second rate as long as they still have the north side "Shrine" to go to.

Kittle
03-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DannyCaterFan
The Cell is going to look great as we enter the 2005 season. With all the changes, including green seats, this will be one of the most fan friendly stadiums in the country. Still, don't be surprised when the Chicago media finds something to complain about. We will always be second rate as long as they still have the north side "Shrine" to go to.

Aren't they adding more seats to the outfield of The Urinal? I'm sure that'll look just wonderful. LOL!

At least the media won't be able to complain about the UD anymore.

BlackSox
03-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Ah, just come out and say you want a Hooters out there!
How did you know? :gulp:

HURT35
03-05-2004, 02:09 PM
The argument has always been based on how the park looks on TV, primarily, right? Based on that, my take has always been why not just make the walls a dark green since that is what you see most on TV. Maybe that is in the works for this year? While they're at it, they should use some darker colors in the rotating ads behind the plate (no more florescent orange -it looks really bad on TV). Leave the blue seats, spend the money on the grand entrance etc for 2005. If they can fill the damn seats in the lower deck (which is all you really see on TV) no one really sees what color the seats are.

I hope that people start to recognize the improvements that have been done to the park and that it is a great place to watch a game.

I like that the park is different from the others built after it. Lets face it many of the newer parks have copied features to the degree that there is a "same-ness" to them. Sox park remains unique and thats fine with me.

joeynach
03-06-2004, 12:56 AM

Wrigley has very little brick. Only on the outfield walls and the walls right by the foul poles. The whole exterior of the urinal is like giant whitewashed board. Its nothing special. No windows, no brick, just what looks like normal white colored siding with a little dark green splashed here and there. Really not all that attractive. In fact the only thing i cant think of about that obstucted view haven that is postitive would have to be the ladies. Thats it. I can have a great time at the ball park without 80 year old brick outfield walls and a corcking fraudulent right fielder.

nitetrain8601
03-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Have you not noticed that the outfield is huge, along the foul poles is a lot of area and behind home plate. The brick goes all around the wall. The Wall is brick. How can you possibly say it has very litte brick?

SaltyPretzel
03-06-2004, 05:25 AM
He's referring to the exterior of the park. I agree. It is nothing special. There's brick walls on the exterior of the bleachers, otherwise, they have prefab cement walls down the exterior of the right field line. There's nothing charming about that. Not to mention the creepy Harry Carrey keeper of lost souls statue.

Realist
03-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Here's an artist's rendition of the park with the new roof and the home run porch in right field.

batmanZoSo
03-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by HURT35
The argument has always been based on how the park looks on TV, primarily, right? Based on that, my take has always been why not just make the walls a dark green since that is what you see most on TV. Maybe that is in the works for this year? While they're at it, they should use some darker colors in the rotating ads behind the plate (no more florescent orange -it looks really bad on TV). Leave the blue seats, spend the money on the grand entrance etc for 2005. If they can fill the damn seats in the lower deck (which is all you really see on TV) no one really sees what color the seats are.

They are improving the way it looks on TV by covering the umpires tunnel with seats (something I've wanted done for years..why they would dedicate that much space to nothingness when they could be selling lukury seats for 150 a pop is beyond me). They should make the padding charcoal. No one else has that and it would set our park apart.

Huisj
03-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Realist
Here's an artist's rendition of the park with the new roof and the home run porch in right field.

it would be pretty cool if eventually they made the ramps up to the upper level actually look nice like on that picture. the way they look is really the one thing i don't like a ton about the outside of the stadium, because they make it so you can't see the outside of the stadium.

pinwheels3530
03-07-2004, 11:37 PM
What are the chances of those final renovations going through for the 2005 season? Do they have enough money left from us cellur to complete these changes?

soxnut
03-07-2004, 11:52 PM
? :?: :(:

pinwheels3530
03-08-2004, 12:19 AM
What's with the faces?

joeynach
03-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Have you not noticed that the outfield is huge, along the foul poles is a lot of area and behind home plate. The brick goes all around the wall. The Wall is brick. How can you possibly say it has very litte brick?

Im talking about the outside of the park. When people refer to coors and camden, the old retro style parks with exterior brick facade with tinted windows and either charcol or green siding. Wrigley has brick covering the interior playing field wall, what you see on tv. The sox use blue padding, thats the difference. Wrigley looks like a giant white picket fence from the outside, nothing spectacular at all. No trademark archietural features or design or anything. At least old Comiskey had the famed arched windows.