PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Levine Officially a Dusty Butt-Kisser

Hangar18
02-29-2004, 11:55 PM
I lost a tremendous amount of respect for Bruce Levine this morning on his baseball show. He had Flim-Flam Baker on this morning and Proceeded to do nothing but compliment him on his intelligence and being able to "teach a lot of us writers a thing or two about history". He was giddy in crediting Dusty for taking a stand on the "heat and race" issue, and said many writers had to "hit the books" to understand what "McCarthyism" was.
He kissed Dustys ass some more and called Dusty intelligent (instead of calling him a Flim-Flam man to his face) for alluding to the fact that McCarthyism is what could be happening in baseball.
They had a friendly chuckle, and Flim-Flam Baker was able to AGAIN, Completely Dodge the issue of his callousness regarding what he knew. and he knew something. Only chicago media would let this Jiver off the hook

WinningUgly!
02-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I lost a tremendous amount of respect for Bruce Levine this morning on his baseball show. He had Flim-Flam Baker on this morning and Proceeded to do nothing but compliment him on his intelligence and being able to "teach a lot of us writers a thing or two about history". He was giddy in crediting Dusty for taking a stand on the "heat and race" issue, and said many writers had to "hit the books" to understand what "McCarthyism" was.
He kissed Dustys ass some more and called Dusty intelligent (instead of calling him a Flim-Flam man to his face) for alluding to the fact that McCarthyism is what could be happening in baseball.
They had a friendly chuckle, and Flim-Flam Baker was able to AGAIN, Completely Dodge the issue of his callousness regarding what he knew. and he knew something. Only chicago media would let this Jiver off the hook

I'm glad I missed it.

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Bruce Levine was a guy whos opinion I respected, and
liked to hear what his take on things was. The cubs
win a little bit, steal some players from under-priviledged
teams (Pirates, Marlins, Reds) and this Guy, the Tdday Show, Katie Bimbo Couric and the rest of the Chicago/National Media
Mysteriously Lose their Journalistic Integrity. Hey Levine....
you dropped something back there......YOUR INTEGRITY,
you sell-out :angry:

DrCrawdad
03-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Bruce Levine has written for Cubbie fanzine VineLine so I've given him the moniker Bruce LeVineLine. Bruce is a Cubbie fan who has little or no ability to think critically about the Cubbies. Bruce and the Sun-Times Mike Kiley have their noses buried so far between the cheeks of all things Cubbie that they can give them a colonoscopy.

That said, if you ever can track it down the Bruce LeVineLine interview of Ed Lynch interview is a classic.

"Without you I don't have a job..." - Ed Lynch

ChiSox14305635
03-01-2004, 12:59 AM
It can't be a Cubbie list without adding Mariotti to it. He praises Sammy and the "Filthy Five" relentlessly.

SSN721
03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Bruce Levine was a guy whos opinion I respected, and
liked to hear what his take on things was. The cubs
win a little bit, steal some players from under-priviledged
teams (Pirates, Marlins, Reds) and this Guy, the Tdday Show, Katie Bimbo Couric and the rest of the Chicago/National Media
Mysteriously Lose their Journalistic Integrity. Hey Levine....
you dropped something back there......YOUR INTEGRITY,
you sell-out :angry:

Agree with everything you said so far Hangar. Only think I don't is the fact that you (and a lot of other posters here) criticize the Cubs for stealing players from underprivileged teams. I for one would not feel guilty if the Sox could pick up some good players from a fire-sale from a bad time. Its the way business is done and I don't have a problem with it. I would be ecstatic if we could yank Prince Fielder or JJ hardy from Milwaukee, great prospects like that from other bad/low budget teams. Especially if they are in our own division. Nothing wrong with making your rivals weaker if they are dumb enough to give their good players to their opponents. Just my thoughts thats all. Otherwise everything you said I think is dead on, I am sick of Dusty getting a free pass from the media when he can say all these things that are obviously racist and bigoted. Makes me sick and makes me wonder how a manager of the Sox would be treated if he talked like that. Although who knows, Ozzie may turn out to be as outspoken as Dusty once the season starts.

poorme
03-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Levine is an idiot. I listened to that show yesterday and cringed about every 20 seconds as he said something stupid. Like Jeter is a "great defensive shortstop."

Then you have Rooney, who everyone here loves and I can't understand why, saying small market teams like the Reds, Pirates, and White Sox just can't spend money like the Yankees and Red Sox.

steff
03-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Bruce has been a Cub fan for... ever. And never kept it, or attempted to keep it, a secret.

