PDA

View Full Version : Sammy is a cheater


clarkent
03-02-2004, 08:48 PM
When will baseball fans realize that this guy is a fraud? He has already been caught corking his bat= cheater! And it is only a matter of time until he gets named as a steriod user. Sammy =cheater. And while this occurs, the media will continue to love Sammy talking about how great he is and ripping on Frank for his moodiness. I don't know about you but I admire Frank for his integrity and for the fact that he has been Chicago's best "clean" baseball player of the last 15 years. In fact, he has been Chicago's best player period!

MRKARNO
03-02-2004, 08:56 PM
You're preachin to the choir buddy. :)

SoxFan76
03-02-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't understand why Bonds, Sheffield, and Giambi are only being talked about. Why hasn't there even been a mention of Sosa? To me, he is the number 2 suspect, only behind Bonds. It should be a given for him to be a main suspect.

MRKARNO
03-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I don't understand why Bonds, Sheffield, and Giambi are only being talked about. Why hasn't there even been a mention of Sosa? To me, he is the number 2 suspect, only behind Bonds. It should be a given for him to be a main suspect.

Because there is actually a report linking them to BALCO, where Sammy Sosa probably doesnt get his steroids from BALCO

SEALgep
03-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I don't understand why Bonds, Sheffield, and Giambi are only being talked about. Why hasn't there even been a mention of Sosa? To me, he is the number 2 suspect, only behind Bonds. It should be a given for him to be a main suspect. He wasn't sent a BALCO package. However, I'm sure he has his own gig in the Dominican.

doublem23
03-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I don't understand why Bonds, Sheffield, and Giambi are only being talked about. Why hasn't there even been a mention of Sosa? To me, he is the number 2 suspect, only behind Bonds. It should be a given for him to be a main suspect.

The article did mention that there were a few more players they've confirmed to be on steroids, that just weren't named.

guillen4life13
03-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Before I say anything futher, I want to make this clear: I firmly believe that Sosa is on the 'roids just as you all do, and I have a very strong disliking for him.

Now, to play devil's advocate, here's what I think just should be said. Frank's a great baseball player--but there's no material proof saying that he isn't juicing either. There is just as much material proof (invoices, documents or hot blood tests etc. that would indicate steroid purchases or use) of Frank's use as there is for Sammy's use (at least there's an equal amount of proof that we know about). Does Sosa's make up look extremely different from the body he had 10 years ago? You can bet your rear it does. Does Frank's? I'd have to say yes, but the change is not even close to the extent of Sammy's. While suspicions can be harbored against Sammy (or Frank, for that matter), they must not be automatically taken as facts until they are proven true.

Innocent until proven guilty.


But I really think the MLBPA is pushing it to say that drug tests are in violation of the right to privacy, especially given the industry. These are drugs that aid to the success of the players. They're shortcuts, and it MUST be considered cheating by the union. It seems to me like more and more players are for testing--then why is the Union still against it?

As for the corked bat, I think Sammy's special cheeks are full of reporters and fans in denial.


:moron
Oh, c'mon Sammy! Just a fart! For the fans!

:shammy
It's for the fans? We can put on a show for them! Light it when it comes!

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Guillenforlife..........the only thing Wrong with your statement
is A SOX fan can Easily bring out a picture of a 1987-88 Frank Thomas and see that the MAN is Large. He was a Football Player.
Sammy in 1988, was as skinny as a rail. Now hes a football player too. and it all happened in the span of 2 yrs. Amazing what Roids can do huh? Thomas? Hes as big as he ever was

guillen4life13
03-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Guillenforlife..........the only thing Wrong with your statement
is A SOX fan can Easily bring out a picture of a 1987-88 Frank Thomas and see that the MAN is Large. He was a Football Player.
Sammy in 1988, was as skinny as a rail. Now hes a football player too. and it all happened in the span of 2 yrs. Amazing what Roids can do huh? Thomas? Hes as big as he ever was

Pretty much I was trying to say that the changes Frank's body has undergone seem much more natural-- more like normal changes that would occur when a buff, muscular guy goes from his mid 20's to mid 30's. I'm sure Frank weighs a bit more, but I'm also sure he has a bit more flab on him now. He looks a little bit more buff now than he did then. Back then, he just looked like a really lean, really strong guy (which he was). I think that now he's just as strong, but his body looks a little different because of natural aging.

Sammy's doesn't look too natural, but until there's credible proof, I don't think it should be taken as a fact that he uses steroids. Do I think he does? Sure, but I wouldn't be willing to put my life on it, because I think that there is an extremely (I mean EXTREMELY) low chance that he hasn't taken them. And you all must admit that possibility exists, though it's probably a very, very small possibility.

doublem23
03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Before I say anything futher, I want to make this clear: I firmly believe that Sosa is on the 'roids just as you all do, and I have a very strong disliking for him.

