PDA

View Full Version : Shingo Pitching PB

Mickster
03-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I heard this am on the Score that Shingo was pitching PB and was basically unhittable. At one point, he was even telling the batters what was coming and was still unhittable. (Rowand was the only one to take him yard) Anyone else hear this?

I also heard that he will not pitch any ST games against any AL opponents.

Iguana775
03-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Damn....maybe he really is Mr. Zero. He could be huge for us if he turns out to be good.

MRKARNO
03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
I heard this am on the Score that Shingo was pitching PB and was basically unhittable. At one point, he was even telling the batters what was coming and was still unhittable. (Rowand was the only one to take him yard) Anyone else hear this?

I also heard that he will not pitch any ST games against any AL opponents.

I heard all of this a few days ago.

Sorry, old news. I want to see him do that to proven NL hitters this ST before we start getting overly excited about him, but I have high hopes

AOEllis
03-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Is this bad because Aaron Rowand, of all people, can take him yard, or is it good because Crash can finally hit?

WhiteSox = Life
03-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by AOEllis
Is this bad because Aaron Rowand, of all people, can take him yard, or is it good because Crash can finally hit?

The optimist agrees with the latter...

The pessimist points out the bad can only hit the worse.

The Sox fan says, "C'mon! Either spend some money or sell, Jerry!"

Jerry promises, "I'll let Kenny spend money if fans come up to the ballpark."

Kenny pleads, "I do what I can, keeping guys like Rowand and getting guys like Shingo."

A reporter writes about how the two do in Spring Training.

A WSI member like AOEllis makes a humorous remark about a certain occurrence between the two and what could be good and what could be bad.

It's a viscous cycle.

:smile:

Rocklive99
03-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by AOEllis

I don't think it's that bad, since he was telling the hitters what was coming.

In the latest "ST Notes" thing at whitesox.com, it mentions how Ozzie is now open to pitching him against AL opponents. If I remember correctly, he said something like "scouts are going to scout him anyways, and he has to face the AL sometime."

SoxxoS
03-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
I don't think it's that bad, since he was telling the hitters what was coming.

In the latest "ST Notes" thing at whitesox.com, it mentions how Ozzie is now open to pitching him against AL opponents. If I remember correctly, he said something like "scouts are going to scout him anyways, and he has to face the AL sometime."

True, but hearing what the scout says and applying it in real life are two way different things.

WSox8404
03-02-2004, 02:15 PM
If he is as good as reports are saying, we are pretty well off. When you look at our bullpen, you have to fell fairly well. With the likes of Kelly, Damaso, and now Mr. Zero, our bullpen seems fairly solid. Just think how good it would be if somehow Koch came back to form. As the days go by I keep feeling better and better about this season.

SSN721
03-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
If he is as good as reports are saying, we are pretty well off. When you look at our bullpen, you have to fell fairly well. With the likes of Kelly, Damaso, and now Mr. Zero, our bullpen seems fairly solid. Just think how good it would be if somehow Koch came back to form. As the days go by I keep feeling better and better about this season.

The more I read the more I do get excited. But as pointed out above, I would like to see Shingo face some good NL hitting before I get more excited than I should be. And I want Rowand to be consistent before I get to crazy about that, although I still think he is at worst a serviceable player and personally think better than that.

ShoelessFred
03-02-2004, 08:59 PM
antonio osuna was absolutely "unhittable" in his first spring training with the white sox too!

Meixner007
03-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
antonio osuna was absolutely "unhittable" in his first spring training with the white sox too!

Hey, if he can do to shamME what osuna did, he's A-ok in my book.

Daver
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Am I the only one that is wondering why Shingo was throwing peanut butter while the rest of the pitchers were throwing baseballs?

:)

ShoelessFred
03-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Am I the only one that is wondering why Shingo was throwing peanut butter while the rest of the pitchers were throwing baseballs?

whew!! i was going to point it out but i thought i would let someone else be the typing police. :D:

sas1974
03-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Daver

:)

Chunky or creamy?

AOEllis
03-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Anyone know how to say "He Gone!" in Japanese? Hawk should learn.

AOEllis
03-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Doing some research, "USESARU!!" means "to be gone" in Japanese. Close enough for me.