PDA

View Full Version : Parking increase?

JRIG
03-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Don't remember this being covered.

I just got a "Plan 9" order form in the mail from the Sox and parking passes are going for $16 this year. Weren't they $13 last year? And weren't they $10 just 2 short years ago?

Or am I totally wrong.

CubKilla
03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Parking went up a buck. It was $15 last season.

munchman33
03-01-2004, 06:11 PM
I prefer to park for free down the street anyway.

Daver
03-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I prefer to park for free down the street anyway.

Plenty of free on street parking at 35th and State.

JRIG
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Plenty of free on street parking at 35th and State.

That's usually where I go, though I do use the lots sometimes. I just remember it being $10 not long go at all.

duke of dorwood
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Wonder if we'll be able to park free on Federal St where the projects used to be?

$16.00 to park-ridiculous

:reinsy

cha-ching folks

voodoochile
03-01-2004, 09:58 PM
:reinsy
"Pa-ark-ing pass-es? Um... forgive me, but what are those? I have never heard that term. It sounds like someone is making money off of people driving to Sox games and then paying to park their car in a lot. But, I know of no such service having to do with the Sox. How did this happen on my watch? How could this possibly be going on? I mean if anyone should be making money off of those lots, it should be the Sox, but that can't be because the money just doesn't appear on our books anywhere. Simply preposterous. It just isn't happening... (whistles and walks away)."

mrwag
03-02-2004, 07:50 AM
16 bucks is a little steep I think, but I guess I'd rather pay that than take a chance on a side street with a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I tend to feel safer in a parking lot.

soxtalker
03-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Just curious about the nearest "competition". What does the parking cost at Wrigley (including remote lots with shuttle service)?

irish rover
03-02-2004, 11:58 AM
I think every 2 years they raise parking prices, they also alternate raising beer with raising tix, historically that is

If you park in lot G 1.5 hrs before da game it is 1/2 price

doublem23
03-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Just curious about the nearest "competition". What does the parking cost at Wrigley (including remote lots with shuttle service)?

For most of the people who go to Cub games it doesn't really matter because they get such a large influx from the surrounding neighborhood or nearby who take the CTA anyway. I've seen lots range anywhere from $10-$25. Street parking is always an adventure, especially on the North Side where it appears the majority of residents were taught to parallel park in the suburbs. All in all, the Sox are way more convienent, but $16!!! Unless you're planning on cramming 8 people in your car it's a total rip-off.

doublem23
03-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
I think every 2 years they raise parking prices, they also alternate raising beer with raising tix, historically that is

If you park in lot G 1.5 hrs before da game it is 1/2 price

Really? Was that in effect last year? I distinctly remember tailgating the last two years and getting their ass early (hours before game time) and having to buck up the full price.