Now, to play devil's advocate, here's what I think just should be said. Frank's a great baseball player--but there's no material proof saying that he isn't juicing either. There is just as much material proof (invoices, documents or hot blood tests etc. that would indicate steroid purchases or use) of Frank's use as there is for Sammy's use (at least there's an equal amount of proof that we know about). Does Sosa's make up look extremely different from the body he had 10 years ago? You can bet your rear it does. Does Frank's? I'd have to say yes, but the change is not even close to the extent of Sammy's. While suspicions can be harbored against Sammy (or Frank, for that matter), they must not be automatically taken as facts until they are proven true.

Innocent until proven guilty.

But I really think the MLBPA is pushing it to say that drug tests are in violation of the right to privacy, especially given the industry. These are drugs that aid to the success of the players. They're shortcuts, and it MUST be considered cheating by the union. It seems to me like more and more players are for testing--then why is the Union still against it?

As for the corked bat, I think Sammy's special cheeks are full of reporters and fans in denial.


I have to disagree with your assement here. Frank's always been a big boy, since his days at Auburn. He's been a relatively consistent offensive force for a decade; while Sosa suddenly surged in power starting in 1998. His 66 that year topped his career best by 26.

Grobber33
03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
The article did mention that there were a few more players they've confirmed to be on steroids, that just weren't named.

Hey Doublem23,,,you have any idea how to get one of those 'Like Father,Like Son bumper stickers?? I'd love to put one on my Car,altho I am stuck in heavy GOP Country and my tires could be in peril.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Hey Doublem23,,,you have any idea how to get one of those 'Like Father,Like Son bumper stickers?? I'd love to put one on my Car,altho I am stuck in heavy GOP Country and my tires could be in peril.

Les,
I think you need a Hawk for Prez sticker on that car! :)

Viva Magglio
03-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Hey Doublem23,,,you have any idea how to get one of those 'Like Father,Like Son bumper stickers?? I'd love to put one on my Car,altho I am stuck in heavy GOP Country and my tires could be in peril.

Democrats are infiltrating suburbia, Les. I live in the SW burbs, and I have never seen so many lawn signs for Democratic candidates.

SpecialEd21
03-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Actually before Sosa hit 66 his career best was 40 homers in 124 games in the year he was injuried after getting hit in his hand. Which was 1996.

Grobber33
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Democrats are infiltrating suburbia, Les. I live in the SW burbs, and I have never seen so many lawn signs for Democratic candidates.


GOOD!!! It's about time.

thecell
03-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Democrats are infiltrating suburbia, Les. I live in the SW burbs, and I have never seen so many lawn signs for Democratic candidates.

I can't wait to move out of the SW suburbs :)

jabrch
03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Sammy probably has one of his guys do his dirty work for him. Maybe not Julian Martinez - but someone like him - who's job it is to acquire and carry his steroids - provided he actually uses them. In any case - that is probably someone so tight with him (bought and paid for) that he will never roll on him. Bonds/Sheff/Giambi were dumb enough to have direct contact with Balco and have packages mailed to them - rather than do it through an intermediary.

Eventually someone may roll on Sosa. Heck - with the testing coming up - maybe he will get caught? On the other hand , the pics of him in spring training this year have him looking bigger and more massive than ever before - no signs or any reduction in mass.

jackbrohamer
03-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Sammy probably has one of his guys do his dirty work for him. Maybe not Julian Martinez - but someone like him - who's job it is to acquire and carry his steroids -

Shammy also has the advantage, until recently, of spending his winters in the Dominican Republic and other third world countries where drug enforcement is not as stringent as here. For all I know steroids may not even be outlawed in the DR.

MarkPloch
03-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Sosa is the league lap dog. he does his thing and baseball makes money. he has a different set of rules.

Selig wont touch him.

davidleeroth
03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
the problem with baseball players being big in general is that they dont have the time to workout to be that big. i can buy a football player or a bball player being that big because they simply have the time to work out that much. devoting about 18 hours a week to just playing the games makes it doubtful that they've got enough time to make the muscle happen

Daver
03-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by davidleeroth
the problem with baseball players being big in general is that they dont have the time to workout to be that big. i can buy a football player or a bball player being that big because they simply have the time to work out that much. devoting about 18 hours a week to just playing the games makes it doubtful that they've got enough time to make the muscle happen


Hey welcome aboard! :redneck