PDA

View Full Version : Having some fun!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 03:46 PM
Well, I think the thing that upset most people was the sarcasm directed at other posters, the sarcasm directed towards Royce (which I found funny.)

I think this sums up nicely the opinion of most of us. The whole Royce vs. Valentin debate obviously touches a raw nerve in many of us. It has gotten to the point where even joking about it on the board offends people. For my part, I intend to remove myself from the discussion. My actions are too easily misunderstood.

OTOH, the website remains a "totally biased" website for Sox Fans. We'll continue to have fun with whatever topics Sox Fans enjoy reading about. Back in '99 we had a feature called the Frank-O-Meter that had either a smiling or frowning Frank Thomas depending on his mood after each game. Everyone seems to enjoy the humor in our recent Clayton schtick as long as it isn't directed at individual opinions. We'll take our cue from that and proceed accordingly.

Meanwhile, keep laughing Sox Fans. Though there is plenty to cry about this season, some humor makes the sting of it all a bit easier to take.

Go Go Sox--God help us all!

-PHG

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 04:20 PM
Well said PHG, sorry about our little spat, hope we can continue to live in peace :)

LongDistanceFan
09-08-2001, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I think this sums up nicely the opinion of most of us. The whole Royce vs. Valentin debate obviously touches a raw nerve in many of us. It has gotten to the point where even joking about it on the board offends people. For my part, I intend to remove myself from the discussion. My actions are too easily misunderstood.

OTOH, the website remains a "totally biased" website for Sox Fans. We'll continue to have fun with whatever topics Sox Fans enjoy reading about. Back in '99 we had a feature called the Frank-O-Meter that had either a smiling or frowning Frank Thomas depending on his mood after each game. Everyone seems to enjoy the humor in our recent Clayton schtick as long as it isn't directed at individual opinions. We'll take our cue from that and proceed accordingly.

Meanwhile, keep laughing Sox Fans. Though there is plenty to cry about this season, some humor makes the sting of it all a bit easier to take.

Go Go Sox--God help us all!

-PHG

What i enjoy the most of all the conversation was doubleman(sp) artwork. :hmessica

and the other one w/him before the window.

doublem23
09-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
What i enjoy the most of all the conversation was doubleman(sp) artwork.

I do what I can.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I do what I can.

Same for me...notice the new sig.

LongDistanceFan
09-08-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I do what I can. do you have the one where rc was in front of the window of the church or something........ it was sooo funny.

dimaisback
09-08-2001, 11:20 PM
If Eldred is a gladiator, then Clayton should be the "Chicago's Desperado" or something like that.

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
do you have the one where rc was in front of the window of the church or something........ it was sooo funny.

Jesus Royce?

It's the last reply on this screen. (http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2959&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)