PDA

View Full Version : wow. this is unbelievable!

habibharu
03-02-2004, 05:00 PM
i heard from a friend that in the sunday edition of the cubune(2/29), they forgot to include the sox in the weekly calendar section. they have every team, including the rush, wolves, and even horse racing!. i dont get the trib so can someone who has the sunday issue check it out and verify?

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Thats absolutely inexcusable. I can see that in the HoHoKam Register, but not the Cubune

ChiSox14305635
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
I still have Sunday's paper, and they have the Hawks, Bulls, Cubs, College B-Ball, Bowling, Golf, Motorsports, Soccer, Track & Field and Horse Racing. But no White Sox.

The Cubune: Business as usual.

fledgedrallycap
03-02-2004, 05:48 PM
They mentioned this topic on MJ&H yesterday. Basically stating that it had to be a mistake by an editor, but un-exusable nontheless.

SoxEd
03-02-2004, 05:54 PM
The Hollinger Group's newspapers, including the Sun-Times, are to be auctioned off (I know about this because it includes Britain's Daily Telegraph).

Do we know of any (extremely) wealthy Sox fans who might be able to buy the Sun-Times and alter its Sport Writers' editorial position (strictly as a way of providing an alternative to Trib bias, you understand)?

SoxFan76
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I did notice that. What you heard was very true. It's a damn shame. Cub fans think we are pissed for no reason since the Cubs deserve more exposure. I guess they haven't noticed the lack of respect these last 15 years. (Maybe it's more than that, I'm a younger fan.)