PDA

View Full Version : TV Skeds-Did not see this on WGN Website.......

Medford Bobby
02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Checking the Cup TV sked listed on the WGN tv website DOES NOT :whiner: INCLUDE any Sox-Cup games coming up in June and July........No national coverage this year????????? There may a ESPN game included (like last year) but for WGN not to cover a Crosstown match up...that can't be right??! :angry:

:chimp ""Ozzie was popular White Sock player"

dllrbll7
02-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Checking the Cup TV sked listed on the WGN tv website DOES NOT :whiner: INCLUDE any Sox-Cup games coming up in June and July........No national coverage this year????????? There may a ESPN game included (like last year) but for WGN not to cover a Crosstown match up...that can't be right??! :angry:

:chimp ""Ozzie was popular White Sock player"

Well Espn could have one each weekend and Fox could have one each weekend. The friday games are probably just on cable then. But im probably wrong

Brian26
02-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Is there a reason no night games are scheduled for these series? Wasn't Caballo's grand slam game the last night game these two teams played? Are they afraid fans might riot after a Cubs/Sox night game?

Medford Bobby
02-26-2004, 12:56 PM
It's possible FOX tv network could have national game on Saturday and give it national coverage one weekend then a Yankmee -Met game the next weekend............But I'd think that would be HUGE ratings game for WGN nationaly?????? :?:

faneidde
02-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
It's possible FOX tv network could have national game on Saturday and give it national coverage one weekend then a Yankmee -Met game the next weekend............But I'd think that would be HUGE ratings game for WGN nationaly?????? :?:
Fox always does those games regionally. East Coasters see NY-NY and us midwesterners get Chi-Chi.

Iwritecode
02-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Is there a reason no night games are scheduled for these series? Wasn't Caballo's grand slam game the last night game these two teams played? Are they afraid fans might riot after a Cubs/Sox night game?

Sox and Cubs fans tend to get a little rowdy when they get together for too long. I guess they figure the earlier the start time, the less time fans have to get up in the morning and start drinking before the game starts...

Sad
02-26-2004, 01:52 PM
FOX Sports Chicago will televise Friday July 2
FOX -32 will televise the Saturday July 3 game
ESPN has the Sunday July 4 game

now... the Friday game would be the Cubs announcing crew would be my guess as these are posted under the CUBS broadcasting schedule as FSNC... for Saturday FOX-32 has their own regional crew.

the June 25-27 games are not listed on the CUBS site (or under WGN's Cub broadcast schedule) as televised because they are most likely going to be broadcast by the SOX announcing crew. (I'd expect also on WGN and FOX Sports net, as this is how it was handled previous years if I remember correctly)... look for these 3 games to be listed on/under the SOX schedule.

our TV schedule should be up by now :angry:

MarqSox
02-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
The City Council passed an ordinance a couple years ago that the two teams can't play each other with a starting time later than 4 p.m. Or something to that effect.

Blueprint1
02-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I enjoyed the night games alot more than the day games. It sucks that they will no longer be playing at night.

Brian26
02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
The City Council passed an ordinance a couple years ago that the two teams can't play each other with a starting time later than 4 p.m. Or something to that effect.

No kidding? I had no idea. That's a bummer.

IA_soxfan
02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

What? I bet that council is chock full of people who partake of the kubbie kool aid. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I would bet that the facts that a) The sox traditionally play poorly during weekend-day games and b) The retards in blue are used to playing during the day had something to do with the passing of that ordinance. :angry:

Lip Man 1
02-26-2004, 11:55 PM
I think in 1999 ESPN televised a Cubs / Sox Sunday night game from Comiskey Park. In the 8th inning of that game two fans got engaged in a fistfight and literally rolled out of the lower box seats on to the tarp down the line and on to the playing field in foul territory delaying the game.

That contest also had numerous incidents in the stands and I'm sure was an embarassment to some. I know Miller and Morgan commented on it during the game. That was probably the catalyst for the ordenance.

Lip