PDA

View Full Version : Crede is healthy

hose
02-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Listening to talking baseball today, John Rooney mentioned that Crede has put on 15-25 pounds from last year and is excellent shape. Crede was sick coming out of spring training with a virus last year and lost a lot of weight. Arizona has a local virus ,I think it's called the Valley Virus or something, not 100% on the name.

Steve Stone got a dose of the virus a couple of years ago and he had a hard time recuperating. It took Crede some time but he was able to fight off the virus and put up some good numbers late in the season.

Crede could have a great season with the bat and glove now that he is healthy.

Rowand was another guy that wasn't healthy at the start of the year, he was still ailing from his accident. Aaron is in top shape according to Rooney and Levine.

mike squires
02-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Excellent news! That 20 pounds is solid muscle, right...

hose
02-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Excellent news! That 20 pounds is solid muscle, right...

Solid as a rock.

ChiSox14305635
02-29-2004, 06:02 PM
As J Hood would say: SOLID!

I for one, aren't ticked about the extra weight. That could mean an extra 5-7 homers. He could be a realistic 30/100 player. If he can get that average between .290-.300, good lord.

Realist
02-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by hose
Solid as a rock.

50 homers, comin' up!! 20 lbs of solid muscle in 1 year? He better have his pregnant sister pee in a cup for the wizz quiz. :cool:

doublem23
02-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Realist
50 homers, comin' up!! 20 lbs of solid muscle in 1 year? He better have his pregnant sister pee in a cup for the wizz quiz. :cool:

I thought the exact same thing...

:shammy
I know a guy that could help Joe out.

beckett21
02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, it's about TIME we have a juiced up superhero to call our own. Get with the times, people!

:)

TaylorStSox
02-29-2004, 08:14 PM
For what it's worth, it was obvious that he lost a ton of weight as the season progressed. Farmer brought it up several times. Gaining that weight back doesn't say "steroids" to me. It's a sign of good health.

duke of dorwood
02-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Solid? This was one of the few positions not discussed this Winter.

THAT is solid.

DrCrawdad
02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Realist

Wizz quiz? That's a great one!

SEALgep
02-29-2004, 10:58 PM
That's very good. However, I don't agree that it is a sign of juicing because if he lost a lot of weight last year from a sickness, then you figure at least a significant portion of that weight is his normal weight. Regardless though, if he is at a good weight and is solid- you can't ask for anything more than that. I saw him on ST for WGN tonight and he did look very solid. :smile:

SoxFan76
02-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Wizz Quiz. I love it. That one's going in the memory bank.

RedPinStripes
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
If his helmet size went up 4 sizes , we'll know what he did. :D:

SoxxoS
03-01-2004, 12:16 AM
It's almost impossible (With out taking "Sammy Juice") to gain 20 pounds of NEW muscle in the offseason. If you can gain 10 pounds of solid muscle in a YEAR, you are doing something right. 20 pounds in less than 6 months is improbable.

As stated above, it's probably the weight he gained back from the sickness, and probably a little creatine water weight, and probably 5-7 pounds of "new" muscle. That would be my guess.

OneDog
03-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
It's almost impossible (With out taking "Sammy Juice") to gain 20 pounds of NEW muscle in the offseason. If you can gain 10 pounds of solid muscle in a YEAR, you are doing something right. 20 pounds in less than 6 months is improbable.

As stated above, it's probably the weight he gained back from the sickness, and probably a little creatine water weight, and probably 5-7 pounds of "new" muscle. That would be my guess.

Don't forget, as a person puts on more muscle, their body usually adds a little extra fat to insulate, cushion, and supply the new muscle with energy stores. That doesn't mean Crede is a lardass now, but it is only natural to put on a little bit of fat with muscle.

SoxxoS
03-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by OneDog
Don't forget, as a person puts on more muscle, their body usually adds a little extra fat to insulate, cushion, and supply the new muscle with energy stores. That doesn't mean Crede is a lardass now, but it is only natural to put on a little bit of fat with muscle.

Not true. The adding muscle has nothing to do with fat storage. Fat storage MAY increase b/c a person is eating more than their daily value while weight lifting, but muscle and fat have nothing to do with each other.

That explains why as you add more muscle, you get more ripped, b/c muscle burns more calories than fat.

WSox8404
03-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Well with Aaron and Joe healthy, I am expecting big things out of them this year. Crede looked real promising last year and so did Aaron towards the end of the eyar. Now that both are healthy I think we will be better than everyone thinks we will be.

SouthSideHitman
03-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I was expecting good things from Joe even before I heard this. He put up real good numbers in the second half of last year, which tells me that he was learning to adjust to the adjustments that pitchers make on him. Now that he's apparently healthy and a little more studly, I guess I can look forward to more HR as well as a better average. I'd better hope so too, because he's starting on my fantasy team.