PDA

View Full Version : So who is on our side?


SoxFan76
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
With all the Cubbie lovin', I was wondering who is on our side? Besides the obvious ones like Mayor Daley. I was thinking more along the lines of celebrities. TV news people too. From what I see, it seems like the black woman with Walter Jacobson on the 9 o clock news on fox is a Sox fan.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
No one in the Chicago media has the "cojones" to align themselves with the Sox. BUT if the Sox are playing in October, everyone will say they were rooting for them this season. No wait, the Cubbies are supposed to win it all, so the Sox would still get dissed because the Cubs are also playing and have a better chance with that Hall Of Fame rotation of theirs.

Sorry to rant.....but it's true. :(:

I believe dammit!

hsnterprize
03-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
No one in the Chicago media has the "cojones" to align themselves with the Sox. BUT if the Sox are playing in October, everyone will say they were rooting for them this season. No wait, the Cubbies are supposed to win it all, so the Sox would still get dissed because the Cubs are also playing and have a better chance with that Hall Of Fame rotation of theirs.

Sorry to rant.....but it's true. :(:

I believe dammit! Uh...ahem!!!!! I'm in the "Chicago media", and I have the largest "cojones" north of 35th and Shields in rooting for the Sox. I make NO bones about it...I'm a Sox fan, and I challenge anyone in the press who follows the sCrUBS to try and stop me.

You won't hear any Sox dissing from me...and if confronted, I'll stick up for them like a real Sox fan should.

chisoxmike
03-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Lou Connellis is a admitted Sox fan working on CLTV.

AOEllis
03-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Dave Johnson, I believe is his name, the Guy in the orange sportcoat who comes out on the floor during timeouts in Illinois basketball games is a White Sox fan. I talked to him during our house's broadcast of the Bruce Weber Radio show. For the record, Bruce is a Brewer fan.

ChiSox14305635
03-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I know during the 2000 season that Jessie Jackson was at alot of the games. Maybe not the name some of you wanted to hear, but a name in the news nevertheless.

Blueprint1
03-02-2004, 12:31 AM
He was also at the cubs playoff games.

batmanZoSo
03-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
No one in the Chicago media has the "cojones" to align themselves with the Sox. BUT if the Sox are playing in October, everyone will say they were rooting for them this season. No wait, the Cubbies are supposed to win it all, so the Sox would still get dissed because the Cubs are also playing and have a better chance with that Hall Of Fame rotation of theirs.

Sorry to rant.....but it's true. :(:

I believe dammit!

The score is mostly sox fans by my count.

hsnterprize
03-02-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I know during the 2000 season that Jessie Jackson was at alot of the games. Maybe not the name some of you wanted to hear, but a name in the news nevertheless. Like another poster said...Jesse was at Cubs playoff games. In fact, on the night the Cubs lost game 7, he said in a soundbyte before the game..."How do you spell belief...C.U.B.S." So much for "keeping hope alive."

I think Dan Jiggetts from Fox 32 here in Chicago is a Cubs fan. Here's another radio Sox fan...the guy I work for every morning, WMBI News Director and long-time WBBM news reporter Dave Mitchell. He and I were the only ones in our radio station who were smiling when the Cubs lost last year.

hsnterprize
03-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Carmen DeFalco, college buddy and Bulls pre- and post-game analyst on ESPN Radio 1000...bona-fide SOX FAN. DeFalco and I worked Columbia College's WCRX Radio's "Sports Underground" show together a few times while we were students there.

Realist
03-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Carmen DeFalco, college buddy and Bulls pre- and post-game analyst on ESPN Radio 1000...bona-fide SOX FAN. DeFalco and I worked Columbia College's WCRX Radio's "Sports Underground" show together a few times while we were students there.

I gotta buddy of mine that's a huge Sox fan named "Dave" that may have been a DJ on the station when you were there. Do you know him?

hsnterprize
03-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Realist
I gotta buddy of mine that's a huge Sox fan named "Dave" that may have been a DJ on the station when you were there. Do you know him? Not that I remember off-hand. If the name comes to me, I'll let you know.

