PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy Baseball Prospectus 2004?

MarkEdward
03-01-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm still thinking about purchasing it, and I'd like to gather some opinions. I didn't like BP 2003 much, so I'm still on the fence. I'm definitely picking up Sickel's Prospect Book soon, though.

MRKARNO
03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I ordered it and I should get it tomorrow

jeremyb1
03-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I have mine ordered from Amazon. Hopefully it arrives soon. I'd definitely recommend picking it up. Even if you disagree with some of it, it could be valuable just to see a different viewpoint. Also, it is relatively cheap and really, really huge so its a good value.

kermittheefrog
03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
I literally ordered it yesterday. What was your problem with BP 2K3?

Dadawg_77
03-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Yeah, I have mine ordered from Amazon. Hopefully it arrives soon. I'd definitely recommend picking it up. Even if you disagree with some of it, it could be valuable just to see a different viewpoint. Also, it is relatively cheap and really, really huge so its a good value.

Even if you don't like it it makes a great door stop.

My copy, pre-order since Amazon corrected their listing, shipped on Fri.

MarkEdward
03-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I literally ordered it yesterday. What was your problem with BP 2K3?

I don't know. I just wasn't able to get into it very much. I still like the work BP does, and they are an asset to the baseball community, but I just haven't read a lot of their stuff since they've gone premium.

npdempse
03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Got mine today (pre-ordered from Amazon).

I like the player projections and all the write-ups. A number of players are on the wrong team, though, and I wish they had longer stats lines. But for 16 bucks including shipping, it's really not a bad deal.

ma-gaga
03-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by npdempse

A number of players are on the wrong team, though, and I wish they had longer stats lines. But for 16 bucks including shipping, it's really not a bad deal.

They usually put the players on the LAST team that they played for, so FA's are going to be on the wrong team.

My buddy isn't ordering it because Doug Pappas ruined his marriage... seriously.

Dadawg_77
03-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
They usually put the players on the LAST team that they played for, so FA's are going to be on the wrong team.

My buddy isn't ordering it because Doug Pappas ruined his marriage... seriously.

That sounds like an story there.

Brian26
03-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

Details please.

ma-gaga
03-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Details please.

I'll PM anyone who wants details.