PDA

View Full Version : Should the Sox make a run for A. Boone?

depy48
02-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Yankees released Boone. And even if he wont be back this year, i know there's A LOT of Willie Harris doubters here, so Boone could play 2B. Who knows what teams will be vying for him. I dont think Kenny will make any attempt to get Boone now or at the season's end. But i definatly think that Boone will be awesome again. Going to school in Dayton...there's so many Aaron Boone fans, and from what i hear, he is realy committed to everything he does. I think he'd make a good addition.

sas1974
02-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by depy48
Yankees released Boone. And even if he wont be back this year, i know there's A LOT of Willie Harris doubters here, so Boone could play 2B. Who knows what teams will be vying for him. I dont think Kenny will make any attempt to get Boone now or at the season's end. But i definatly think that Boone will be awesome again. Going to school in Dayton...there's so many Aaron Boone fans, and from what i hear, he is realy committed to everything he does. I think he'd make a good addition.

Might be something to keep in mind down the road. If there's anything our organization does well, it's rehab guys.

Patrick134
02-27-2004, 12:41 AM
maybe Jr could kill 2 birds with one Boone and sign him for the Bulls as well.

munchman33
02-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Perhaps a two year deal at minimum salary this year and a $2 million dollar option next year will do it.

southsidegirl
02-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Patrick134

http://www.reno.blogger.com.br/matrix_revolution_agentesmith_rindo_.jpg

I've been giving out a lot of Laughing Smiths lately.

Frater Perdurabo
02-27-2004, 10:52 AM
If Harris fails as a 2B, then I don't have a problem with trying Boone as a reclamation rehab project at 2B.

WSox8404
02-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I think that would be a great idea. We would probably be able to get him for cheaper than normal bacause he would be coming off an injury. Since I doubt Willie is going to do anything this year we may very well see this happen.

Paulwny
02-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
I think that would be a great idea. We would probably be able to get him for cheaper than normal bacause he would be coming off an injury. Since I doubt Willie is going to do anything this year we may very well see this happen.

Not as cheap as you think, from Newsday:
"He'll be healthy again," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "He'll be able to play again. For that reason, there might be an issue we could work out that would be comfortable for both sides. And we'll continue having those discussions."

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by depy48
and from what i hear, he is realy committed to everything he does. I think he'd make a good addition.

its a good idea if willie falls on his face, but if he is really commited to everything he does, why would he have jeapordized his career by going against his contract and playing basketball?

Iguana775
02-28-2004, 12:42 AM
i'd take a risk on him but for the right price. a contract based on playing time and performance would be good.

JC456
02-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by WSox8404

Anyone remember a guy by the name of Robin Ventura?

WSox8404
02-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I would love to see him here. I think Crede is going to be our 3rd baseman for a long time to come, and I think that Uribe may play short for a while. With Willie stinking up the place like most think he will, we may try to make a run at him depending on the price. I think a contract like the Yankee's gave him would be good though, just in case he decided to play B Ball again.

Frank the Tank
02-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Who needs Boone when we have Juan Uribe?

Brian26
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Patrick134

Hahahaha. Nice one, Patrick.