HomeFish
03-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Richard Roeper.

PINWHEELS
03-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Dennis De Young of STYX Is huge White Sox Fan!

kittle42
03-02-2004, 09:17 AM
This is a fairly unimpressive list of "celebrities."

bennyw41
03-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Rich King Of WGN is a sox fan. He works for the enemy, but is still a Sox Fan at heart.

eriqjaffe
03-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
Dennis De Young of STYX Is huge White Sox Fan!

I remember he recorded a tune called "Run Sox Run", which they used to play before games back in '85. I'm pretty sure he recorded it specifically for the Sox.

"Everyone stand and cheer / For seventy-five great years"

I wonder if there's an MP3 of that floating around...

And one could make a case for Adam Ant:

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc000/c008/c0085546a63.jpg

--Eriq.

Uncle_Patrick
03-02-2004, 02:02 PM
The guy on Fox News in the morning (not David Navarro, but the guy on earlier, Patrick something or other, I can't remember his last name at the moment) is a Sox fan. I remember him being pretty sarcastic about the Cubs during last year's playoffs.

If Dennis DeYoung is a Sox fan, who else cooler would we need? Maybe Richard Marx...

thepaulbowski
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
The guy on Fox News in the morning (not David Navarro, but the guy on earlier, Patrick something or other, I can't remember his last name at the moment) is a Sox fan. I remember him being pretty sarcastic about the Cubs during last year's playoffs.

If Dennis DeYoung is a Sox fan, who else cooler would we need? Maybe Richard Marx...

Patrick Elwood is the fox guy

George Wendt is a Sox fan....nobody is cooler than "Norm"

CHISOXFAN13
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
No one in the Chicago media has the "cojones" to align themselves with the Sox. BUT if the Sox are playing in October, everyone will say they were rooting for them this season. No wait, the Cubbies are supposed to win it all, so the Sox would still get dissed because the Cubs are also playing and have a better chance with that Hall Of Fame rotation of theirs.

Sorry to rant.....but it's true. :(:

I believe dammit!

John Kass is a huge Sox fan despite writing for the Cubune.

Realist
03-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Here's one of the prettiest Sox fans: Robin Tunney

Realist
03-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by eriqjaffe
I remember he recorded a tune called "Run Sox Run", which they used to play before games back in '85. I'm pretty sure he recorded it specifically for the Sox.

"Everyone stand and cheer / For seventy-five great years"

I wonder if there's an MP3 of that floating around...

And one could make a case for Adam Ant:

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc000/c008/c0085546a63.jpg

--Eriq.

Egads. I was singing that Adam Ant song yesterday. :o:

WSox8404
03-02-2004, 02:19 PM
George Wendt is all we need. I jsut wish he would show himself at Sox games. Just his presence in and around the Bullpen sports bar would sell some tickets, don't you think?

daveeym
03-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Jesse Jackson is an opportunist not a sox fan. I was sitting across the aisle from him at the first home game after the sox ripped the yanks and twins and built that huge lead. My buddy's brother grabbed a ball from the bat boy and gave it to this girl a few rows up and got a bunch of claps (caused problems though because she had a twin sister) so a tennis ball gets thrown on the field and Jesse signals the bat boy over and gets the tennis ball and gives it to the twin, takes a bow (no one was clapping), and sits down. I think jesse spent most of the game on his cell phone, probably calling his mom to tell her to catch him on tv.

Uncle_Patrick
03-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Wasn't Bernie Mac a Sox fan until last year? I recall hearing something about his giving up the Sox after the team's collapse at the end of last season.

thepaulbowski
03-02-2004, 03:38 PM
I even saw Ernie Banks at a Sox game last year!!

Paxson93
03-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Linda Yu's a Sox fan. Season ticket holder too I think.

