PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Change?


Rocklive99
02-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I could've sworn that when the schedule came out, the flubs came to the Cell in July. I remember everyone talking about the 4th of July game, optimistic that it would be at night for fireworks, but then a little disappointed when it was also a day game. I just looked at the schedule and it says that series is at Wrigley, Time: TBD, on ESPN. So I guess we've got Sunday Night Baseball, but someone back me up, wasn't this game scheduled at the Cell?

anewman35
02-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
I could've sworn that when the schedule came out, the flubs came to the Cell in July. I remember everyone talking about the 4th of July game, optimistic that it would be at night for fireworks, but then a little disappointed when it was also a day game. I just looked at the schedule and it says that series is at Wrigley, Time: TBD, on ESPN. So I guess we've got Sunday Night Baseball, but someone back me up, wasn't this game scheduled at the Cell?

Nope. I think we were guessing when it would be, based on when some other teams had their interleague series. I'm sure that the series were scheduled the same as they are now.

DrCrawdad
02-26-2004, 06:45 PM
The small schedule that I have lists the Sunday June 27 game starting at 2pm. The Sunday July 4 game at The Shrine is listed as 1:20pm.

Considering the hostilities I'd be surprised if the Crosstown games were ever at night again.

Sad
02-27-2004, 07:27 AM
yeah Im thinking that Sunday July 4 game will be a day game as ESPN usually has more than just one game on the summer holidays...

BeerHandle
02-27-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
I could've sworn that when the schedule came out, the flubs came to the Cell in July. I remember everyone talking about the 4th of July game, optimistic that it would be at night for fireworks, but then a little disappointed when it was also a day game. I just looked at the schedule and it says that series is at Wrigley, Time: TBD, on ESPN. So I guess we've got Sunday Night Baseball, but someone back me up, wasn't this game scheduled at the Cell?

You are correct. The games were originally to be at Comsikey for the 4th weekend. It was changed because one of the games will be a Nationally Televised game and I guess they wanted it at that dump of a stadium. How pathetic!!!

anewman35
02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
You are correct. The games were originally to be at Comsikey for the 4th weekend. It was changed because one of the games will be a Nationally Televised game and I guess they wanted it at that dump of a stadium. How pathetic!!!

PLEASE don't make accusations like that if you have no evidence at all. As far back as October in this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26002), the Sox were playing at Wrigley. Do you have any evidence that it was switched? If we're going to complain about things, let's at least complain about things that actually happened.

mantis1212
02-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
PLEASE don't make accusations like that if you have no evidence at all. As far back as October in this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26002), the Sox were playing at Wrigley. Do you have any evidence that it was switched? If we're going to complain about things, let's at least complain about things that actually happened.

No, he's right. I remember specifically when it was announced on the news that the July 4th was going to be at Comiskey. I remember mentally noting how appropriate it is, because Comiskey has by far the best fireworks show in the city...

anewman35
02-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212
No, he's right. I remember specifically when it was announced on the news that the July 4th was going to be at Comiskey. I remember mentally noting how appropriate it is, because Comiskey has by far the best fireworks show in the city...

When was it announced? After October?

NotSince1917
02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I have a home schedule (PDF) dated 10/28/03 that lists the Cubs at U.S. Cellular on June 25-27.

mantis1212
02-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
When was it announced? After October?

It was before any schedule came out, probably a weekafter the world series. Is guess it's possible the nightly news was mistaken, I swear that's what I heard...