PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/2/04

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 03:51 PM
kind of forgot about yesterday, but not much to report otherwise.
Enemy got 6 stories compared to just 3 stories for the Sox.

Today, we ALMOST managed to NOT lose anymore ground.

Chicago Cub-Times:
3 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cubune:
2 cub stories
2 sox stories

Cubs Streak of FrontPage/BackPage photos ends, but what a run! they went something like 9 of the last 11 days with Front/BackPage Pictures!

Laughable and Biased Standings as of Tues 3/2/04

Cubs 129
Sox 47

THE_HOOTER
03-02-2004, 04:56 PM
I know you are hell bent on this topic, but who would expect them to give more coverage to?

Give it up-- A team run like a major market with major marketability is going to get a lot more press and it should be that way.

A team that is run like a minor market team is not going to sell papers--

Face it--The Cubs are 10 times more popular than the Sox and they are going to receive more press.

The media gives the public what they want--and the public wants press coverage of the Cubs a hell of a lot more than of the White Sox.

I don't care about press coverage or who is more popular--I just want to win!

soxruleEP
03-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
I know you are hell bent on this topic, but who would expect them to give more coverage to?

Give it up-- A team run like a major market with major marketability is going to get a lot more press and it should be that way.

A team that is run like a minor market team is not going to sell papers--

Face it--The Cubs are 10 times more popular than the Sox and they are going to receive more press.

The media gives the public what they want--and the public wants press coverage of the Cubs a hell of a lot more than of the White Sox.

I don't care about press coverage or who is more popular--I just want to win!

To all who post in this thread every day saying Hanger is out of his mind or misguided or whatever:

Please don't bother to open the thread and read it.

Let those of us who revel in misery about the inequities of this situation converse unencumbered.

By the way--

The Cubs have only just started to "be run like a major market team" but this coverage has been like this for more than a decade.

Carry on Hanger.

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I enjoy the counts. I'm looking forward to see how it ends up at the end of the season.

npdempse
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
This count is WRONG, as I SEE it.
The Trib sports today ran a story on the Twins that was really about the Sox, a story on Takatsu, and Foltman's Sox notes.
All they did on the Cubs was a story on Prior's Achilles tendon and the Cubs notes.
MUCH more space was given to the Sox, overall...Maybe time to take a BREAK from hyperanal-yzing the media, lest the little blue MEN start appearing everywhere...
Seems to me that the news is surprisingly FAIR and BALANCED given how little we've done to improve this offseason.

Hangar18
03-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
This count is WRONG, as I SEE it.
The Trib sports today ran a story on the Twins that was really about the Sox, a story on Takatsu, and Foltman's Sox notes.
All they did on the Cubs was a story on Prior's Achilles tendon and the Cubs notes.
MUCH more space was given to the Sox, overall...Maybe time to take a BREAK from hyperanal-yzing the media, lest the little blue MEN start appearing everywhere...
Seems to me that the news is surprisingly FAIR and BALANCED given how little we've done to improve this offseason.

The Twin story that was about the sox included Pictures of Twins, and talking to Twins about the division. So i didnt count it. You'll see the count is accurate. I did mention the news was almost balanced yesterday.....we only lost 1 story in the
standings ......