SoxFan76
03-02-2004, 05:00 PM
What's with all the Dennis DeYoung dissing? I love Styx, and I'm not being sarcastic. But I agree, the list of celebrities is not very impressive. I knew about Cannelis, forgot to mention him.

Max Power
03-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Rapper Twista and rapper/producer Kanye West may be White Sox fans. They're both from Chicago and their frequently played on MTV video for "Slow Jamz" features a bunch of people in White Sox apparel.

MRKARNO
03-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Max Power
Rapper Twista and rapper/producer Kanye West may be White Sox fans. They're both from Chicago and their frequently played on MTV video for "Slow Jamz" features a bunch of people in White Sox apparel.

I think one of them is from the west side and one from the south side, but it's still very possible that they are both sox fans

santo=dorf
03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Max Power
Rapper Twista and rapper/producer Kanye West may be White Sox fans. They're both from Chicago and their frequently played on MTV video for "Slow Jamz" features a bunch of people in White Sox apparel.

Twista was wearing a Cubs throwback jersey in the "Slow Jamz" video. Not a Sox fan in my book.

SoxFan76
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Most rappers have worn Sox gear. It's more of a fashion thing than an allegiance to a team.

sas1974
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I was watching a re-run of The Celebrity Poker Tour the other night and Shannon Elizabeth was wearing a Sox hat.

ewokpelts
03-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Realist
Here's one of the prettiest Sox fans: Robin Tunney

she's from chicago?
Gene

Realist
03-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
she's from chicago?
Gene

Yep. Southwest side Irish.

Palehose13
03-03-2004, 12:19 PM
IIRC, The guys in Blink 182 are Sox fans.

johnny174
03-03-2004, 01:42 PM
i believe the guy who does the farm report on wgn news is a sox fan, walter tremstra or something. i could be wrong about the name but some old guy on there is.

my dad raised me white sox hardcore but he listens to wgn religiously. it breaks my heart. i wonder if he realizes how much more true his son is than he.

Dub25
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Almost positive Warner Saunders from news 5 is a sox fan. I seem to remember the late Darrian Chapman would say to Warner your Sox played good or your Sox went down tonight before showing the highlights.

Dub25
03-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I was watching a re-run of The Celebrity Poker Tour the other night and Shannon Elizabeth was wearing a Sox hat.

Could you possibly post a picture of that? How about altering the picture a little so she is topless and wearing a Sox hat.

SD Scott 7
03-03-2004, 04:37 PM
I saw the sports guy from Fox Chicago (Bruce Wolf) at the restaurant Ron of Japan on Saturday. He said that he is a Sox fan and that his co-workers think the sox are a joke. He also said there is a strong bias in the media toward the sox.

hsnterprize
03-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Wasn't Bernie Mac a Sox fan until last year? I recall hearing something about his giving up the Sox after the team's collapse at the end of last season. I pretty much have dropped Bernie Mac from any allegiance to the Sox. He said in various soundbites during the Cubs/Marlins series that the "Sox could go to hell", and being a Sox fan was "like having an ugly girl who gives good sex." He was one of those, "it's a Chicago team, so let's support 'em" kind of folks who looked really stupid in Cubs gear from head to toe.

hsnterprize
03-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
What's with all the Dennis DeYoung dissing? I love Styx, and I'm not being sarcastic. But I agree, the list of celebrities is not very impressive. I knew about Cannelis, forgot to mention him. As far as DeYoung is concerned...domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!!!!!

DSpivack
03-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by AOEllis
talked to him during our house's broadcast of the Bruce Weber Radio show. For the record, Bruce is a Brewer fan.

I'm sorry, Bruce.

gosox41
03-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by SD Scott 7
I saw the sports guy from Fox Chicago (Bruce Wolf) at the restaurant Ron of Japan on Saturday. He said that he is a Sox fan and that his co-workers think the sox are a joke. He also said there is a strong bias in the media toward the sox.