SEALgep
03-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
It can't be a Cubbie list without adding Mariotti to it. He praises Sammy and the "Filthy Five" relentlessly. He certainly does. However, he at least called out Dusty with that "McCarthyism" bit. He thought it was pretty lame, but at the same time thought it was a good move to take the pressure off of Sammy- you had to see that coming. :smile:

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by steff
Bruce has been a Cub fan for... ever. And never kept it, or attempted to keep it, a secret.

I had no idea he was a cub fan. Of Course, in times of "adversity", Now it shows. This will be the only good thing in watching the further Deterioration of the White Sox, is at least seeing whose coming out of the cubbie closet. What a
sell-out LeVineLine is

Dick Allen
03-01-2004, 10:54 AM
All you need to do is listen to his voice. If he doesn't sound like a typical dweeb Cub fan, then ......

wdelaney72
03-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Levine last a lot of credibility with me when he CONTINUOUSLY made statements that he was a Jerry Manual fan.

He's a kiss-ss.

steff
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I had no idea he was a cub fan. Of Course, in times of "adversity", Now it shows. This will be the only good thing in watching the further Deterioration of the White Sox, is at least seeing whose coming out of the cubbie closet. What a
sell-out LeVineLine is

How is he a sell out? He's never claimed to be a Sox fan, and always favored the Cubs.

He's a reporter. He reports. He also has an opinion. He's entitled.

steff
03-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
Levine last a lot of credibility with me when he CONTINUOUSLY made statements that he was a Jerry Manual fan.

He's a kiss-ss.

Hu...? I'm a Sox fan but I think Prior is a good pitcher.. what does that make me?

Brian26
03-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here, I know Dave Wills and AM 1000 for the past couple of years (before last year) touted Bruce as "The White Sox Insider" Bruce Levine. So, I can see how some people might be questioning our White Sox Insider's loyalty when he's a devout Cubs fan.

steff
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Just to play devil's advocate here, I know Dave Wills and AM 1000 for the past couple of years (before last year) touted Bruce as "The White Sox Insider" Bruce Levine. So, I can see how some people might be questioning our White Sox Insider's loyalty when he's a devout Cubs fan.

He's the only reporter allowed in the clubhouse whenever he wants. He's usually the first reporter the team talks to when they want something leaked/reported. That's an "insider".. no? :?:

Brian26
03-01-2004, 01:22 PM
He's the only reporter allowed in the clubhouse whenever he wants. He's usually the first reporter the team talks to when they want something leaked/reported. That's an "insider".. no? :?:

Of course. No debate there. I'm just saying I think people have the misconception that he must be a diehard Sox fan if the White Sox flagship station refers to him that way. I have to admit, though, didn't they call him "baseball insider" Bruce Levine last year instead of "White Sox insider"? So I guess they've even changed it on the air.

steff
03-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Of course. No debate there. I'm just saying I think people have the misconception that he must be a diehard Sox fan if the White Sox flagship station refers to him that way. I have to admit, though, didn't they call him "baseball insider" Bruce Levine last year instead of "White Sox insider"? So I guess they've even changed it on the air.

Ahhh.. gotcha.

And to be honest, I never noticed the intro change, but maybe it was a deliberate change.

thepaulbowski
03-01-2004, 01:26 PM

Just because he's a Cubs fan doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about he Sox. He's in the Sox clubhouse and talks to the players and other sources, this makes him "White Sox Insider" in my opinion. He's know more about the clubhouse than we do. I don't think Dave Wills would bring him on the air if he didn't feel like Levine knew what he was talking about.

Brian26
03-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Just because he's a Cubs fan doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about he Sox. He's in the Sox clubhouse and talks to the players and other sources, this makes him "White Sox Insider" in my opinion. He's know more about the clubhouse than we do. I don't think Dave Wills would bring him on the air if he didn't feel like Levine knew what he was talking about.

Well, I don't think Wills is the program director, so it's not his choice :D: Bruce is an employee of the station. He's been with them awhile...I remember him hanging out with Wills and Kris Cross in the bullpen bar as far back as '96.

Brian26
03-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Ahhh.. gotcha.

And to be honest, I never noticed the intro change, but maybe it was a deliberate change.

You just became a Church Elder, young lady.

steff
03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
You just became a Church Elder, young lady.

Holy chit!!! :o: