PDA

View Full Version : Slap Chicago Media in the Face. Wear SOX stuff in an Act of Defiance

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Every time you put your Sox Cap on today and forward, and go to the grocery store, or run your errands, every time you put your Sox jacket on and head to work, your SLAPPING Mike Kiley and Katie Couric in the face. Every time you wear your old-school SOX Cap and head to the gym, your SLAPPING Bruce Levine in the Face. Every time you wear your WHiteSOxBaseball T-Shirt, your HELPING to CRUSH the Media Planted Theory that "nobody cares about the SOX". Hell, youve got washed-up Mamas Boys writing lyrics Stating this very thing.
So lets Slap Billy Corgan in the face .......
This has nothing to do with sign-making, or name calling (which I always encourage). Ive noticed the Crisp Brand spanking new flub caps and jackets being sported around town. I was at bw3 Recently, and saw a guy with the blue jacket and cap, fresh, new and out of the box. I mockingly asked him "just bought it huh?" and did my best Michael Jordan "tsk tsk tsk" to him. He GIDDILY replied "yeah man, just got it today" when he noticed I was mocking him, he stopped smiling.
As an Act of Defiance, ive begun wearing something in my considerable SOX wardrobe, EVERY DAY since the Maddux-world-series announcement. It works. It Quietly and Stealthily reminds everyone that sees you in passing, theres another
Sox Fan. Maybe you could do more sure........But this is
the easiest thing ALL OF US COULD DO. No excuses. just do it.

Rex Hudler
03-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Man, Hangar, this paranoia is getting to you. You need to get a life and get over it already.

Baby Fisk
03-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't Sox fans wear Sox stuff anyway? Other than when I go to work, I usually have one of a dozen different Sox caps on.

It doesn't always work, tho. Once I was wearing the 71-75 red cap with the old english Sox lettering. One guy on the street looked at me and said "Hey, Red Sox!" I didn't know whether to ignore him or punch him. :angry:

eriqjaffe
03-01-2004, 10:36 AM
As luck would have it, I'm wearing a Sox t-shirt today.

And I'm contemplating trying to organize an unofficial office trip to the Cell, in response to the company's sponsored annual trip to Wrigley.

Let's see...I'd have to dig up 20 people to get group rates...

--Eriq.

Frater Perdurabo
03-01-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm with Hangar. I don't normally wear caps at all, but I'll start now. Incidentally, I'm seeing a significant of 83-86 SOX caps and even jackets here in Texas. (Significant for a locale 1000 miles from Chicago, that is).

kittle42
03-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Don't Sox fans wear Sox stuff anyway? Other than when I go to work, I usually have one of a dozen different Sox caps on.

It doesn't always work, tho. Once I was wearing the 71-75 red cap with the old english Sox lettering. One guy on the street looked at me and said "Hey, Red Sox!" I didn't know whether to ignore him or punch him. :angry:

This reminds me - it was really stupid for the White Sox to wear all red when there was a team called the Red Sox.

SSN721
03-01-2004, 11:04 AM
I already do this, fortunately I can wear caps at work. I usually wear the '59, '70s, '83, '17, or current cap to work. Its that and now in the spring I have the satin Sox dugout jacket and the cooperstown jacket which I wear everyday and in my neighborhood when I go out to bars, which will either draw ire or the occasional compliment or "go sox" from the rare Sox fan in Wrigleyville. I make it a point to wear as much Sox stuff as I can.

SoxxoS
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
When I am WRITING like this...WHO do I remind YOU of? Take THREE GUESSES... :smile:

SSN721
03-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
When I am WRITING like this...WHO do I remind YOU of? Take THREE GUESSES... :smile:

Hmmmm, thats a tough one, can we get a couple hints? :D:

Foulke You
03-01-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm wearing my Sox hat now and Esteban Loaiza jersey t-shirt. I'm lucky my job has very casual dress code. No need to worry Hangar, I'm representin'. I never leave my house without a Sox hat. :smile:

ewokpelts
03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
BW3?
Gene

rdivaldi
03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Funny that this should be brought up. On the day of the embarrassing "ball execution", I wore my Sox cap to work. When asked why I replied, "Because I want to make sure that anyone who's not from Chicago will look at me and know that I am not associated with this idiotic behavior".

