PDA

View Full Version : Ozzies' first ejection

mike squires
02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Any predictions on Ozzies first ejection? Will it be opening day in KC to pump up the team and show the Royals we aren't messing around? In New york, to do his best Billy Martin imitation by turning his hat around and kick some dirt on an ump in front of the Yankee faithfull? Or at the Whitesox home opener to get the fans going? I look for Ozzie to get tossed out of a few this year. He likes the attention, talks too much and has such a passion for the game not too. Finally, a manager who will show some emotion. :)

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 08:35 PM
It really depends on when an umpire blows a major call. That night in Cleveland and Crede got a homerun called foul by ERIC COOPER (I'll never forget this guy), Ozzie may have had a thing or four to say to him.

mike squires
02-26-2004, 08:44 PM
What was Manuel doing? sitting on his hands?

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
What was Manuel doing? sitting on his hands? He went out there with a light jog, discussed the matter (we think, he could have been taking the opportunity to ask if it was supposed to rain the next day) and was easily convinced that it was a foul ball. The ironic thing to me was the next time I saw him get tossed, it was something the ump ended up making a good call on. Way to pick your battles JM, lol. :smile:

soltrain21
02-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
It really depends on when an umpire blows a major call. That night in Cleveland and Crede got a homerun called foul by ERIC COOPER (I'll never forget this guy), Ozzie may have had a thing or four to say to him.

Crede got screwed in Baltimore too

DonkeyKongerko
02-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I think this Eric Cooper night was in Baltimore. I'm not sure but Eric Cooper might have also been this ump with some really bad check swing 3rd strike calls in Detoilet.

SEALgep
02-27-2004, 11:34 AM
My dad saw a game where Eric Cooper forgot the count, and had to take a time out and figure it out. Lol.

KingXerxes
02-27-2004, 11:41 AM
He'll be fired before he ever gets ejected.............just kidding...............or am I?

Baby Fisk
02-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Ozzie will be ejected from a 7-Eleven in Arizona for demanding too many free refills to maintain his perpetual sugar rush. Then he will bite the head off a bat.

WSox8404
02-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Ha. The funniest thing about Guillen going out to yell at an ump is that I bet he says most of the stuff in Spanish. The ump will have no clue what is going on and will have to toss him. I can't wait for that to happen. By the way I really do think Ozzie is going to be a great manager. The best managers are the ones who have a deep, deep pasion in their team. Ozzie has that by far.

idseer
02-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
What was Manuel doing? sitting on his hands?

i just can't say it enough. JM was a horrible manager!