PDA

View Full Version : Yankees/Red Sox....ahem, "Baseball Tonight" coming on ESPN:

ChiSox14305635
02-26-2004, 06:28 PM
They'll be previewing the Top 10 Offseason moves and talking to Pedro Martinez.

In other words, don't bother watching as there will be no White Sox news.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-26-2004, 06:46 PM
That's so silly. Greg Maddux is a bigger impact for the cubs than Derrek Lee? Not suprising though from the sports media.

ChiSox14305635
02-26-2004, 06:56 PM
This is Gammons list, so expect it to be nothing but crud.

10. Kaz Matsui-NYM (East Coast, wow I'm really surprised at this one)

9. Keith Foulke-BOS (Like we didn't know that someone from the other Sox wouldn't be on here)

8. Bartolo Colon-ANA (Gee, Pawtucket didn't rave this much about Colon when he was traded to the White Sox last year)

7. Greg Maddux-CHC (No comment needed)

6. Miguel Tejada-BAL (I wonder how much A's fans hate Gammons and Tejada)

5. Billy Wagner-PHI (Another East Coast person. Yuck!)

4. Andy Pettitte/Roger Clemens-HOU (No arguments with this one)

3. Vlad Guerrero-ANA (I feel sorry for Montreal)

2. Curt Schilling-BOS (Gee, I wonder who's gonna be #1?)

1. Alex Rodriguez-NYY (The Michael Jordan of baseball? It's official: Gammons is a crackhead)

He also mentioned smaller guys like Gordon, Everett, Derrek Lee, & Mark Kotsay who will make an impact.

No ranting necessary. Gammons is a schmo, and I'll be happy to see both of his teams lose.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Anyone else notice how the cubs are now "CHI" instead of "CHC" or "CUB" on ESPN? :angry: Oh and what team is Gammons' second team???? Cubs?

ChiSox14305635
02-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Anyone else notice how the cubs are now "CHI" instead of "CHC" or "CUB" on ESPN? :angry: Oh and what team is Gammons' second team???? Cubs?

No, the Cubbies are his 3rd team. His 2 teams will always be the Red Sox and the Yankees.

Lip Man 1
02-27-2004, 12:10 AM
I find it interesting how once again ESPN is being condemmed for not showing or talking about the White Sox non moves.

Does anybody seriously give a damn about Juan Uribe?

Please folks...relax, it's not a vast government conspiracy against the White Sox.

The White Sox don't need any outside help in making themselves a non issue. 20 years of trying themselves have made them experts at it.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
02-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I find it interesting how once again ESPN is being condemmed for not showing or talking about the White Sox non moves.

Does anybody seriously give a damn about Juan Uribe?

Please folks...relax, it's not a vast government conspiracy against the White Sox.

The White Sox don't need any outside help in making themselves a non issue. 20 years of trying themselves have made them experts at it.

Lip

Actually Lip, before I even posted this thread, I knew what Baseball Tonight was going to be all about. When they mention the top 10 offseason moves, somehow Juan Uribe isn't going to be cause for much excitement (maybe except for the Uribe family), but seeing how their baseball writers have a somewhat biased stance towards their East Coast teams, I wanted to see if they could be fair and impartial across the boards or if it would be shifted towards the same 3-5 teams that the rest of the baseball world has been forced to hear about. And I can now tell you that I wasn't disappointed. Was I looking for White Sox news? Not necessarily. Would I have been surprised if they mentioned the Sox? Yeah. I don't want ESPN to report on the White Sox out of pity or necessity. But on the same hand, I don't want to be force-fed more drivel on the Yankees and Red Sox. Either make it more oriented toward MLB in general, or don't show anything at all. As it is, their continued hyping of the Yankees/Red Sox drives a further stake with the rest of MLB and their fans.

Lip Man 1
02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I understand where you are coming from but remember the Yankees and red Sox have the two highest payrolls in baseball and have made the biggest off season moves. I saw the same show and noticed that the Angels received credit for two of the ten biggest off season moves.

As far as being force fed Yankees / Red Sox...better get used to it. ESPN will have as many games as possible involving those two teams this season not automatically against each other but ANY time they can get any of them.

It's the old adage Chi, money talks and you know what walks. When the White Sox start having a 90 million dollar payroll I'm sure ESPN will take notice of them.

Lip