PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trade for 2 Bagger

E Coast Sox Fan
02-29-2004, 05:25 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15369-2004Feb28.html

I'm still not sure Harris isn't the answer, but considering the O's may be looking to deal, I thought I would post this link.

Apparantely, The O's think they have two quality starters, but only have room on their roster for one. Here's a quote that I thought would make this deal attractive... "The fact that Roberts, who will make less than $400,000 this season, is cheaper and further from free agency than Hairston (who makes $1.65 million) might make him more desirable to budget-conscious teams."

What I like about Hairston is that if I'm not mistaken his Dad was a solid player for the Sox several years ago.

hose
02-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I don't see the Sox making this trade , second base is Harris's to lose.

The Sox do need to add depth to the squad though.

SSN721
03-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by hose
I don't see the Sox making this trade , second base is Harris's to lose.

The Sox do need to add depth to the squad though.

I agree on both counts. I dont see this team trading Willie Harris before the season even starts and they see how he will play. But I certainly do wish they would get another starter.

DrCrawdad
03-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Watch Jerry Hairston Jr. go to the Yankees.

Jerry Jr. is a fantastic glove at 2nd. It would be funny if the Sox got Jerry Jr. considering that Jerry Jr. is one of the players who blocked the advance of Wee Willie Harris at Baltimore.

I think that Wee Willie is going to do well at 2nd this year for the Sox and will surprise many of the skeptics. Jerry Jr. is a top quality defensive 2nd baseman, but off the top of my head I don't think he's that great of a hitter, although Jerry Jr. hits the Sox pitchers very well.

The Hairston the Sox should trade for is Scott, who's in the D'Backs system. Name dropping time...According to what Essie Hairston, Jerry Sr.'s wife, told me the Sox had their eyes on Scott but he was snagged by the D-Backs.

poorme
03-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Jerry Sr. would be our best pinch hitter right now.

T-Bag
03-01-2004, 11:20 AM
What is the proposed trade for those of us that aren't registered?

Gracious.