PDA

View Full Version : Coverage of 'Bartman Ball' Sox & Cub Fans ALL can equally enjoy!

Grobber33
02-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Click here for what I think is the best 'coverage' of this 'enough already' deal!

www.grobber.com (Home page)

Mickster
02-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I don't get it..... :D:

Love it, Grobber!

DrCrawdad
02-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Click here for what I think is the best 'coverage' of this 'enough already' deal!

www.grobber.com (Home page)

Funny! However considering all the hype and hoopla, I'd have to say that quite a few Cubbie fans must be enjoying the Bartman Ball garbage.

The Dybas incident gave a black-eye not just to Sox fans but to Chicagoans. This stupidity of the Bartman Ball is certainly not helping and makes Chicagoans look like doofuses.

http://images.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/story/2004-02/11571956.jpg

hsnterprize
02-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Grobber...you are a stinkin' genius. I'm so sick and tired of all this coverage of that "damn ball" that I could scream. Look...I know you're a Cub fan and all, and I know you want your team to win a World Series as much as I want my team to. It's one thing to lament your team's losing in the playoffs, but give me a frickin' break, here. To actually put on a show where a $113K-plus baseball gets blown to bits is nothing short of utter stupidity.

Personally, if I were to have come up with that ball...I'd tell Cub fans..."You know what...if you want this ball destroyed, you'll have to get past the Florida Marlins to do it." I'd get in touch with the owner of the Fish, and tell him that I'd like to present this ball to his team as a gift from Chicago White Sox fans who are grateful for the Marlins beating the Cubs in the NLCS. I'd ask the Marlins to display this ball near where their World Series and Natioanl League Championship trophies are displayed. IMHO...if Cubs fans are THAT TORMENTED by the baseball Steve Bartman tried to catch in game 6 of that NLCS series...then this will serve them right. Maybe if there were more Cubs fans like you who actually game a rip about how the team plays instead of how the bars around Wrigley are jumping, then Cubs fans wouldn't be so hard to deal with.

I watched part of the NBC Today show this morning, and like you, I'm proud to be a Chicagoan. Chicago is the greatest city on the planet, and there are a lot of great things about this place. However, with this Bartman Ball fiasco going on, it almost makes me embarrased to be from the second city only because I'm afraid people from all over will associate Chicago and Chiago sports fans with this infamous baseball. It's hard enough to convince people there's more than one baseball team in this town. Now it's a case of convincing the world not everyone is as stupid as the Bartman Ball lovers.

doublem23
02-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Sorry, Les, your not giving Cub fans collective fellatio like other news sources... I doubt they'd like it.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/images/2003/10/01/bootQIS3.jpg
Woo! Let's blow **** up and drink some beer! I love baseball!