I can't stand Wolf. I doubt he is a Sox fan. Every newscast when he talks baseball it's "The Sox did this or that today, now let's get to the real team,,,"

Bob

Jerko
03-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I can't stand Wolf. I doubt he is a Sox fan. Every newscast when he talks baseball it's "The Sox did this or that today, now let's get to the real team,,,"

Bob

I agree, I saw him do something like that just the other day. I don't think he's a Sox fan at all.

Hangar18
03-04-2004, 10:02 AM
There is absolutely no way Bruce "cubbie" Wolf is a Sox Fan.
Thats like saying Fred from the "Murph & Fred Show" on the Score
is a SoxFan. That guys a Stooge, and lets Murphs CubLust DOMINATE the discussions and topics. We all know a real SOX Fan wouldnt put up with that for a minute. it would at least
be 50/50. Not 80/20 the way its been the last few yrs.
Glad I dont listen to that show anymore. Oh, that DORK on FOX Dane Placko "huge cub fan". Hes the guy that did those cubfluff pieces asking RED fans last yr what they thought of "legions" of fans coming to their park. nimrod. How come the Media didnt cover the "Legions" of SoxFans that were at Dodger Stadium last year? THERE WERE A TON of sox fans
at that series.....I was pleasantly surprised. Placko was busy asking Yankee fans what they thought of CHicago style pizza
and if the nitelife is better here or there

melissainthecity
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Governor Joe Kernan of Indiana is a Sox fan!

ewokpelts
03-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Realist
Yep. Southwest side Irish.

beverly?
Gene

woodenleg
03-04-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Richard Speck was a Sox fan. Oh, and Leopold and Loeb.

nitetrain8601
03-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Kanye West and Twista are both from the Southwest side. They're from East of Western a little bit. They both grew up in the same neighborhood. Anyway, they're both Sox fans, not as dedicated as others but the Cubs throwback is a fashion statement. I could almost guarentee you that they're Sox fans. Bernie Mac is a Sox fan. The only reason why he jumped on the Cubs bandwagon was so he could get some good PR for his movie.

Realist
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
beverly?
Gene

You know, it might be Beverly but I'm not sure. I'll ask her brother what neighborhood they're from next time I see him. He's as big of a Sox fan as any of us on this site and I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here one day.

Realist
03-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
I'm pretty sure Richard Speck was a Sox fan. Oh, and Leopold and Loeb.

Yikes, Speck did those murders less than a mile from my house. My dad said he and a bunch of neighbors chased him off the block the nite before because he was peeping in windows up and down the street. :o:

TaylorStSox
03-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Twista is from "K-Town" which isn't too far from here. The majority of people from that area consider themselves to be west siders. He talks about the "west side" all the time in his tunes. Regardless, those throwback Sox jerseys are EVERYWHERE right now. It's safe to say most of the rappers that wear them aren't Sox fans.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Realist
Egads. I was singing that Adam Ant song yesterday. :o:

Wow! That takes me back quite a few years. Everyone sing, Dirk wears White Sox! Dirk wears White Sox!

I do remember that tune and have it somewhere in my library. I will have to start digging.
Maybe not!

Realist
03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
Wow! That takes me back quite a few years. Everyone sing, Dirk wears White Sox! Dirk wears White Sox!

I do remember that tune and have it somewhere in my library. I will have to start digging.
Maybe not!

Do yourself a favor and dig it out. I didn't listen to it for 15 years, popped it on and was blown away at how well it holds up. Antmusic for Sexpeople! :D:

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Realist
You know, it might be Beverly but I'm not sure. I'll ask her brother what neighborhood they're from next time I see him. He's as big of a Sox fan as any of us on this site and I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here one day.

y'know...ironically one of her movies was on last night....four rooms...not a good movie...but her scenes were good(nudity and all).......it was that or watch wigstock(a drag queen doc.)
Gene

DannyCaterFan
03-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe that Corey McFerrin was rasied on the south side and is a true Sox fan. Also Rich King has admitted to being a fan.

sas1974
03-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DannyCaterFan
I believe that Corey McFerrin was rasied on the south side and is a true Sox fan. Also Rich King has admitted to being a fan.

I saw Corey at a few games last season for whatever that's worth. On the concourse that is, not working.

Railsplitter
03-10-2004, 08:51 AM
I haven't seen anybody in the mation press say anything good about the Real Sox (White, not Red)

thepaulbowski
03-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by melissainthecity
Governor Joe Kernan of Indiana is a Sox fan!

Kernan was born in Chicago and went ND on a baseball scholarship. He was mayor of South Bend when they built Coveleski Stadium and the South Bend White Sox moved in (this is why I'm a Sox fan). This may be why he is a Sox fan.

On a sidenote, I believe one of the biggest mistakes the Sox made was not retaining South Bend as a farm team. Many people who used to be White Sox fans in the South Bend area aren't any longer, because they lost the farm team.

Frankfan4life
03-10-2004, 09:10 PM
I may be mistaken but I believe Pat Brickhouse said in an interview with DJ during a Sox game that she and the late "Hey Hey Man" were Sox fans.

If not, they should be after the royal dissin' the Cubs gave him.

http://www.wgnradio.com/photos/brickhouse.jpg

MiamiSpartan
03-11-2004, 01:13 PM
One of our sports anchors down here is a Sox fan from Chicago. During the Cubs' series last year, one of the news anchors asked him if it was hard for him to root against the Cubs, and he said "not at all. I'm a White Sox fan...I hate the Cubs!"

I also know that former Cub, Milt Pappas is a Sox fan...

Whitesox029
03-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by MiamiSpartan
One of our sports anchors down here is a Sox fan from Chicago. During the Cubs' series last year, one of the news anchors asked him if it was hard for him to root against the Cubs, and he said "not at all. I'm a White Sox fan...I hate the Cubs!"

I suppose he's no longer with the network...

Being an XRT VIP, I know that the morning news girl Susan Wiencek is a Sox fan. Though the DJs are all cool, none of them is a Sox fan that I know of.

StockdaleForVeep
03-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Hillary clinton would be if she were running for office here and the sox were off to a yankee like season

Harry Chappas Jr
03-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Author Jean Sheppard was a huge Sox fan. I also hear John Cusak likes the Sox. But I think the "biggest" confirmed Sox fan is George Wendt.

sas1974
03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Harry Chappas Jr
Author Jean Sheppard was a huge Sox fan. I also hear John Cusak likes the Sox. But I think the "biggest" confirmed Sox fan is George Wendt.

I am not sure about Johnny Cusak. He was sitting on the edge of his seat up in his skybox w/ Jeremy Piven during the playoffs last year.

nlentz88
03-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah, as much as I'm a fan of John Cussack, I'd wager he's a Flubs fan. His sister, on the other hand, must be a Sox fan since we renamed our stadium after her.

Also, I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure Chicago fire commissioner James Joyce is a Sox fan. I'm pretty sure that's accurate because I remember that when I read it I began daydreaming about the fire commissioner once again turning on the sirens to announce another White Sox pennant. Le sigh....

joejacksonsshoes
03-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Kim Vatis on Channel 5 is a Sox fan.
Last summer after the sports report that the Sox would be trying for a sweep after beating the Cubs in the first two games of the series, she pumped a fist into the air and said, "Go Sox."
I thought I'd never see her again!

soxtalker
03-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I can't stand Wolf. I doubt he is a Sox fan. Every newscast when he talks baseball it's "The Sox did this or that today, now let's get to the real team,,,"

Bob

What exactly do you want Wolf to say? Do you expect him to make serious comments urging the Sox on or complimenting them? That isn't his style; in fact, I'd suspect that he meant the opposite. A lot of people on this board are very upset with Sox management for numerous reasons. When I hear Wolf make comments like those you quoted, I get the impression that he is taking a swipe at the Sox management -- exactly what many people on this board do in a much more serious manner.

bartmanisgod
03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey that grandpa, dad, and little girl in the brutal white sox commercial that is played 30,000,000,000 times during the season are sox fans! (Well Either that or just paid actors)

Also I would think Joan Cusack would be because we are graced with her annoying voice every commercial break!

blueeyes33
03-19-2004, 12:18 PM
TWISTA is a sox fan. dont be fooled when u see him wearin a cubs jersey some times. its just a black thannnnnnnnng

sas1974
03-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by blueeyes33
TWISTA is a sox fan. dont be fooled when u see him wearin a cubs jersey some times. its just a black thannnnnnnnng

No TRUE Sox fan would EVER wear a Cubs jersey.

