PDA

View Full Version : Takatsu (small) News

CWSGuy406
02-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Listening to the Score 670, Scott Gregor(sp?), the writer from the Daily Herald, has said that it's basically "set in stone" that Shingo won't face any AL teams in Spring Training.

I guess it's not that big of a deal, they have plenty of games against teams in the NL that he'll pitch in and show his stuff. I guess its ok if they don't want AL teams to see his pitches, but hopefully the good movement that people have been talking about can really help us out in 2004.

Thoughts?

SEALgep
02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
I think he will help. He has the great movement but has said to be hitting his spots as well, which is just as important. Guys can watch film on him to help prepare an approach, but it certainly isn't the same as having a previous at bat. Good move by Guillen. :smile:

SSN721
03-01-2004, 06:11 AM
I dont have as much of a problem with it, considering his strongest advantage will probably be AL hitters unfamiliar with his delivery and style of pitching. So I guess it makes sense, but would still kinda feel comfortable if he was able to face some AL hitting, maybe just teams out of the division so it would still be hard for them to get a read on Shingo.

OneDog
03-01-2004, 06:40 AM
People have been saying good things about Takatsu's movement and control which is great news. They have been knocking his velocity, but if he continues to hit his spots and move the ball, he should be fine.