PDA

View Full Version : Friday February 27 Quote Of The Day

Lip Man 1
02-27-2004, 01:40 PM
"Team-wise, we should have won that division. I felt we had probably the best team there. For some reason, guys weren't playing up to their potential. Inside the clubhouse there were definitely problems. I definitely think chemistry has a lot to do with what's going on with a team." -- Tony Graffinino to MLB.com

Hmmmmm I wonder whom Tony is referring to? Manager Gandhi? Thomas?? Koch??? All of the above????

Lip

WSox8404
02-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I hate this organization. Tony G. was one of the hardest working players on the team. If we only gave him a chance to be a starter, I bet you any money he would have way better numbers then Jose both defensively and offensively. Watch, Tony is going to put up great numbers in KC. Actually I hope he does just to show Kenny and JR just how stupid they are. Jose is being paid 5 million compared to Tony's 2. What a joke.

hillbilly
02-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
I hate this organization. Tony G. was one of the hardest working players on the team. If we only gave him a chance to be a starter, I bet you any money he would have way better numbers then Jose both defensively and offensively. Watch, Tony is going to put up great numbers in KC. Actually I hope he does just to show Kenny and JR just how stupid they are. Jose is being paid 5 million compared to Tony's 2. What a joke.

As much as i think hes a great guy and team player, I dont think hes gonna do squat as a starter. Plus Jose is a leader and a good one and Tony isn't. I wouldve done the same as KW in that instance and let him walk like he wanted too.

soxfan26
02-27-2004, 02:13 PM
It would help if KW would give us his definition of "grinder"
I thought Tony fit the bill.

Nothing new about the clubhouse problems. Maybe the hot water is taking too long to come on in the shower...

Randar68
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
It would help if KW would give us his definition of "grinder"
I thought Tony fit the bill.

Nothing new about the clubhouse problems. Maybe the hot water is taking too long to come on in the shower...

You don't pay utility-man grinders 2 million a year when you're cash-strapped.

DrCrawdad
02-27-2004, 02:21 PM
If the chemistry was bad last year, what did Graffanino do to improve the situation?

hillbilly
02-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
If the chemistry was bad last year, what did Graffanino do to improve the situation?

Not like he coulda done much sitting on the bench, but i agree with you, I dont see him doing anything but being quiet.

LASOXFAN
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I'd like to hear what Carl has to say - you know he's gonna have something to say about last year.

I was told by the loved one of someone who works in the Sox front office that it was widely known in the organization that Manuel had lost control of that team very early on last season but players held their tongues. It's not like Jerry was ever a jerk that you could lash out at.

My guess is JM is the guy Graf's referring to.