PDA

View Full Version : Did the Cups REALLY sell a half millon tix today......

Medford Bobby
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
watching FOX 32 on the bird and it showed fans with wrist bands buying up tix...and was their really a half millon tix sold today???......why...or how this possible???.......and when do the wristbands go on sale at The Sell????????????? C'mon Sox fans...create a stampede for tix....Tampa should a nice club worth seeing this year.......... :angry:

TornLabrum
02-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Well, counting the 250,000 tickets they sold to their company owned ticket scalping operation, they probably did sell that many tickets.

Medford Bobby
02-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Boy and you know some of that's true.........Just where is the Sox side scalping service.......

:reinsy "All my kid's tickets go right back on the street if they don't use them........"

SoxFan76
02-28-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm retarded. Someone explain this ticket scalping thing. I must of been living under a rock at the time.

Medford Bobby
02-28-2004, 11:39 PM
My guess is they ARE ABLE to sell unused corporate tix if they know that these will not be used......It's also possible that season tix people can resell their tix again thru the Cups...but I could be wrong...also I guess you re-sell your unused tix thru a legit scalper too...so that's why the Cups have a hand in this too............................................... ... :?:

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-28-2004, 11:43 PM
The Cubs don't actually sell some tickets for prime games(such as the White Sox series) and keep them for some "service"and jack up the price to a premium. As for the half million number, I wouldn't doubt it. The Cubs have already sold out over 60 of their home games in 2 days.

TornLabrum
02-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
The Cubs don't actually sell some tickets for prime games(such as the White Sox series) and keep them for some "service"and jack up the price to a premium. As for the half million number, I wouldn't doubt it. The Cubs have already sold out over 60 of their home games in 2 days.

"Sold out" includes games for which tickets have been held back for "Tribune Co. Scalpers, Inc."

WSox8404
02-29-2004, 11:13 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, yeah they probably did sell that many. Thats okay though. Hopefully all of those fans will be dissapointed when the team starts sucking.

Medford Bobby
02-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Are you kidding? That's when the fun at Wiggly kicks in........once the team is unwatchable..it's time to soak :gulp: up the beers and chase :cool: the barely dressed babes around the ballpark..........why would you want to not use your tickets?????

kittle545feet
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
boy oh boy! i can see how this year is shaping up already. if the cubs have already sold out 60 home games, it should be brutal for us sox fans. we need to stay the course and hope for a little bad luck for the flubbies. if we can make it through this year without the flubs going to the playoffs, i see another 30 years of sub-par ball on the north side. they'll say we took our shot at winning it all and it didn't work. so why pay for all the talent when we will draw crowds no matter what team we put on the field. how's that for wishful thinking? :baylor

ewokpelts
02-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
My guess is they ARE ABLE to sell unused corporate tix if they know that these will not be used......It's also possible that season tix people can resell their tix again thru the Cups...but I could be wrong...also I guess you re-sell your unused tix thru a legit scalper too...so that's why the Cups have a hand in this too............................................... ... :?:

they sell them as "groups" to wrigley field premium...and then wrigley field premium sells them to fans...but the tickets never leave teh tickets.com printing system until the ticket is scalped....
Gene

ewokpelts
02-29-2004, 12:03 PM
watching FOX 32 on the bird and it showed fans with wrist bands buying up tix...and was their really a half millon tix sold today???......why...or how this possible???.......and when do the wristbands go on sale at The Sell????????????? C'mon Sox fans...create a stampede for tix....Tampa should a nice club worth seeing this year.......... :angry:

well.....imagaine how many they coulsdhave sold if they used ticketmaster....ticket.com sucks
Gene

cups?

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm guessing a lot of the tickets were bought by ticket scalpers. Imagine if the cubs suck this year, there'll be a lot of empty seats at wrigley. There are about 1500 listing of cub tickets on ebay and they're going for a lot of $$$.

jabrch
02-29-2004, 12:25 PM
They already sold out over 30 games. Imagine how mad JR would be if we did that? He might have to pay rent.

jabrch
02-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I'm guessing a lot of the tickets were bought by ticket scalpers. Imagine if the cubs suck this year, there'll be a lot of empty seats at wrigley. There are about 1500 listing of cub tickets on ebay and they're going for a lot of $$$.

A lot were bought by fans. I'll give them credit - there is geniune emotion going on on the North side. They have a legitimate chance of being in the World Series this year. In fact - the are the Vegas favorite to make it from the NL. When was the last time a Chicago team opened up the season as the favorite to win it all besides the Bulls? Maybe the Hawks back in the day?

DSpivack
02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
A lot were bought by fans. I'll give them credit - there is geniune emotion going on on the North side. They have a legitimate chance of being in the World Series this year. In fact - the are the Vegas favorite to make it from the NL. When was the last time a Chicago team opened up the season as the favorite to win it all besides the Bulls? Maybe the Hawks back in the day?

True, the Cubs might be the Vegas favorites, but should they be? I mean, of course they were five outs from the the World Series, but they were also one game from missing the playoffs. The Astros added Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens, I'd say that's big; bigger than the additions of Derrek Lee, LaTroy Hawkins, Greg Maddux. Not that this Cub team may not win a lot of games. This could be a scary year for Sox fans. We'll see.

SoxFan76
02-29-2004, 01:30 PM
No way should they be the Vegas favorite. The Marlins freakin won the thing last year, and the Astros are a much better team than the Cubs.

jabrch
02-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
True, the Cubs might be the Vegas favorites, but should they be? I mean, of course they were five outs from the the World Series, but they were also one game from missing the playoffs. The Astros added Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens, I'd say that's big; bigger than the additions of Derrek Lee, LaTroy Hawkins, Greg Maddux. Not that this Cub team may not win a lot of games. This could be a scary year for Sox fans. We'll see.

Yes the Astros added Pettite and Clemens - but they did lose Wagner also - and have an aging core of players (Biggio and Bagwell). Also Pettite and Clemens will have an adjustment from Yankee Stadium to Minute Maid - who knows how effective they will be. In any case, I do think the Cubs should be the favorite to win the NL. They have a fairly complete team, a deep bench and a very good young pitching staff. I am truly envious of their team for this year - and for years to come. They have lots of good pitching in their minor league system coming up in the future.

Lip Man 1
02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
The Phillies, Cubs and Astros seem to be the class of the league. The Marlins? 3rd place in their division, they lost a ton !

(But remember their owner SWORE they were going to keep that team together at the victory parade...LOL)

Lip

doublem23
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Are the Sox using tickets.com again? God dammit.

Palehose13
02-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Just remember guys, attendance doesn't win games. If it did, they cubs would have had back-to-back winning seasons by now!

The Critic
02-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
When was the last time a Chicago team opened up the season as the favorite to win it all besides the Bulls? Maybe the Hawks back in the day?

I'm guessing the Bears after the Super Bowl win, maybe?
And we saw how THAT worked out...

The Critic
02-29-2004, 07:23 PM
By the way, "Cups" is the worst Cub-slamming nickname ever.
Flubs, Scrubs, Chubs....all better than Cups.

The Critic
02-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Are you kidding? That's when the fun at Wiggly kicks in........once the team is unwatchable..it's time to soak :gulp: up the beers and chase :cool: the barely dressed babes around the ballpark..........why would you want to not use your tickets?????

I know what you're going for here, but I have a hard time agreeing with the theory that drinking and chasing skirt is a BAD thing.

Barely dressed babes = a good time, ESPECIALLY when the team on the field is unwatchable. Imagine a bad baseball team with NO barely dressed babes around to distract you. THAT would be a long day at the park.

crector
02-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Phillies, Cubs and Astros seem to be the class of the league. The Marlins? 3rd place in their division, they lost a ton !

(But remember their owner SWORE they were going to keep that team together at the victory parade...LOL)

Lip

Not true.

The only players, outside of the greedy pig I-Rod, that the Marlins "lost" were basically fringe players such as Todd Hollandsworthless who's now with the Cubs. The core of the World Champion Marlins is still very much intact.

ewokpelts
02-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Are the Sox using tickets.com again? God dammit.

the sox have been back with ticketbastard since 03
Gene

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by crector
Not true.

The only players, outside of the greedy pig I-Rod, that the Marlins "lost" were basically fringe players such as Todd Hollandsworthless who's now with the Cubs. The core of the World Champion Marlins is still very much intact.
Don't forget about Lee. The Cubs traded for the guy who pretty much started the beginning of the end of their playoff run last year.

Lip Man 1
02-29-2004, 08:37 PM
and Encarnation's 94 RBI's AND Redmond's 14 wins...

Yea those are EASILY replaced!

Lip

ChiSox14305635
02-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by The Critic
By the way, "Cups" is the worst Cub-slamming nickname ever.
Flubs, Scrubs, Chubs....all better than Cups.

I don't know. I kinda like it. It resembles all the empty beer containers those boobs swallow over there. After all, they're really not watching the game.

Medford Bobby
02-29-2004, 08:51 PM
My point being that if the Sox sucked on the field...i.e. unwatchable....it does not suddenly become a mecca for heavy beer drinking and women half naked on hot afternoons...(not that I noticed).....I WISH the Sox were a place to hang for bad baseball......actually Old Comiskey had that party atmosphere during crap years....and I can't really say what the new yard is like when Sox are unwatchable...do people still show up to party and have a good time when the Sox are not winning...it seems after that collapse last September...I'don't know if I'd show up to watch meaningless games...especially when you know they should have won the division............. :angry:

TornLabrum
02-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I don't know. I kinda like it. It resembles all the empty beer containers those boobs swallow over there. After all, they're really not watching the game.

Gee, I was thinking of something a catcher wears for protection.