PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Tribune Poll

3rdgensoxfan
02-26-2004, 04:19 PM
In an internet window titled "Last Minute Reprieve" the Tribune asks "Should the 'Bartman ball' be pardoned?" And this is at the top of the page reserved for important breaking news. This coverage is ridiculous and proves that really questions the journalistic ethics of the Cubune. They are not reporting news. They are milking the stupid ball saga for all the advertising they can get. It's really quite sad. Furthermore, over 2,000 people have voted on this stupid poll. :?: At what point does this stuff stop?

Maybe Governor Blageovich should issue a last minute pardon for the ball. :gulp:

sas1974
02-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 3rdgensoxfan
In an internet window titled "Last Minute Reprieve" the Tribune asks "Should the 'Bartman ball' be pardoned?" And this is at the top of the page reserved for important breaking news. This coverage is ridiculous and proves that really questions the journalistic ethics of the Cubune. They are not reporting news. They are milking the stupid ball saga for all the advertising they can get. It's really quite sad. Furthermore, over 2,000 people have voted on this stupid poll. :?: At what point does this stuff stop?

Maybe Governor Blageovich should issue a last minute pardon for the ball. :gulp:

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen! Let it go already! I agree w/ another post that said if they are going to destroy anything, it should be A-Gon's glove.

Baby Fisk
02-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen! Let it go already! I agree w/ another post that said if they are going to destroy anything, it should be A-Gon's glove.
To lose the curse, they will have to lose the place where the curse was born...Wrigley Field itself. Blowing up a baseball does nothing for these morons. MORONS!

Tekijawa
02-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Anyone know the number to Mayor Dayley? I bet as a Sox fan and Chicago Public Official that he could grant clemency to the ball...

That would be sweet!

sas1974
02-26-2004, 04:39 PM

And by the way, the Gov is a rabid Flubs fan. I wouldn't count on the ball getting a break.

SoxEd
02-26-2004, 04:42 PM

This coverage is ridiculous and proves that really questions the journalistic ethics of the Cubune. They are not reporting news. They are milking the stupid ball saga for all the advertising they can get.

They're just drumming-up interest in one of their subsidiary businesses. Everyone there understands that, right?

What would worry me is if any significant number of people in Chicago perceive it as an actual news story rather than Tribune Corp advertising.

What you need to do is boycott the Trib and instead buy a newspaper that is either objective about both teams, or supports the Sox.

Hmm, I shouldn't really hold my breath waiting for that to become possible, should I?