SouthSideHitman
03-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Hanger, dude, the strain is getting to you man. I mean the problem with all the people you mentioned is that, they do what they do unthinkingly. I remember walking into a debate in Michigan with Sox stickers on my evidence tubs and the judge saying "Why aren't you a cubs fan?" as if that is the only reasonable question to ask. And that is the problem. Katie Kouric doesn't care if you are a Sox fan, it doesn't even register to her.

That being said, I agree that wearing Sox stuff is good. Anything to remind people that there is another team in town is positive, I just don't know what kind of effect it will have on these unthinking, wrigley-drones.

BTW, I am currently wearing my Cork shirt and Sox hat and wear Sox stuff regularly (my personal favorite being the current road jersey, though the '17 WS look is not without its charms).

Lip Man 1
03-01-2004, 12:51 PM
The real question is going to be, will Sox fans still be wearing their Sox stuff if this team is six games under .500 in June like last year?

and by the way, those red striped Sox uniforms from 1971 - 1975 were about the finest looking threads in the game. They still look great. Just look at the photos included in the Carlos May interview. The only thing I didn't like about them was the zipper front. All jerseys should be button downs.

Lip

Brian26
03-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
BW3?
Gene

Buffalo Wild Wings. Lincoln Avenue institution now franchising out in the burbs.

hillbilly
03-01-2004, 12:57 PM
sure this will work

Brian26
03-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
and by the way, those red striped Sox uniforms from 1971 - 1975 were about the finest looking threads in the game. They still look great. Just look at the photos included in the Carlos May interview. The only thing I didn't like about them was the zipper front. All jerseys should be button downs.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Lip. Give me the current black and silver any day of the week. The White Sox should never have been decked out in all red hats or red pinstriped jerseys. Just a terrible page in Sox uniform history.

Baby Fisk
03-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Lip. Give me the current black and silver any day of the week. The White Sox should never have been decked out in all red hats or red pinstriped jerseys. Just a terrible page in Sox uniform history.
I'm trying not to hijack this thread with a debate on Sox unies -- because Hangar starts so few threads :D: -- but I have to respond to this. I think the Red Pinstripes are a great look because of what they evoke: the Melton-Allen big bashing era, Wilbur Wood the inning eater, and a brief revival of Sox fortunes after the dismal 68-70 seasons. Yeah, if JR announced these as the new uniforms for this season I would choke because on their own they are god-awful. Why would we want to look like the Phillies? It's because of the history behind the red pinstripes why I like them so much. (I always thought the Winning Ugly unies were the worst.)

SSN721
03-01-2004, 01:49 PM
The real question is going to be, will Sox fans still be wearing their Sox stuff if this team is six games under .500 in June like last year?

Lip

I cant speak for anyone else, but I wear my caps, jackets and jerseys year round, regardless of how many games out the Sox are or how they did the season before. And I do agree with you on the '71-'75 jerseys, they are one of my favorite styles.

PINWHEELS
03-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
I cant speak for anyone else, but I wear my caps, jackets and jerseys year round, regardless of how many games out the Sox are or how they did the season before. And I do agree with you on the '71-'75 jerseys, they are one of my favorite styles. I also agree with the early 70's jersey being on of the best. 1: Its one of the first things I remember as a kid being at old Comiskey was looking at those bright red pinstripes. And 2: I just spent a arm and a leg to own one .

southsidegirl
03-01-2004, 03:55 PM
I always wear my Sox stuff to school. Today I wore my "Let's do it again" shirt (I don't know what year it's from, it's a little before my time), and all the Cubs fans were all "Do what, loose?". Even my social studies teacher who's a Cubs fan said it. But then she said, "Well we know that you're a dedicated fan that's so hard to find these days." Too bad we can't wear hats in school.

soxnut
03-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Man, Hangar, this paranoia is getting to you. You need to get a life and get over it already.

No kidding........................

Baby Fisk
03-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I cant speak for anyone else, but I wear my caps, jackets and jerseys year round, regardless of how many games out the Sox are or how they did the season before.
All true fans agree with you, SSN721. Bandwagoning is for the northside & the bronx (and Boston every October, before the inevitable apocalyptic disaster over there...) :cool:

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-01-2004, 04:08 PM
I wear my hat and one of those jackets that the players wear with the american flag on it every day. I also have quite a few shirts, a regular home jersey, a home winning ugly jersey, and a 1983 hat with an all star logo that I got from grandstand. One of my teachers asked where I got a shirt from and then he explained to the whole class what logo it was and why it was awesome.
http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lg1134e8wsnrd.jpg
I got it from www.finishline.com for $18 + $5 shipping if any of you care.

Baby Fisk
03-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I wear my hat and one of those jackets that the players wear with the american flag on it every day. I also have quite a few shirts, a regular home jersey, a home winning ugly jersey, and a 1983 hat with an all star logo that I got from grandstand. One of my teachers asked where I got a shirt from and then he explained to the whole class what logo it was and why it was awesome.
That's an awesome shirt! I was never wild about the 82-86 unies overall, but that logo is DA BEST! Thanks for the link.

And this is my 500th post!

:putitontheboard :dinger :lsox :winner :fans

Yee haw! (sorry, got a little carried away...) GO SOX! :)

steff
03-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

I have this in white.

SouthSideHitman
03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
All true fans agree with you, SSN721. Bandwagoning is for the northside & the bronx (and Boston every October, before the inevitable apocalyptic disaster over there...) :cool:

Yep, I remember this October it was just me and one teacher at my school who still sported the silver and black but I think that the true Sox fans never even thought about going to the dark side. The more cubs crap you hear, the more grateful you are that you're not a part of it, even if your team did blow it in the last two weeks.

Originally posted by southsidegirl
I always wear my Sox stuff to school. Today I wore my "Let's do it again" shirt (I don't know what year it's from, it's a little before my time), and all the Cubs fans were all "Do what, loose?". Even my social studies teacher who's a Cubs fan said it. But then she said, "Well we know that you're a dedicated fan that's so hard to find these days." Too bad we can't wear hats in school.

They didn't give you Casimir Pulaski Day off in the western 'burbs? Sheesh, what is the world coming to? I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe Pulaski Day.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman

They didn't give you Casimir Pulaski Day off in the western 'burbs? Sheesh, what is the world coming to? I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe Pulaski Day.
My high school district doesn't give it off either. I used to get it off in elementary school but not in HS.
:hawk
"THAT'S BS!!!"

TornLabrum
03-01-2004, 06:25 PM
As somebody noted this morning on Tommy Edwards' and Larry Lujack's show this morning, it's only Pulaski Day in the city. In the suburbs it's Crawford Day.

SoxFan76
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM

Lip

Last year when the Cubs were in the playoffs, I made sure I wore Sox aparrel as much as I could. I wore it more during the playoffs than during the regular season. I was trying to prove you are a Sox fan for life, not when they make the playoffs.(AHEMCUBFANSAHEM) Excuse me, I must be coming down with something......So anyways, I wore it proud and let everyone know it. And by the way, if you see a fellow Sox fan wearing a t-shirt or hat, let them know they've done good. Let them know you support the good guys in black.

SoxFan76
03-01-2004, 07:31 PM
We didn't get today off either. It doesn't bother me. I'm not Polish and I don't even know why he has his own holiday. But you all better celebrate St. Patty's day like it's your last day on earth!

Realist
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I already do this, fortunately I can wear caps at work. I usually wear the '59, '70s, '83, '17, or current cap to work. Its that and now in the spring I have the satin Sox dugout jacket and the cooperstown jacket which I wear everyday and in my neighborhood when I go out to bars, which will either draw ire or the occasional compliment or "go sox" from the rare Sox fan in Wrigleyville. I make it a point to wear as much Sox stuff as I can.

Hey!! When are you gonna show up at Nick's Uptown? You'll see me there Wed-Sat. I often wear my White Sox garb behind the bar and we get a pretty good amount of Sox fans. It seems like many Sox fans have already joined Hangar's campaign. I'm seeing more and more Sox stuff every day.

Sometimes the only Sox stuff will be my boxer shorts so if I get too much lip from a Cubs fan, I get to drop my pants and show 'em who's boss. :D:

soxnut
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
We didn't get today off either. It doesn't bother me. I'm not Polish and I don't even know why he has his own holiday. But you all better celebrate St. Patty's day like it's your last day on earth!

Pulaski was a Revolutionary War hero.....that's why. So tell me why we should all celebrate St. Patty's Day like it's our last day on Earth???????????

SSN721
03-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Realist
Hey!! When are you gonna show up at Nick's Uptown? You'll see me there Wed-Sat. I often wear my White Sox garb behind the bar and we get a pretty good amount of Sox fans. It seems like many Sox fans have already joined Hangar's campaign. I'm seeing more and more Sox stuff every day.

Sometimes the only Sox stuff will be my boxer shorts so if I get too much lip from a Cubs fan, I get to drop my pants and show 'em who's boss. :D:

Thanks for reminding me. :D: I will have to make it up there soon and I am sure during the season I will have to get up there when not going to games. That should work out good, since my roommate and I plan on going to every half price game. Where was it again, like Lawrence and Sheridan, something like that, sorry my memory is foggy and I forgot the original thread where you told me where it was at. Maybe I will start a thread closer to the season where we can list all Sox friendly bars/establishments on the north side, be good to know. Not that I mind showing up anywhere in my neighborhood in Sox garb. :D:

hsnterprize
03-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Every time you put your Sox Cap on today and forward, and go to the grocery store, or run your errands, every time you put your Sox jacket on and head to work, your SLAPPING Mike Kiley and Katie Couric in the face. Every time you wear your old-school SOX Cap and head to the gym, your SLAPPING Bruce Levine in the Face. Every time you wear your WHiteSOxBaseball T-Shirt, your HELPING to CRUSH the Media Planted Theory that "nobody cares about the SOX". Hell, youve got washed-up Mamas Boys writing lyrics Stating this very thing.
This has nothing to do with sign-making, or name calling (which I always encourage). Ive noticed the Crisp Brand spanking new flub caps and jackets being sported around town. I was at bw3 Recently, and saw a guy with the blue jacket and cap, fresh, new and out of the box. I mockingly asked him "just bought it huh?" and did my best Michael Jordan "tsk tsk tsk" to him. He GIDDILY replied "yeah man, just got it today" when he noticed I was mocking him, he stopped smiling.
As an Act of Defiance, ive begun wearing something in my considerable SOX wardrobe, EVERY DAY since the Maddux-world-series announcement. It works. It Quietly and Stealthily reminds everyone that sees you in passing, theres another
the easiest thing ALL OF US COULD DO. No excuses. just do it. I admire your passion, Hangar. Believe me...if I had a Sox cap and jacket, I'd be wearing it so often, I'd feel naked without them. I was more than willing to wear my Sox stuff in the light of all the Cubbie love and hype last fall. Now, I'd be wearing the stuff no matter what was going on, but it takes stuff like this to perhaps motivate some people to show their colors.

I had a weird daydream the other day...I imagined myself as a sports anchor on a local news outfit. It was during the Cubs' playoff run, and everyone at the anchor desk was going on and on about their love for the Cubs and cheering the Cubs on to victory. When a fellow achor asked me if I was cheering for the Cubs, I boldly told them and the audience...HELL NO. I then stood up, and told the cameraman to focus on my suit. It was black with a silver tie. I told everyone I was wearing this suit as an "open act of defiance to the overkill and hype of the Cubs." I was also wearing a White Sox pin my my lapel, and told the camera guy to focus in on that detail. As I pointed out the Sox-related stuff, I also said that even though the Sox choked their way out of the playoffs, Sox fans will not be ignored. Finally, I got of my soapbox by telling the audience, "If you're a Sox fan who's tired of all this Cubbie-hype, then I ask you to join me in proclaiming to the world that nor everyone in this toddlin' town is a Cubs fan, and that Sox fans deserve to be respected. Just because there's more Cubs fans than Sox fans for now doesn't mean we Sox lovers don't exist." I took some ribbing for the rant, but I clearly stood out from the Cubbie crowd that day.

Realist
03-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanks for reminding me. :D: I will have to make it up there soon and I am sure during the season I will have to get up there when not going to games. That should work out good, since my roommate and I plan on going to every half price game. Where was it again, like Lawrence and Sheridan, something like that, sorry my memory is foggy and I forgot the original thread where you told me where it was at. Maybe I will start a thread closer to the season where we can list all Sox friendly bars/establishments on the north side, be good to know. Not that I mind showing up anywhere in my neighborhood in Sox garb. :D:

I got season tix and one of our guys dropped out so I might have about 30 games just for me. I can't go to all of the games so I give away a few games each year. It's in your best interest to show up at Nick's, buy me a shot of Jameson, and start using my tix or going to games with me. Section 144 row 23 seat 1 and 2 (on the isle)... not too bad. :smile:

I don't sell my tickets that I can't use. I give them away to Sox fans. :cool:

alohafri
03-02-2004, 07:41 AM
I wear my Sox South Side pin with the Cubbie logo slashed out on my ID at work.

SSN721
03-02-2004, 08:01 AM
I got season tix and one of our guys dropped out so I might have about 30 games just for me. I can't go to all of the games so I give away a few games each year. It's in your best interest to show up at Nick's, buy me a shot of Jameson, and start using my tix or going to games with me. Section 144 row 23 seat 1 and 2 (on the isle)... not too bad. :smile:

Jamesons, eh....... I think I can manage that, but still need to know where nicks is. Address would be helpful, that makes it easier to get there and buy shots. :smile:

Kittle
03-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Well, Chicagoans can either sport the Scrubs baby clothes or the stylish Sox gear. Not a difficult choice, even if you don't follow baseball.

Nick@Nite
03-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
And by the way, if you see a fellow Sox fan wearing a t-shirt or hat, let them know they've done good. Let them know you support the good guys in black.

Check this out... last month, as I was walking to chow, I saw someone wearing a Sox hat. I yelled out "White Sox - awright!" ... and the dude replied in a British accent, "yeah, White Sox -- cheers mate!" :cool:

I've wondered if SoxEd is roaming the countryside over here :smile:

I hope Hangar18 isn't to disappointed that I left my Sox hat Stateside... but I have been sporting the "Totally Biased - Flyingsock.com - Sox Fan" hat every chance I get during my travels.

Iwritecode
03-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I've been wearing this charm on a necklace almost every day for close to 10 years now.

Even when I'm not allowed to wear a shirt, hat or coat I can still show off my favorite team.

Sometimes I'll forget about it and someone will look at me and say "Sox fan huh?" It takes me a second to figure out how they knew... :smile:

Realist
03-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Jamesons, eh....... I think I can manage that, but still need to know where nicks is. Address would be helpful, that makes it easier to get there and buy shots. :smile:

Nick's Uptown
4015 N. Sheridan

It's at Irving and where Sheffield turns into Sheridan. Coming from the south, go straight up Sheffield, cross Irving and we're on the right hand side. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
03-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
the easiest thing ALL OF US COULD DO. No excuses. just do it.

Henry, I notice you purposely patronize restaurants and bars in areas that are in Flubbie "territory" (Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville), even though you live in Pilsen. Maybe if you stopped intentionally working yourself into a froth, this kind of stuff would stop bothering you so much.

Me, I live about 5 miles from the Urinal, and I manage to get by most days without even having to think about the Flubs. Why? Because I usually shy away from neighborhoods where the stereotypical young, professional, fratboy Flub fan is likely to be.

Works for me.

LoveTheSox
03-02-2004, 02:56 PM
If I could wear my Sox hat everyday to work, believe me I would. I work with some of the most die hard cubbie fans I have ever met. I do; however, wear a sox charm on my charm bracelet. Anytime they start their little cubbie-lovin' rants, I subtly make my charm noticeable, and if need be, remind them that I am their boss. :D:

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Henry, I notice you purposely patronize restaurants and bars in areas that are in Flubbie "territory" (Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville), even though you live in Pilsen.

Hey Cheeses, that CarWash I mentioned in another thread is just blocks away from me. But funny you should mention that, Im making StirFry tomorrow nite, and since there isnt a Trader Joes near me, I shop the ones up north. Well, im in the place, checking out the wine, and this younger stock guy looks at me Incredulously, wearing my Sox Jacket, as if I were satan himself, daring to differ in the eyes of the evil media "Are you a Sox Fan?"
"Hell Yes" I responded. "Hell Yes im a Sox Fan"

Hangar18
03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Nick's Uptown
4015 N. Sheridan

It's at Irving and where Sheffield turns into Sheridan. Coming from the south, go straight up Sheffield, cross Irving and we're on the right hand side. :gulp:

That Reminds me Realist, Ive been meaning to look you up.
lets see if your wearing something SOX when I come in, heh heh.
You'll never know when I walk in and drink a beer if its me or not

ewokpelts
03-02-2004, 05:00 PM

how bout pabst blue ribbon? ;}
Gene

SoxFan76
03-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
Pulaski was a Revolutionary War hero.....that's why. So tell me why we should all celebrate St. Patty's Day like it's our last day on Earth???????????

I was joking. That would be pretty ignorant to say I don't care about Pulaski day and then tell everyone they should celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Realist
03-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Gene

Well, we ain't ezactly givin' it away, but $2.50 a pint for PBR is pretty cheap in them there parts. :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
03-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Well, we ain't ezactly givin' it away, but $2.50 a pint for PBR is pretty cheap in them there parts. :gulp:

Realist, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that ewokpelts wanted to get your tickets for PBR instead of Jameson's!!!

SMO
:D:
:gulp:

SSN721
03-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Realist, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that ewokpelts wanted to get your tickets for PBR instead of Jameson's!!!

SMO
:D:
:gulp:

I got dibs, I'm willing to shell out for the jamesons, might even have some myself. :D: Do you have Glenfiddich or Glenlevits there?

Realist
03-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I got dibs, I'm willing to shell out for the jamesons, might even have some myself. :D: Do you have Glenfiddich or Glenlevits there?

Yep. Got that stuff too. For a neighborhood bar, we've got a pretty decent scotch selection.

rcescato
03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Talk about wearing Sox stuff. I always wear my jacket. Its dirty and old I will have to buy a new one some day. I go to Ballys in Tinley Park everyday with my Sox workout bag. And wear many of the 30-50 t-shirts and other such items. So its well represented here on the Southwest side of the city. Also the club is loaded with Sox fans and we talk everyday about our team and laugh at the few flub fans there.
Rich

SSN721
03-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Yep. Got that stuff too. For a neighborhood bar, we've got a pretty decent scotch selection.

Nice, definitely have to check out that place soon, as long as I got my scotch its all good. :D:

Realist
03-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Nice, definitely have to check out that place soon, as long as I got my scotch its all good. :D:

Sweet! Hope to see you soon. By the way, when I see you I'm gonna give you crap for being a pessimist. I'm predicting 96 wins and I NEVER predict the amount of games the Sox will win in a season.

I've got a strange feeling about this season. I don't know weather to start saving up for playoff tickets or a take a Tums.

SSN721
03-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Sweet! Hope to see you soon. By the way, when I see you I'm gonna give you crap for being a pessimist. I'm predicting 96 wins and I NEVER predict the amount of games the Sox will win in a season.

I've got a strange feeling about this season. I don't know weather to start saving up for playoff tickets or a take a Tums.

Pessimist?!! Geez, if I am a pessimist what do you call Lip? :D: I think that the Sox will win the division and I think I have shown in posts on other threads I think this team shows a lot of potential. I have a strange feeling about this season too. Just seems something is different. I dont know about the 96 wins, I would be happy with 90, so I guess that makes me a pessimist. :smile:

koch44
03-20-2004, 06:43 PM
I've got a sox beach towel attached to my window, so everyone outside the dorms can see it. :)

whitesoxwilkes
03-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Went up to a bar smack dab in the middle of Gigglyville todday to watch some hoops. About 2 hours into the afternoon, as we were surrounded by folks in blue Cubbie jammies, me and my buddy Joe headed over to an establishment that sells mostly Flub merchandise and bought us some sweet '59 Sox hats which we wore proudly for the rest of the afternoon.

Mohoney
03-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Gene

You can put it on the board!