SoxFan76
03-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Maybe he is the little known "fan of both teams". Wow, do I hate when people say they like both teams. We are lucky enough to have 2 baseball teams in our city, pick one.

E Coast Sox Fan
03-19-2004, 04:53 PM
What about R Kelly? Isn't he from Chicago?

SoxFan76
03-19-2004, 04:59 PM
R Kelly likes underage girls, not baseball.

hsnterprize
03-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by blueeyes33
TWISTA is a sox fan. dont be fooled when u see him wearin a cubs jersey some times. its just a black thannnnnnnnng Nope...it's not a "black thang"...it's a "hip-hop" thing. Cubs jerseys, like other teams' jerseys, caps, and other sports-related material, are fashionable nowadays. Rappers will wear what's cool...not necessarily what their heart aligns with. If Twista wears a Cubs jersey in a music video, you know fans of his will do the same.

You should know how rappers and other music artists will wear sports stuff for the fashion of it, and the makers of such apparel know it. There's a reason why you'll see pink Yankees caps and light blue White Sox caps...and that reason doesn't have a thing to do with liking the team. Sure, there are fans of such teams who'll wear such gear to fit in with the latest styles...but I challenge any of you to walk to someone wearing a sports-related item of any kind, and ask them if they like the team. I'll guarantee you just as sure as I'm sitting at my computer writing this the majority of people you talk to won't even care about the team. They just think that particular item, whether it be a cap, jersey, jacket, or something else, looks "cool".

SoxFan76
03-20-2004, 09:46 AM
That's why I get so many looks when I wear my black Sox hat around. All the black guys look at me like im trying to be the next Eminem.

hsnterprize
03-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Maybe he is the little known "fan of both teams". Wow, do I hate when people say they like both teams. We are lucky enough to have 2 baseball teams in our city, pick one. If you hate the "root for both teams" talk, then knock Susan Carlson, Jim Williams, and just about everyone else from the CBS 2 Chicago anchor team off the list. This morning as their morning show was going off the air, Williams was reviewing action from last night's NCAA tournament, and saying DePaul plays UConn tonight. Carlson, a Loyola graduate, said she is rooting for DePaul even though when she was a student, the Blue Demons were rivals. Now, she says she's rooting for them. Williams came back and said we should root for ALL Chicago teams, and he prefaced that by saying, "You White Sox fans should root for the Cubs, and you Cubs fans should root for the Sox." He also said Carlson was being "politically correct" in her comments.

This is not the first time I've heard Carlson say such stuff. When the Cubs were in the playoffs last year, she said over and over again that even though she's a Sox fan, she'd root for the Cubs to win since they're a Chicago team. She, along with the rest of the local Cubbie-loving press were doing their best to put a positive spin on the Cubs loss the day after Game 7. All I could do was laugh.

I confess I used to think like that while I was away in the military. But when I came home, I realized that mentality just wasn't going to cut it. I see that TV and radio anchors have to try to appeal to as many people as possible to get an audience, but there are times when you simply have to draw the line. If it were me, I'd say I'm a Sox fan, and that I'm not rooting for the Cubs...simple as that.

BearSox
03-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen posts about other athletes who are sox fans so i'll throw this one in... Charles Tillman a.k.a Peanut of Da Bears is a Die Hard White Sox fan. He reported to training camp in a Sox jersey I remember and was at a Sox game the night before he signed.