PDA

View Full Version : Black Sox by Billy Corgan

Happy Felsch Fan
02-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Here are the lyrics to the Billy Corgan song. No wonder this guy is washed up.

Black Sox (by Billy Corgan)

On the south side they wait

For shoeless joe to come outside

And say hello to them

On the north side they wait

For mordecai to come outside

And sign an autograph

Somebody listen, cause nobody cares

That the black sox are playing today

Somebody listen, cause somebody cares

That the cubbies are playing their hearts out

Now somebody listen/cause somebody cares

That the cubbies/are winning today

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

Cause the wind is blowing cross my face

Baby Fisk
02-27-2004, 09:18 AM
[stunned silence]

This is so lame I don't know where to begin.

StepsInSC
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Well. I used to really like him. I still enjoy his music, but he is officially an ass clown in my book.

wdelaney72
02-27-2004, 09:27 AM
What a disappointment! Corgan has elevated himself to "ass-clown" status.

What a pile of crap.

Kittle
02-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Wasn't this guy wearing some sort of black dress on SP's last tour? What a freak.

Like his Cubbies, Billy's a "Zero" indeed. :D:

Deadguy
02-27-2004, 09:31 AM
I've heard Macabre songs with better lyrics than that.

cheeses_h_rice
02-27-2004, 09:35 AM
I thought it was only Sox fans obsessed with the other team in town?

Hmm. Guess not.

:?:

LuvSox
02-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Yawn

Uncle_Patrick
02-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Was this what he sang at the Bartman Ball event?

woodenleg
02-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I see his lyrics are as terrible as ever.

I thought he was supposed to be a poet or something now.

Foulke You
02-27-2004, 09:44 AM
I love the Smashing Pumpkins but that is just crap. Billy makes no secret of his love for the Flubs but writing a lame song like that should be beneath him.

SaltyPretzel
02-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Happy Felsch Fan

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

:muddy
"You call that a song?!!!!!"

Uncle_Patrick
02-27-2004, 09:46 AM
I've got a verse for Billy:

Somebody listen, 'cause nobody cares
What Billy Corgan has to say
Fans didn't buy the last 2 Pumpkins albums
And that's why his band went away.

SSN721
02-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Well. I used to really like him. I still enjoy his music, but he is officially an ass clown in my book.

Completely agree, textbook definition of an no-talent ass clown, even passes up Micheal Bolton, just pathetic.

ewokpelts
02-27-2004, 11:37 AM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

I just lost more respect for that bald bastard.
Gene

santo=dorf
02-27-2004, 12:13 PM
That songs sucks. I think my song is at least 100 times better than his.

Cubs song (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27125&highlight=Chicago+Cubs+christmas)

DSpivack
02-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Just another one of the unfortunate masses that has been brainwashed by the dark side.

WSox8404
02-27-2004, 12:43 PM
What a H Mo. I used to like the guy when he was with the pummkins. I always knew he was a Cubs fan, but I didn't think he was such an idiot. Oh well, from now on I boycott all pumpkins songs. Ha. I wonder what would happen if the Sox won the WS. "Today is the darkest day I ever known. Cannot live for tomorrow for the Sox now own the town"

Deadguy
02-27-2004, 12:49 PM
If you want to read some truly hilarious lyrics, no band beats A.C.

http://www.darklyrics.com/a/anal****.html

vegyrex
02-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Uncle Fester slammed the Sox at a Bumpkins show at the Metro in 2000. He couldn't stand the fact the Sox were in first place and his beloved flubbies were in last place.

He's an A**. :angry:

Irishsox1
02-27-2004, 02:55 PM
This is the same jerk-off that would go see the Bulls on the road in the playoffs in '96 & '97 and sit behind the Bulls bench so you could see his balding head on T.V. I'm sure he goes to a lot of Bulls games now.

Maybe he should spend less time writing anti-White Sox songs and more time trying to figure out how he became so unpopular, how he lost his song writing craft and how he lost what little singing ability he once had.

He's the next Richard Marx, a grammy winning no-talent ass clown!

mikef1331
02-27-2004, 03:55 PM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

This really ticks me off! :angry: And I'm a big fan of billy corgan's music! This is just very, very dissapointing... it's been down hill for billy since the pumpkins broke up.. now he's sunk to a new low. I've always heard that he was an jerk in person, this just prooves it.

