PDA

View Full Version : Yet another increase

SoxFan78
03-02-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is totally true, but check out this article in today's Red Eye

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040302rosenbloomredeye,1,6813866.column?coll=cs-home-utility

If this is true, then it doesn't surprise me. Glad to see that they can't afford to pay their beer vendors either. I would not be surprised in a couple of years from now, the beer prices are almost 8 bucks.

What do you guys think

Just got more expensive to have a :gulp: at the ball park.

thepaulbowski
03-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan78
I'm not sure if this is totally true, but check out this article in today's Red Eye

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040302rosenbloomredeye,1,6813866.column?coll=cs-home-utility

If this is true, then it doesn't surprise me. Glad to see that they can't afford to pay their beer vendors either. I would not be surprised in a couple of years from now, the beer prices are almost 8 bucks.

What do you guys think

Just got more expensive to have a :gulp: at the ball park.

At many ballparks such as those in NY and on the West Coast, it already costs 6-8 bucks to get a beer.

Iwritecode
03-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow, thankfully I only drink $3.50 pepsi and $3.00 bottles of water...

Reading the rest of that article, I started to get mad because of the way he was bashing the Sox. Then I found that he's an equal opportunity basher so I guess I can't get too upset... :smile:

Tekijawa
03-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that beer at Wrigley Costs $5.50 at least it did last year, I don't see the trib writing an article about that...

Must be bash Comiskey Day over there at the Trib... or do anything to take the focus off of the Prior Injury day... It's a long season and I hope they CRASH AND BURN!

Jerko
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
So let's see, usually there are 4 of us drinking so a round of beers will cost 22 bucks. It's cheaper in the Stadium Club! You can get a 20 ouncer in the bullpen bar for 5.50 (unless all that goes up too!)

cheeses_h_rice
03-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Further down the article, and Rosey gets rolling...

SAM'S CLUB: So the Cubs don't want to comply with Major League Baseball's edict about getting the riffraff out of the clubhouse in the wake of this steroid disaster. And the reason for the Cubs' stance is Sammy Sosa has a lackey. So now the Cubs can fight the edict, which coddles Sosa, or they can follow the rules and risk having a right-fielder pouting all the time. Then again, the Cubs wouldn't have to baby a guy that doesn't act like a baby.

KID STUFF: I seem to remember Sosa telling us he was a "gladiator." Sorry, but gladiators don't need a blankie.

AND ANOTHER THING: I also seem to remember Sosa telling us he doesn't have an ego. The only Cubs player who has a lackey, and he doesn't have an ego?

NEEDLING: When Dusty Baker says he's never seen steroids or doesn't know how you take them, he's either lying or not smart enough to know he should know what's going on. And this guy is in charge?

STEVE-MAIL: From Mike Bauer: "Any truth to the rumor of 'Specimen Cup Day' at the Giants-Cubs matchup?"

:gulp:

npdempse
03-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Don't really care about the jack in beer prices; that's pretty much commensurate with what beer costs at more expensive bars these days.

But what was with the jab at Garland's IQ? I mean, he doesn't seem like a rocket scientist, but by baseball player standards, he doesn't seem less than normal. Did I miss something?