PDA

View Full Version : Media Boycott

chisoxjk
02-26-2004, 07:36 AM
:angry: That's it.....I am not listening to a radio today, watching tv, or reading any newspapers.

Why??? I can not handle one more story about the Bartman ball. My alarm goes off this morning tuned as usual to ESPN radio, and I hear our wonderful governor's squeeky voice talking about.......believe it or not........the Bartman ball.

It starts out ok, he is talking about how a lot of people, including himself overreacted and said things they shouldn't have. Great, I'm thinking, finally someone realizes that it was not that kid's fault. The gov even starts to say that it wasn't Bartman's fault, he just got caught up in the game, HE HAD NO IDEA HE WOULD COST THE CUBS THE WORKD SERIES.

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Of course, it was his fault. Never mind that he did nothing wrong, that you should be burning the shortstop's gloves, or the collective brains of your beloved flubs who choked. I was not aware that one play could cause EIGHT runs to score. How the hell Bartman could affect players not even in the on-deck circle is beyond me.

So that's it, no media today. I can not handle one more fluff piece on this. My only request to all of you loyal readers is to let me know if any thing happens in the world today, because this site will be all I read today. If, for example, an asteroid is heading towards earth (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3517319.stm), I need to find out about it here.

Thank you all for your help on this. Maybe by this weekend I will be able to end my boycott and get my news elsewhere.

CubKilla
02-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by chisoxjk
:angry: That's it.....I am not listening to a radio today, watching tv, or reading any newspapers.

Why??? I can not handle one more story about the Bartman ball. My alarm goes off this morning tuned as usual to ESPN radio, and I hear our wonderful governor's squeeky voice talking about.......believe it or not........the Bartman ball.

It starts out ok, he is talking about how a lot of people, including himself overreacted and said things they shouldn't have. Great, I'm thinking, finally someone realizes that it was not that kid's fault. The gov even starts to say that it wasn't Bartman's fault, he just got caught up in the game, HE HAD NO IDEA HE WOULD COST THE CUBS THE WORKD SERIES.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Our wonderful governor also stated that he would not issue a "stay" of execution. Pathetic.