SoxFan76
02-27-2004, 03:58 PM
I love the Pumpkins, but that was ridiculous. I'm not even offended by that as a Sox fan, in fact, it's pretty funny. He sets out to insult the Sox , but he really didn't do that either. Black Sox? Does he know ANYTHING about the Black Sox? For one he shouldn't be bringing up Joe Jackson when talking about the Black Sox. He insulted himself and every Cubbie bandwagon jumper out there. Nice job.

Viva Magglio
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

D***head! :angry:

BackInBlack
02-27-2004, 08:43 PM
The hell is going on here? I thought The Smashing Pumpkins dismantled due to a lack of respect from the MTV's of the music industry? Is Billy Corgan back? I always liked that dude, too. His tunes with the Pumpkins were always very much underrated, and I loved how he planned to throw an enormous free concert in Grant Park for the people of Chicago to give a little something back to the community. But the CPA felt it would be too big a risk and they vetoed that great idea. So when's this retarded tune supposed to come out, and who's producing it? I, too, am very disappointed in Billy Corgen.

SoxFan76
02-27-2004, 08:47 PM
I don't believe the Pumpkins are back. Last I heard Corgan made a new band called Zwan. I only heard the one song that was played on the radio, and it was pretty good. I will never deny how he has infulenced this generation musically, in a generation where songs about big butts and gangstas are considered masterful. But this was a very stupid stunt and just lost him a good chunk of fans. His career just went down the toilet before his very own eyes.

WinningUgly!
02-27-2004, 10:37 PM
http://www.webstylus.com.br/anderson/images/bozo2.gif

Why does anybody give a rat's ass about a lame anti White Sox song by Billy Corgan? Stick a fork in this guy, he's been musically irrelevant for almost ten years. Nobody cares about Zwan...next stop Surreal Life 3. I never cared for the Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan's voice always bothered me. A cross between "It's Pat" from Saturday Night Live & somebody overdosing on helium.

Not that it matters, but other than looking like one, what does Billy Corgan really know about baseball anyway? He probably threw like a girl his whole life, so becoming a Cubs fan was only natural.

Uncle_Patrick
02-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Billy Corgan has no band now. Zwan is finished. The Pumpkins are done. He's going to go solo and write a book of poetry, if I remember correctly. Billy Corgan is washed up. Get ready to see him performing with a bunch of hired hands as the "new" Smashing Pumpkins at a state fair near you within the next 5 years. He'll be following either Grand Funk Railroad or Bachman Turner Overdrive. He might even be judging the chili cook-off!

awesomefan
02-28-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm glad everyone finally figured out what an idiot Billy Corgan has always been when it comes to baseball.

I never liked his music & one time he came on the now defunked "Sportswriters on TV" show & made such stupid remarks about baseball that you could tell very well he knew very little about baseball.

I always liked that show, but with Billy Corgan it was the worst.

TommyJohn
02-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I thought it was only Sox fans obsessed with the other team in town?

Hmm. Guess not.

:?:

Yeah, but cheeses, keep in mind that Billy Corgan didn't start out
that way. He was just a Cub fan who loved baseball and wrote
songs while doing such genteel things as helping little old ladies
across the street. Then along came those big, bad Sox fans with
their hatred and meanness. They taunted him about the Sox and
said mean things about the Cubs. And then (voice starts to rise)
there were those horrible, awful, terrible fans who held up that
sign during the 2000 playoffs saying "What was the attendance
at Wrigley today?" (voice quivers.) After that, he HAD NO CHOICE!
Those terrible, awful White Sox fans turned him from a nice boy
scout to a SOX HATER! (Shrieking) CAN YOU BLAME HIM?

ihatethecubs
02-28-2004, 04:14 AM
i dont care what anyone thinks, if i see him i want to punch him in the face for that, and then we'll see if he still thinks nobody cares about the white sox. stupid northside artsy pansy. that song is so disgusting

gosox41
02-28-2004, 07:04 AM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

Where did this song come from?

Bob

Hangar18
02-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Anyone catch him at the "bartman" local restraurant-promotion -disguised-as-charity-event? Yeah....the Media was quick to point out how "important" the event was, and that "..even billy corgan showed up". I used to like their music, makes me Really Glad that I never bought it, but got it copied. Hes OFFICIALLY a Jack Ass In my Book. Cant wait to Meet him and give him the business next time around .......

