PDA

View Full Version : Flubbies fading fast!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-08-2001, 02:15 PM
The loveable losers are now 5.5 behind the Stros, and have lost their lead in the wild card race to the DODGERS of all people. Also they are now tied for second with Frisco and are only 1 game ahead of the Cards. The scrubs are about to be buried by a gaggle of real teams. The only surprise here is that it took this long to happen.

doublem23
09-08-2001, 02:28 PM
I have to tell you, watching these Cub fans is getting somewhat painful... Let me explain...

It's like watching a dog chase its tail. At first, it's REALLY damn funny. I mean, the dog (aka fans) thinking they'll get something that they can't (division championship, NL pennant, World Series, world domination - they skies the limit!), so you just have to laugh your ass off..

...but now that the dog's been chasing its tail for like 7 hours, you start to think that the dog may have brain damage or is just a COMPLETE moron... I dunno. Though it's still funny, you start to feel bad for the dog. Not that I ever want it to grab its tail, however.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-08-2001, 02:33 PM
The way Flubbie fans talk smack about us and the way they laud themselves and their team i find it impossible to have any sympathy for them.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
The loveable losers are now 5.5 behind the Stros, and have lost their lead in the wild card race to the DODGERS of all people. Also they are now tied for second with Frisco and are only 1 game ahead of the Cards. The scrubs are about to be buried by a gaggle of real teams. The only surprise here is that it took this long to happen.

Chicago sports talk has been like the final scene on-board the ship in the movie Titanic. Either they are in complete denial or they are running around like its the end of the world.

It's amusing, either way.

:)

delben91
09-08-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I have to tell you, watching these Cub fans is getting somewhat painful... Let me explain...

It's like watching a dog chase its tail. At first, it's REALLY damn funny. I mean, the dog (aka fans) thinking they'll get something that they can't (division championship, NL pennant, World Series, world domination - they skies the limit!), so you just have to laugh your ass off..

...but now that the dog's been chasing its tail for like 7 hours, you start to think that the dog may have brain damage or is just a COMPLETE moron... I dunno. Though it's still funny, you start to feel bad for the dog. Not that I ever want it to grab its tail, however.

Now THERE'S a good analogy.