PDA

View Full Version : Results of Intersquad 3-2-04

MRKARNO
03-02-2004, 08:12 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040302&content_id=644113&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp

Schoenweis: 3 IP 4 K 0 H
Rauch: 3 IP 3 K
Grilli: 2 IP K
Stewart: 2 IP ER

You gotta like Rauch's chances to be our 5 guy. It would be nice if he ended up being half the pitcher that he was once projected to be

seventytwo
03-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I was really hoping Stewart had turned the corner, but looks like he's the same old Josh. I can't believe he gave up one run!

Brian26
03-02-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm digging that pitching line. Of course, in an intersquad game, there's a bad side to that.

soltrain21
03-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I'm digging that pitching line. Of course, in an intersquad game, there's a bad side to that.

I would rather have our pitchers do good than our lineup tear it up.

sas1974
03-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
I would rather have our pitchers do good than our lineup tear it up.

Yes, I don't want to hear that some kid from AA hit 3 home runs off of Jon Garland.

sas1974
03-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

I do think we should take these 4Ks w/ a grain of salt though since Paulie accounted for 2 of them.

Randar68
03-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I do think we should take these 4Ks w/ a grain of salt though since Paulie accounted for 2 of them.

midseason form, I guess, LOL!

lowesox
03-02-2004, 10:41 PM
I hope Grilli and Rauch both make the team. Even if one is as long relief. I don't really think any of the other guys are ready yet.

As for Stewart, I hope he puts up some good numbers, because this is the kind of guy I'd like to see the sox use as trade bait.

soxwon
03-02-2004, 10:41 PM
im sick and tired of everyone assuming things like PK is in mid season form, its only spring training for god sakes.
quit complaining- these are our guys, back them up, root for them not against them, for criss sakes.
spring training doesnt mean jack- many guys have off spring trainings and are great during the regular season.
no more critisism so early.
support our players, this team is going to be great.
it will be a special year- just wait youll see.
all i hear is this guy sucks- he wont be much- hes overated.
nobody is overated on our team.
these guys were brought together by the baseball gods- for one purpose.
to win it all.
root for the sox- not against them.
grow up.
da reverand has spoken

lowesox
03-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm really happy to hear that OZzie is placing such importance on good baserunning and moving runners over. That has been something this team has missed a lot in the last few years.

Mickster
03-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
im sick and tired of everyone assuming things like PK is in mid season form, its only spring training for god sakes.
quit complaining- these are our guys, back them up, root for them not against them, for criss sakes.
spring training doesnt mean jack- many guys have off spring trainings and are great during the regular season.
to win it all.
grow up.
da reverand has spoken

Agree. When I got home last night, I realized that I TIVO'd the 2002 Home Run Derby from Miller Park. Oh the memories....

Konerko was batting .328 w/ 20HR at the break in 2002. Lost to Giambi in the semi's 7 to 6. Could have easily beat SHAM-ME in the finals who only hit 1!

Konerko is not dead! Let's give him the benefit of the doubt! :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
03-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
midseason form, I guess, LOL!

If given the choice, I'd rather have Paulie strike out than hit into a double play.

Railsplitter
03-03-2004, 10:17 AM
91-71? Hey, as crappy as the A.L. Central is, that could be enough to take the division.

Randar68
03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
to win it all.
grow up.
da reverand has spoken

"midseason form, I guess, LOL!"

Note the "LOL"

de reverend is oblivious.

jeremyb1
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040302&content_id=644113&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp

Rauch: 3 IP 3 K
Grilli: 2 IP K
Stewart: 2 IP ER

You gotta like Rauch's chances to be our 5 guy. It would be nice if he ended up being half the pitcher that he was once projected to be

Its funny because WhiteSox.com said Rauch pitched well but the Sun Times said he struggled giving up five hits including the two doubles that were outs trying to be stretched into tripples.

hold2dibber
03-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'm really happy to hear that OZzie is placing such importance on good baserunning and moving runners over. That has been something this team has missed a lot in the last few years.

JM gave a lot of lip service to those issues as well. I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

maurice
03-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Its funny because WhiteSox.com said Rauch pitched well but the Sun Times said he struggled giving up five hits including the two doubles that were outs trying to be stretched into tripples.

When a Sox player gives up five hits but zero runs in three innings, the Cub-Times reports that he "struggled." If Wood gave up the hits, they'd report that he "battled hard through three shutout innings, overcoming adversity and showing the mental toughness of an Ace pitcher." Where's Hangar?

jeremyb1
03-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by maurice
When a Sox player gives up five hits but zero runs in three innings, the Cub-Times reports that he "struggled." If Wood gave up the hits, they'd report that he "battled hard through three shutout innings, overcoming adversity and showing the mental toughness of an Ace pitcher." Where's Hangar?

Well if he gave up 2 doubles and three additional hits in three innings it doesn't sound like he was outstanding but the 3 k's weren't bad.

Tekijawa
03-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by sas1974

Paulie looks like he must have worked on his swing over the winter... It's nice to see that it now takes him two at bats to get 2 outs... this will be HUGE come the first bases loaded 1 out and Konerko at bat that we had so many times last year!

Randar68
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Paulie looks like he must have worked on his swing over the winter... It's nice to see that it now takes him two at bats to get 2 outs... this will be HUGE come the first bases loaded 1 out and Konerko at bat that we had so many times last year!

*****! Man, that one was classic.

A. Cavatica
03-03-2004, 08:31 PM
It would be nice if he ended up being half the pitcher that he was once projected to be

What good is a 3 foot 6 pitcher?