FoulkeFan
02-28-2004, 07:48 AM
I refuse to acknowledge the opinions of any Cub fan who refers to their team as "the cubbies".

DrCrawdad
02-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by FoulkeFan
I refuse to acknowledge the opinions of any Cub fan who refers to their team as "the cubbies".

I usually refer to them as the Cubbies, I certainly don't mean that as a compliment.

Grobber33
02-28-2004, 09:23 AM
For those of you that did'nt see this post in THE PARKING LOT,,,as a public service,I have pasted this here:

Here is a link that lets you here the shot he took at the Sox a few years ago at the final Smashing Pumpkins Concert at the United Center. www.grobber.com click on multi-media,then on sound vault. You need Real Player of course to listen.
If Sox Fans dont already dislike Corgan,they will after hearing this one which I did play on my old Score Overnight show a few hours after he said it in 2001.

BTW,he is a big Bulls Fan,and appeared to be a close Friend of Dennis Rodman during the 96,97 & 98 NBA Playoffs,and even was in Utah both in 97 & 98.
The guy told me he is NOT a fan of interleague play in baseball.

vegyrex
02-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
For those of you that did'nt see this post in THE PARKING LOT,,,as a public service,I have pasted this here:

Here is a link that lets you here the shot he took at the Sox a few years ago at the final Smashing Pumpkins Concert at the United Center. www.grobber.com click on multi-media,then on sound vault. You need Real Player of course to listen.
If Sox Fans dont already dislike Corgan,they will after hearing this one which I did play on my old Score Overnight show a few hours after he said it in 2001.

BTW,he is a big Bulls Fan,and appeared to be a close Friend of Dennis Rodman during the 96,97 & 98 NBA Playoffs,and even was in Utah both in 97 & 98.

Funny how that retard considered the Sox a minor league team. Its a view expressed by many flub fans. So what team has managed a measly 16 winning seasons in 63 years??
If the Sox are a minor league team, what does that make the lowly cubs?

vegyrex
02-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Oh BTW, the final concert for the Pumpkins was in 2000 at the Metro. The United Center concert was their second to last show.

MTV news (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1434153/20001018/nullsmashing_pumpkins.jhtml)

santo=dorf
02-28-2004, 10:37 AM

I bet he doesn't like seeing his cubbies get their asses handed to them by our White Sox.

DrCrawdad
02-28-2004, 11:50 AM
To that bald (illegitimate son) Cubbie fan... (http://www.wernersplace.com/images/flipoff_baby.jpg)

ewokpelts
02-28-2004, 12:21 PM

billy was trying to be like eddie vedder(hanging out with rodman)....while eddie may be a flubs fans, he dosent write songs that mock the sox...
Gene

LongLiveFisk
02-28-2004, 12:44 PM
That's too bad. At one time I did like his music. Now, forget it. He's washed up.

And there's no need to drag sports into music, especially to write trash like that. The only thing I can figure is when he does his pathetic shows these days they are all up on the north side where his lame anti-White Sox views might earn him some cheap applause from the local sheep. And he's so bad these days he has to do anything he can to get applause.

What a loser.

PINWHEELS
02-28-2004, 12:59 PM
This :) Looks like Billy Corgan To Me!

SaltyPretzel
02-28-2004, 01:23 PM

ewokpelts
02-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel

how true

vegyrex
02-29-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
billy was trying to be like eddie vedder(hanging out with rodman)....while eddie may be a flubs fans, he dosent write songs that mock the sox...
Gene

Vedder was friends with Jack McDowell.

They even got beat up together once in New Orleans. :smile:

Grobber33
02-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by vegyrex
Vedder was friends with Jack McDowell.

They even got beat up together once in New Orleans. :smile:

Vedder was indeed Pals with Black Jack(and still is in fcat). But when I got a rare interview with Eddie(which is also on the sound vault of my site)I asked him about Jack,and he said 'Jack who?" Kidding of course,but he added 'If he was'nt on the Cubs,I've never heard of him,I'm a Cub Fan".
But true,he never did anything to dis the Sox like Billy C did.

stillz
02-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Corgan's a sad chicago rep in the music scene and fits perfectly with the luvable losers. His voice always sucked - I don't care what Pumpkins fans think.

Max Power
02-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Are these lyrics legitimate? Where did they come from? Cause I'm looking at a pretty complete list (http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/song.html?song_type=-1&song_display=) of all of Corgan's songs and I don't see it listed. Is this for his solo album or one of his poems maybe?
This is pretty sad if it is for real. I'm a big fan and have always thought he wrote great lyrics. I'm not even offended as a Sox fan, I'm offended as a music fan. These are the lamest lyrics I've ever read. Even Hilary Duff songs are more interesting than this.

ewokpelts
02-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Max Power
Are these lyrics legitimate? Where did they come from? Cause I'm looking at a pretty complete list (http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/song.html?song_type=-1&song_display=) of all of Corgan's songs and I don't see it listed. Is this for his solo album or one of his poems maybe?
This is pretty sad if it is for real. I'm a big fan and have always thought he wrote great lyrics. I'm not even offended as a Sox fan, I'm offended as a music fan. These are the lamest lyrics I've ever read. Even Hilary Duff songs are more interesting than this.

new song

The Critic
02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Max Power

Wrote that crap for the destruction of the Blame Ball.
I like a lot of his songs, and this "incident" won't change that.
He was just playing to the crowd, doing a little anti-Sox slap.
No big deal.

RedPinStripes
02-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by The Critic
No big deal.

Are you kidding me? Hang him by his nut sack from the pin wheels! :o:

Max Power
02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
No big deal.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what the White Sox have to do with a baseball being blown up or the Cubs chocking in the playoffs, but I'm sure Billy could enlighten us.

Happy Felsch Fan
03-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Billy Coragan is a washed up has been. Why do they trot him out as some sort of big star? How pathetic. New York must think we are a bunch of rubes.

1991 Gish Hut
1993 Siamese Dream Caroline
1993 Siamese Dream [Clean] Virgin
1993 Siamese Dream [Japan] Virgin
1995 Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Hut
1998 Adore Caroline
1998 Star Profiles Mastertone
1999 Adore [Japan Bonus Track] Import
2000 MACHINA/The Machines of God Caroline
2000 MACHINA/The Machines of God [Import Bonus

Nick@Nite
03-01-2004, 05:31 AM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

Beavis:: heh, heh... that really sucks
Butthead: huh, huh... yea... uh... the Smashing Pumpkins used to be... huh, huh... kinda cool
Beavis: heh, heh... but now they suck! ... heh, heh
Butthead: ... wouldn't it be cool if Danzig kicked Corgan's ass? ... huh, huh
Beavis: heh, heh... heh, heh... that'd Rule! ... heh, heh
:b&b

ChiSoxBobette
03-01-2004, 06:30 AM

And say hello to them

And sign an autograph

I'm not much for loving

But I'm all up for dares

The guy sucks , his music sucks and besides that he's a typical scrub geek take a look at the dork. This year everyone and thier brother is going to jump on the scrub band wagon so who cares I'm a White Sox fans and if gigley field blows up with all of those dorks in it I would'nt even notice.

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Vedder was indeed Pals with Black Jack(and still is in fcat). But when I got a rare interview with Eddie(which is also on the sound vault of my site)I asked him about Jack,and he said 'Jack who?" Kidding of course,but he added 'If he was'nt on the Cubs,I've never heard of him,I'm a Cub Fan".
But true,he never did anything to dis the Sox like Billy C did.

If Vedders really a cub fan, he sure looked funny for a number of years wearing a SOX HAT everywhere. It was McDowells hat he was wearing, and he even wore it on their Saturday Nite Live appearance. I thought he looked pretty cool wearing it (everyone looks good wearing our hat). I dissed the guitar player for AudioSlave for looking like a buffoon wearing his cub hat. I wont even name the guy, hes L-A-M-E

Hangar18
03-01-2004, 09:19 AM
No big deal.

Ohhhhh I see now. So a Sell-Out washed up musician, Sold Out and Pandered to the Audience for Local Restaurant which in turn was Selling itself Out, and wrote the Song to further Idolize a team that is The Biggest Sell-Outs of them all. Its only fitting

Risk
03-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Nice career move Billy

Congratulations, you are the newest addition to the office dart board of hate (past members include Soso the Clown, George W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Ben Affleck-for that Gawdawful "Daredevil" movie, Jay Moronatti, and Rosie O'Donnell)

Risk