02-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Guess who's winning this one:

Who will hit more homers this year?

78.2%
Sammy Sosa (1976 responses)

21.8%
Frank Thomas (552 responses)

2528 total responses

Let's see: Smaller ballpark, performance enhancing drugs, illegal equipment, your employer initiating this poll. Yeah, Frank's odds of winning this poll were really great.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-28-2004, 08:12 PM
That poll was sort of sillly to begin with but then again Thomas had a huge power tear last year down the stretch. Maybe he'll be able to do it all season long this year. :)

WSox8404
02-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Of course Sosa was going to win that poll. But I really do think Frank stands a shot this year at beating Sosa. I really hope he does.

Soxboyrob
02-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I heard that in Vegas, Frank is getting 40-1 odds against leading the MLB in HRs. I think that's a pretty nice bet. If he has a "good Frank" season, he's likely to get at least 40, not to mention that there will be several bigger boomers no longer on the juice. Might be worth a $25 bet.

doublem23
02-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I heard that in Vegas, Frank is getting 40-1 odds against leading the MLB in HRs. I think that's a pretty nice bet. If he has a "good Frank" season, he's likely to get at least 40, not to mention that there will be several bigger boomers no longer on the juice. Might be worth a $25 bet.

Barring injury, I'd bet on a Yankee. That lineup is stacked.

beckett21
02-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Barring injury, I'd bet on a Yankee. That lineup is stacked.

That's going out on a limb! :D:

Seriously, though, I agree with you. I doubt it will be Frank, although 40-1 odds seem long to me. My guess would be Sheff, ARod or Carlos Delgado, possibly ManRam. Yeah, I'm really going out on a limb too! :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't think A-rod will have the most HRs this year mainly because he doesn't have to hit a ton of HRs in that Yankees line up. I think Soriano could be a darkhorse in that launching pad in Arlington if he can have a 2002 like season again.

SoxFan76
02-29-2004, 01:19 AM
You can never take Trib polls seriously, but in this case I see no problem in picking Sosa for more home runs. The average fan knows Sosa has hit a lot of home runs these last 6 years. But what the average fan doesn't know is that if Sosa gets busted for steriods, Frank will easily beat him out. Even with the juice, Frank can beat Sosa in the HR total this year. Even if he doesn't, Frank makes up for it in his ability to get on base, and he strikes out a lot less than Sammy.

stillz
02-29-2004, 01:31 AM
If Lee and Ordonez have solid numbers this season, I think Frank is poised to hit 50+ for the first time in his career, easily outpacing Shammy. Ozzie's gonna give him the chance to get some big RBIs, and I still believe the Big Hurt of 2004 is capable of putting up MVP numbers. He got in some serious grooves last season - it was ridiculous when he was using the alluminum bat in BP! Here's hoping he hit with one all winter.

I bet Shammy doesn't outpace him.

It's significant that the Tribune Company was responsible for
The Bozo Show.

kermittheefrog
02-29-2004, 02:33 AM
You guys all realize Frank had more homers this year right?

ChiSox14305635
02-29-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
You guys all realize Frank had more homers this year right?

Yeah, but every Cub dolt would counter by saying that Sosa missed 25 games due to the injury and suspension for cheating and with those games in place would've passed Frank. That's not for certain whether he could've, but those dolts would play the assuming game.