PDA

View Full Version : Show Your Pride!

WSox8404
03-01-2004, 12:43 PM
I was thinking about this today while I was eating breakfast. When I drive around, and yes I do live on the South Side, I hardly ever see any Sox emblems in the back windows of cars. I myself have two, along with an American flag. I was just wondering if all of you fine Sox fans have Sox stickers in your windows, and if not, how come? I think that if all Sox fans started doing this, we would start showing people that there are Sox fans in the city. Maybe we could actually get some people to come along on the ride with us if they are driving around and see Sox stickers on a more normal basis. I am not talking about buying the 25 dollar Sox flag to stick out your car window, just a little Sox sticker to put on the bottom part of your back window. It's cheap and easy to do, but it does show your true colors.

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 12:49 PM
My License plate covers say CHICAGO WHITE SOX on them.
I was in Cleveland OH on business/pleasure a coulple years ago.
My car was parked kind of across the lines in the truck yard,
and while I was inside talking to my friend who was the owner,
I heard some truck driver walk in and go "Hey, did anyone see that Grand Am (I used to own a grand am) with the Illinois License Plates that say White Sox on them? Who (angrily)
owns that car ?!?" the employees sheepishly pointed
to me.....who was standing there talking to his boss.
Pretty funny moment. they do love their Tribe over there

SouthSideHitman
03-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Would but that I could. I no longer own my own car (I had to quit my job and the insurance cost too much) but my old one had the classic WMAQ SOX bumper sticker on it. I have another of those ready for this summer when I get me another automobile. But till then, my hands are tied.

*Note, I do however leave Sox stickers wherever I can around my school and most of them end up staying, so there's something for you.

IlliniSox
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I proudly display the Old English logo on the rear spare cover of my Blazer. I've gotten my share of honks of recognition.

cubhater
03-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Got a Sox sticker on my back window and love driving on the north side with it on display! :D:

thepaulbowski
03-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I've got the SOX window cling in the back window next to my IU alumni association sticker & ND alumini sticker (for the wife).

soxnut
03-01-2004, 01:18 PM
I've got one on my car :smile:

HITMEN OF 77
03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I've got the Sox chrome license plate cover on the back and a clear Sox window sticker on the passenger rear 1/3 window.

thecell
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I have one in the window of my double wide...how else should southside gutter folk hillbillies display their pride in their team?

Lip Man 1
03-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm the only person in Southeast Idaho who has one on the back of his car.

Lip

SouthSideHitman
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
As I read these threads, I realize that the problem dosn't lie with us hardcore WSIers showing their colors, its the somewhat less dedicated fans and new recruits we need to work on.

So get your all your friends, familiy, in-laws, co-workers and acquaintences to wear and/or display Sox colors. Get them Sox bumper-stickers, hats or jerseys as gifts and try to get them on board.

Also, try to get new converts whenever possible, be it a baseball fan just moving to Chicago, someone discovering the game for the first time or whatever. This is how to put Soxdom on the map. For example, I have a little cousin in KC and I give her Sox stuff for Christmas, take her to games when I visit and have ensured that she grow up a Sox fan. That's what we need to be doing.

C'mon people, the cubs are a mass-media cult who draw more sheep into their misguided flock everyday. We need to counter this and start prosltyzing for what we know to be right - the silver and black!

chisoxmike
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
I have a white sox license plate cover on my car.

billnahorodny
03-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Living 5 blocks from the urinal and a few doors down from a hardcore Flubby rummy bar, I have a Sox sticker on my back window plus, I keep a Sox hat back there as well. During the dark days of last October, it was unbearable seeing the unbridled Cub-phoria everywhere. So I hung a Sox sign in my window to keep the evil Flubs spirits away. It's still there as I try to decide how much bigger the one that replaces it should be :smile: