PDA

View Full Version : Konerko to be on ESPN 1000 at 4:20p.

Mickster
02-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Just announced.

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Hopefully he'll say it is just a bruise. Curt Schilling did the same thing as a young buc as Grilli. He hit Wade Boggs in ST during batting practice, and they demoted him right after it. He thought his career was done. I think it's safe to say he bounced back from it. I don't think they'll demote Grilli, nor am I saying he is the next Schilling.

Tekijawa
02-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Hopefully he'll say it is just a bruise. Curt Schilling did the same thing as a young buc as Grilli. He hit Wade Boggs in ST during batting practice, and they demoted him right after it. He thought his career was done. I think it's safe to say he bounced back from it. I don't think they'll demote Grilli, nor am I saying he is the next Schilling.

So you're saying that Konerko is Wade Boggs then?

:D:

DrCrawdad
02-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

:D:

Konerko was an eligible bachelor but he's married now. Maybe Konerko is still eating chicks...I mean chicken.

:)

thecell
02-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Just announced.

Is it 4:20 already? Fire it up!

daveeym
02-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Shouldn't Kelly Wunsch be doing all 4:20 interviews?

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by daveeym
Shouldn't Kelly Wunsch be doing all 4:20 interviews? No he's busy during that time. :D:

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

:D: Lol, I have to disclaimer everything these days. :D:

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
They just said he is scheduled for 4:40 p.m. Maybe he's busy with Wunsch. lol.

thecell
02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
They just said he is scheduled for 4:40 p.m. Maybe he's busy with Wunsch. lol.

LMAO!!

ChiSox65
02-26-2004, 04:04 PM
I heard Paulie has a contusion and may have to sit out tomorrow........i guess we shall see.

Dadawg_77
02-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Konerko was an eligible bachelor but he's married now. Maybe Konerko is still eating chicks...I mean chicken.

I thought he was going the Crazy Iz Killah approach. Second Curb Your Enthusiasm related post today.

southsidegirl
02-26-2004, 04:32 PM

I don't see how he would be a chick magnet. He's not that ugly but he certainly isn't male model gorgeous. I'm happy for him though w/ the marrage....

rmusacch
02-26-2004, 04:34 PM

What happened? I did not hear that he got hit by a pitch.

LASOXFAN
02-26-2004, 04:39 PM
help me out, what happened to Konerko?

SEALgep
02-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
What happened? I did not hear that he got hit by a pitch. Grilli popped him in the elbow during a batting practice session. Grilli later said, "The punk was crowding the plate." No, he should be okay but were awaiting word to confirm it.

Deadguy
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
help me out, what happened to Konerko?

Isn't this the 23 million dollar question all of us have been asking since July of 2002? :?:

34 Inch Stick
02-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I don't see how he would be a chick magnet. He's not that ugly but he certainly isn't male model gorgeous. I'm happy for him though w/ the marrage....

I can tell you about 8 million reasons why he is a chick magnet.

Deadguy
02-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I can tell you about 8 million reasons why he is a chick magnet.

Chicks dig the GIDP?

ChiSox65
02-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Chicks dig the GIDP?

LOL............I like it!

thecell
02-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Chicks dig the GIDP?

I need to find me a chick who likes the DP. :o:

Tekijawa
02-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by thecell

Try Sandbergs wife, I heard she'd do anything

SoxxoS
02-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Chicks dig the GIDP?

Post of the week.

Mickster
02-26-2004, 05:52 PM
The first White Sox scare of spring training came during batting practice Thursday when Jason Grilli plunked Paul Konerko with a pitch in the left elbow. Konerko was bent over at the waist in pain and took a golf cart to the clubhouse with what was diagnosed as a bruise. He might miss a day of drills. ``It wasn't intentional, he didn't mean it. But probably if it was the middle of season, I probably would have been quicker to get out of the way or it would have just nicked me,'' Konerko said. ``But right now, it's like 100 mph, and before I knew, it hit me.'' Konerko hopes to be able to swing a bat Friday.

"Speedy" thinks he would have been able to dodge the pitch had it been in the middle of the season! :?:

TheRockinMT
02-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Quote:

Nothing wrong with either scenario in my opinion.

I thought he was going the Crazy Iz Killah approach. Second Curb Your Enthusiasm related post today.

That Curb Your Enthusiasm now, there is a good show.

mike squires
02-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by thecell

Post of the week.

SoxFan14
02-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Speedy" thinks he would have been able to dodge the pitch had it been in the middle of the season!

I think what Konerko means is that right now, since he hasn't seen live pitching in months, his reaction time isn't as quick and the ball seemed to be on him in instant..before he had a chance to move. But during the season when his timing is back he would have been able to react quicker and get out of the way before it hit him.

Brian26
02-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Post of the week.

Post? How about THREAD of the week. Every one of these is a better zinger than the last.

Maximo
02-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Quote:

Nothing wrong with either scenario in my opinion.

That Curb Your Enthusiasm now, there is a good show.

Ditto!!!

Tekijawa
02-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
"Speedy" thinks he would have been able to dodge the pitch had it been in the middle of the season! :?:

Looks like he's looking to get on base this year (via the bean ball) versus dodging the pitch and dribbling the next pitch to the SS for a double play... I'll take it! Maybe Ozzie will work with him to stand on the plate we'll score some runs!

Randar68
02-27-2004, 04:03 PM
On a more serious note:

Does it concern anyone else that Konerko could barely get the ball out of the infield last year, but he comes to camp and it's been so long since he stood in there that the ball looks 100 mph?

Seriously, was he back on the couch with a bag of Funions again this winter????

Apparently 8 million bucks guaranteed will make someone forget about working on their game. Less time in the bars and restaurants Pauly, more time in the gym and cages...

Not a good omen, IMO.