PDA

View Full Version : final change to comiskey

kittle545feet
03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
i heard a rumor about a year and a half ago about the final stage of the reconstruction of comiskey. after going away, it seems to have surfaced again and i don't know what to think. i have been told that the changes made after this season (2004) will be huge. the middle row of boxes and suites will be moved up under the new roof that has been added for this year and the upper deck seats will begin where the terrace seating begins. if this is the case, it sounds great. move the real fans closer and the boxes further. again, this is just a rumor i have heard but i have heard it a lot lately. anybody else hear anything? :andy

TornLabrum
03-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by kittle545feet
i heard a rumor about a year and a half ago about the final stage of the reconstruction of comiskey. after going away, it seems to have surfaced again and i don't know what to think. i have been told that the changes made after this season (2004) will be huge. the middle row of boxes and suites will be moved up under the new roof that has been added for this year and the upper deck seats will begin where the terrace seating begins. if this is the case, it sounds great. move the real fans closer and the boxes further. again, this is just a rumor i have heard but i have heard it a lot lately. anybody else hear anything? :andy

The Sox have been saying that the changes after 2004 will not be of the same magnitude as what we've seen so far.

MRKARNO
03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The Sox have been saying that the changes after 2004 will not be of the same magnitude as what we've seen so far.

Of a lower or higher magnitude or was it unspecific?

mantis1212
03-01-2004, 10:16 PM
That would be AWESOME, but I don't see it happening. The majority of the U.S. Cellular money is being spent on this year's project from what I remember. Moving those boxes would cost a TON.
I'm sure the leftover money will be spent on the HR porch, like the most common rumor has said.

sas1974
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
While I like the idea of moving those suites out of the way and adding more individual seats, I find it hard to believe that they would that. They can't sell a lot of those suites now, if they move them up into the stratosphere I can't imagine that anyone would pay what they are going to ask to sit up there. That also sounds VERY expensive. I guess you never know though...

Randar68
03-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by kittle545feet

That would cost over 100 million without blinking.

Grand entrance, RF upper deck, maybe a few othe minor changes is about all you can reasonably hope for. They aren't goin gto re-do the UD and concourse only to tear it up.

Realist
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

From what I understand, the homerun porch in right field is definetly going to happen in the next off-season.

I've got a cartoonish artist rendition of what it's supposed to look like, but I don't know how to post pics.

SSN721
03-02-2004, 06:49 AM
I cant wait to see the park with the rf UD, grand entrance and all that other stuff talked about, I think it will look great. Already very excited to see what the ne UD looks like, think it will truly enhance the park.

PINWHEELS
03-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Realist
From what I understand, the homerun porch in right field is definetly going to happen in the next off-season.

I've got a cartoonish artist rendition of what it's supposed to look like, but I don't know how to post pics. Green Seats were Also Rumored!

SaltyPretzel
03-02-2004, 08:43 AM
When I saw the schedules for this year, which are a green color scheme, I got a gut feeling that it will happen.

duke of dorwood
03-02-2004, 08:45 AM
I just hope it's something really different-and the roof would have covered more of the upper deck.

Kittle
03-02-2004, 08:57 AM
I guess that a RF upper deck and a re-done entrance would be nice, but I'd be satisfied with the way the place will look on opening day.

It took them 10 years too long, but they've done a hell of a lot to improve The Cell over the past few years and I'm pretty happy with it (sounds strange saying that, as I'm almost never happy with what JR and his crew do). Even the corporate naming rights are OK, as "Comiskey" will always be the old ballpark across the street to me. If that's what it took to finance the rennovations, then it's OK by me.

voodoochile
03-02-2004, 09:06 AM

I've got a cartoonish artist rendition of what it's supposed to look like, but I don't know how to post pics.

If it's on your hard drive, upload it by using the browse button below the message reply box. Find the picture in your file system and click on it. You cannot preview a picture you are uploading, so you have to just hit submit reply and take a chance you actually got the right image.

For on-line images find the URL by right clicking on the picture and then left clicking on the word "propertys" at the bottom of the pop-up menu. Find the URL in the list of items displayed and copy it by highlighting and right clicking then selecting "copy" off of the new pop-up menu. Then open a reply box and click inside of it. click the "IMG" button above the message reply box and when the text box appears, delete everything in it then paste the copied URL by right clicking in the text space and left-clicking on "paste" from the pop-up menu. Then click "Okay" and the URL should appear inside the message reply box surrounded by the IMG tags. You can preview the post to see the picture in this place.

Odds are those are the same pictures that are already floating around here that Hangar and others post from time to time.

maurice
03-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Grand entrance, RF upper deck, maybe a few othe minor changes is about all you can reasonably hope for.

These are the only credible rumors I'm aware of, which is fine with me.

SoxEd
03-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
Green Seats were Also Rumored!

Let's not start on the seat color again - how many posts was it last time?

Realist
03-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Is this the pic?

cubhater
03-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Is this the pic?

Cool sketch! Hope those are trees on the outfield concourse. But did they have to keep the oversized billboards above the RF HR porch? That looks strange. Nonetheless, a big improvement.

Baby Fisk
03-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Is this the pic?
That looks amazing. More and more like Old Comiskey every year... :D:

anewman35
03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by cubhater
Cool sketch! Hope those are trees on the outfield concourse. But did they have to keep the oversized billboards above the RF HR porch? That looks strange. Nonetheless, a big improvement.

Some of that might happen, but that pic is years old - plans could have changed drastically since then...

SSN721
03-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by cubhater

Actually I kind of like that, looks imposing and keeps the continuity of the steelwork wrapping around the whole outfield.

soxnut
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
That picture is one of the older versions. Hangar had a good pic of the last rendition that had the RF-UD. If the pic that we are viewing in this thread were to happen, why would they keep up the billboard behind the new UD? Also, where are the out-of-town scores? the lights in rf? And the scoreboard has two screens on it. And the roof on the original UD in that drawing, is nothing like what is being installed currently.

Cool idea about that UD in rf. And I like the green padding on the walls as well........ :smile:

TornLabrum
03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Of a lower or higher magnitude or was it unspecific?

Lower magnitude.