PDA

View Full Version : Cards rough up JB...

czalgosz
09-08-2001, 03:57 PM
4 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 2 BB, 2 K...

I'm starting to think we didn't get robbed by the Dodgers after all...

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 04:05 PM
I still say we were, we didnt get much for JB, even though I was glad to see him go.

czalgosz
09-08-2001, 04:17 PM
I disagree that we got robbed - even with the Barry/Berry mix-up, Masaoka and Majewski are pretty decent players to get for a half-season of James Baldwin.

Remember that we gave up essentially a dozen baseballs and Brook Fordyce (who really sucks this year, btw) for Harold and a half-season of Charles Johnson, who is a higher-quality player than James Baldwin is.

Baldwin will get a nice deal from the Mets or something, but that's more of a reflection on how little veteran pitching there is out there...

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
I disagree that we got robbed - even with the Barry/Berry mix-up, Masaoka and Majewski are pretty decent players to get for a half-season of James Baldwin.

Remember that we gave up essentially a dozen baseballs and Brook Fordyce (who really sucks this year, btw) for Harold and a half-season of Charles Johnson, who is a higher-quality player than James Baldwin is.

I didn't think Baldwin was worth too much. I was more pissed that KW obviously screwed up the negotiations. He's incompetent, and I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a long, long time.

I'm almost nostalgic for the Schueler Years. Almost.

"I screwed things up for most of ten seasons."
:schueler

LongDistanceFan
09-08-2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I didn't think Baldwin was worth too much. I was more pissed that KW obviously screwed up the negotiations. He's incompetent, and I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a long, long time.

I'm almost nostalgic for the Schueler Years. Almost.

"I screwed things up for most of ten seasons."
:schueler

Ref jb losing, now what a crying shame, :)

We did get rob, but its still a better deal than most can agree. Berry would have been cake.