PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tickets.com!

Foulke You
02-27-2004, 11:12 AM
WORST TICKETING SITE EVER!!! Anyone else enjoying the crappy "Virtual Waiting Room" trying to score Sox/Cubs @ Urinal tickets?

CubKilla
02-27-2004, 11:16 AM
No. I'm one of the lucky ones. If I decide to go to one of the games at The Urinal, my uncle works for a Co. that gets tix for free. Good seats too.

gosox3072
02-27-2004, 11:17 AM
yah im sitting here waiting, the flubs really need to go to ticketmaster, their systems is WAY better. They could at least give us a bit of an idea how long we have to wait

Streets
02-27-2004, 11:26 AM
I got up an extra half hour earlier just to buy frickin' tickets. It's 10:27am and I've been waiting in the 'virtual waiting room' for an hour now. This is completely rediculous!

All I want to do is see my Sox kill the Scubs. :angry:

kittle42
02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Got a wristband with three friends, but none of us were lucky enough to come within even 2000 of the number drawn this morning. I gave up on the waiting room. Looks like it's EBay again for me this year. I have never missed a Sox/Cubs game.

munchman33
02-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, it's like 11:00 now and still nothing. This is ridiculous.

billnahorodny
02-27-2004, 11:56 AM
I just got really lucky and got four upper deck seats for the Saturday game! That's what it gave me when I clicked best available. I'm sure they're behind a pole and facing the wrong direction but it'll be July 3 and warm and I'll be watching the Sox beat up on the Flubs!

munchman33
02-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by billnahorodny
I just got really lucky and got four upper deck seats for the Saturday game! That's what it gave me when I clicked best available. I'm sure they're behind a pole and facing the wrong direction but it'll be July 3 and warm and I'll be watching the Sox beat up on the Flubs!

It's good to know that there's still seats available. I'm trying to get the Sunday night ESPN game.

Foulke You
02-27-2004, 12:03 PM
About 20 minutes ago, lightning struck and I scored 4 tickets to the 4th of July game in the upper deck. I'm trying to get tix to one of the other 2 games but I don't think lightning strikes twice. This tickets.com is the most frustrating site around. I spent time yesterday creating an account with them so I wouldn't have to enter in my information if I was lucky enough to get to the purchase ticket s part and they didn't even have friggin option to select "Tickets.com Account" like Ticketmaster does when you are checking out.

Over By There
02-27-2004, 12:17 PM
A bunch of my co-workers have been yelling over the cubicle walls this morning about their experiences getting scrub tickets today. It's really annoying me.

Then again, my few fellow Sox fans and I have been having a laugh over their hysteria. :smile:

Viva Magglio
02-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I hate to say this, but I wonder if the Cubs will sell out all 81 home games today (like the Indians did in the late '90s).

Foulke You
02-27-2004, 12:25 PM
For those still "Virtually Waiting", I was able to get through again I believe in thanks to our new lightning quick internet connection here at work.

It looks like the Saturday July 3rd game is SOLD OUT. The July 2nd and 4th games still had Upper Deck available. Just thought I'd share that info.

daveeym
02-27-2004, 12:30 PM
No lightning struck twice. The waiting room doesn't give a time because you're not queing up in line, they randomly pick from the waiting room.

munchman33
02-27-2004, 12:32 PM
The 4th is now sold out.

Guess I'm praying for the 2nd.

ewokpelts
02-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
WORST TICKETING SITE EVER!!! Anyone else enjoying the crappy "Virtual Waiting Room" trying to score Sox/Cubs @ Urinal tickets?

yeah...who would have thought ticketmaster would be better than the competition?
Gene

SoxFan78
02-27-2004, 12:36 PM
I have been waiting for two hours now and nothing. Looks like it's either ebay or just watch from one of the bars in Wrigleyville. This ticket system is so messed up.

gosox3072
02-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Yep same here 78, i have a T1 and im still have been waiting since 9:30

Foulke You
02-27-2004, 12:56 PM
I feel for you guys. Last year, I was in your boat. I got zip. This year, it looks like my lucky day as I got the Friday and Sunday game. Keep trying guys. I need White Sox fan backup. The Friday game might not sell out as quickly being a weekday.

SoxFan78
02-27-2004, 12:59 PM
I dont think it really has that much to do with speed, but to do with luck. Im at work, and the internet is super quick here, and nothing. Im not to down though. Last year I had bleacher seats and I was in the second row. Me and my buddies had our cork necklaces on and raggin on Schammy. One way or another I will be there.

Iwritecode
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
I got a message while in the VWR that said all three cub/sox games are sold out...

rmusacch
02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
No. I'm one of the lucky ones. If I decide to go to one of the games at The Urinal, my uncle works for a Co. that gets tix for free. Good seats too.

And none of the people at his company are going to want to use Cubs-Sox tickets?

Iwritecode
02-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I got a message while in the VWR that said all three cub/sox games are sold out...

Oops, stratch that. Just Saturday's game so far.

munchman33
02-27-2004, 01:08 PM
I can't believe I've been waiting 2 and a half hours... :angry:

Ticketmaster was never this bad.

ewokpelts
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by munchman33

tickets.com and the cubs plan this.....sine there ar eno live outlets aside from teh urinal, and no automated outlets either...you're forced to get busy signals on teh phone, or "wait" online
Gene

santo=dorf
02-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I got in, but I was only offered a single seat on the 2nd. When I tried again for a single seat, it says tickets were no longer available over the web.

KingXerxes
02-27-2004, 03:56 PM
They are showing 11 games as sold out?

Is this possible with still a couple of days to go with this system?

KingXerxes
02-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by munchman33

I'm not sure it's the website as much as it is the number of people trying to get tickets.

White Sox series is sold out, and it says 14 home games in total. Does anybody know if this means they're sold out - or if they just aren't selling anymore tickets over the website for these 14 games? I find it hard to believe that we're still in February and the Cubs have sold out about 20% of their games already.

whitesoxwilkes
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I'm not sure it's the website as much as it is the number of people trying to get tickets.

White Sox series is sold out, and it says 14 home games in total. Does anybody know if this means they're sold out - or if they just aren't selling anymore tickets over the website for these 14 games? I find it hard to believe that we're still in February and the Cubs have sold out about 20% of their games already.

Believe it.

They have sold out their home opener, May 22nd against the Cards, June 19th vs the A's, all 3 Sox games, July 17th Brewers, July 19th Cards, July 30 Phillies, Aug 14-15 Dodgers, Aug 28-29 Astros and Sep 11 Marlins.

I'm still in the waiting room trying to get tickets to see them play the D'back..only MLB team I have never seen play in person.

soxwon
02-27-2004, 05:46 PM
my wifes been on waiting room since 9:30 this morning
its 4:45 now, 3 guys from work got through today, all i wanted was oakland-cubs.
wife is still waiting, this is unbelievable.
plus ive been calling too, it says all circuits are busy-no ****!!!!

KingXerxes
02-27-2004, 05:56 PM
I've got a classic. My wife calls me all excited because she finally got through, and bought 4 tickets for a game in April against the Mets. When I told her we weren't able to go because we have a silent auction for our kids' school I thought she was going to go berserk.

I think I'll stay at work tonight.