PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ugliest current Sox?


A. Cavatica
02-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Who do you think is the ugliest member of the current 40-man roster? I vote for Borchard.

lowesox
02-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I don't know about ugliest - but I think Jose Valentin is pretty funny looking with his porno-stache.

A. Cavatica
02-25-2004, 07:41 PM
No, no, he's dashing.

fquaye149
02-25-2004, 07:46 PM
i have a friend who is convinced billy koch is the ugliest man alive...i'm not sure if i disagree

kittle42
02-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Borchard.

Takatsu is no gem, either.

southsidegirl
02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Jose looks like the guy on the Pringles can. I think that Borchard is hideous.

tanko
02-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Bring back Ron Karkovice.

Konerko05
02-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Bring back Ron Karkovice.

Ron Karkovice is by far the ugliest man alive.

roofshot87
02-25-2004, 08:31 PM
see gary majewski

batmanZoSo
02-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Ahem.

(this thread sucks)

RichFitztightly
02-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
Ron Karkovice is by far the ugliest man alive.

No that honor goes to Eric Daze. As far as Sox players go, I'd have to vote for Kelly Wunsch. Then Borchard, then Marte otherwise known as the Mario Van Peebles look-a-like.

:kelly
"Good Gracious I AM ugly"

Fungo
02-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i have a friend who is convinced billy koch is the ugliest man alive...i'm not sure if i disagree
I've got a buddy who swears I'm Koch's twin. Self esteem....He Gawn!

:hawk
Borchard, now there's a handsome young man.

munchman33
02-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I always thought Bartolo looked kinda like a troll.

Fungo
02-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I always thought Bartolo looked kinda like a troll.
I thought he looked like Andre the Giant, only stockier.

Daver
02-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I always thought Bartolo looked kinda like a troll.


:bcolon


:troll



Nope,sorry,don't see a similarity.


:bandance:

southsidegirl
02-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
No that honor goes to Eric Daze. As far as Sox players go, I'd have to vote for Kelly Wunsch. Then Borchard, then Marte otherwise known as the Mario Van Peebles look-a-like.

:kelly
"Good Gracious I AM ugly"

Oh, I think he's cute....

batmanZoSo
02-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Jose looks like the guy on the Pringles can. I think that Borchard is hideous.


Wait, are you the chick from Dream Job?

LongLiveFisk
02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
Ron Karkovice is by far the ugliest man alive.

I couldn't agree more.

As Hawk would say....

"MERCY!"

pearso66
02-25-2004, 10:04 PM
I'd have to say Rauch, last year it would have been Colon. On the flipside, I guess a lot of girls like Garland, including my g/f and sister

Daver
02-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
I'd have to say Rauch, last year it would have been Colon. On the flipside, I guess a lot of girls like Garland, including my g/f and sister

You may want to rephrase that,I read it as your g/f and your sister are the same person.

:)

WinningUgly!
02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Daver
You may want to rephrase that,I read it as your g/f and your sister are the same person.

:)

That's just the redneck in ya! :redneck

pudge
02-25-2004, 10:48 PM
what are guys doing starting this thread? southsidegirl's vote should be the only one that counts.

kittle42
02-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by pudge
what are guys doing starting this thread? southsidegirl's vote should be the only one that counts.

I think that a person can say whether another person is ugly. Give me a break.

A. Cavatica
02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry, did something in my profile give away my gender?

Palehose13
02-25-2004, 10:54 PM
I think Antonio "gravel face" Osuna was the ugliest Sock ever. Karkovice is a close second. However, I think we have a pretty good looking team, especially if you think that Borchard is the ugliest.

BTW...Valentin is the Hispanic version of Freddie Mercury and Frank Thomas is an overgrown Gary Coleman...seriously look at his face!
:hurt
"What you talkin' about, Willis?"

A. Cavatica
02-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Baines was no prize. Swing looked good, though.

santo=dorf
02-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Frank Thomas is an overgrown Gary Coleman...seriously look at his face!
:hurt
"What you talkin' about, Willis?"

The Sox are going to play the Marlins this year. Maybe he'll say it to Dontrelle. How about "Stone Cold" Rick White?

:rwhite:

"White 3:16 says I just blew another lead."

psyclonis
02-26-2004, 12:15 AM
wow for a second I thought I was on the mlb forums...but my vote would go to either Konerko or Cotts.... O_o

Randar68
02-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
No that honor goes to Eric Daze. As far as Sox players go, I'd have to vote for Kelly Wunsch. Then Borchard, then Marte otherwise known as the Mario Van Peebles look-a-like.

:kelly
"Good Gracious I AM ugly"

Wunsch is ugly in a Circus Freak kind of way. You almost have to stand next to him to get a full appreciation of it. That man's got one SMOKIN' wife, though...

Randar68
02-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by psyclonis
wow for a second I thought I was on the mlb forums...but my vote would go to either Konerko or Cotts.... O_o

Cotts???? That kid's a pimp!

WhiteSox = Life
02-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
The Sox are going to play the Marlins this year. Maybe he'll say it to Dontrelle. How about "Stone Cold" Rick White?

:rwhite:

"White 3:16 says I just blew another lead."

Oh man, that was great. It's even funnier if you can imagine Stone Cold actually saying it. Nicely done!

santo=dorf
02-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Oh man, that was great. It's even funnier if you can imagine Stone Cold actually saying it. Nicely done!

I know he is no longer on the team, but I have always meant to post that. I swear, one time when I was at Sox game, he was coming out of the bullpen, and Stone Cold's music was playing softly across the speakers. My dad and I were laughing so hard.

:rwhite:

"If you want me to talk **** about Manuel in the Southtown, give me a hell yeah!"

:jerry

"Hell no!"

doublem23
02-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I think Antonio "gravel face" Osuna was the ugliest Sock ever. Karkovice is a close second. However, I think we have a pretty good looking team, especially if you think that Borchard is the ugliest.

BTW...Valentin is the Hispanic version of Freddie Mercury and Frank Thomas is an overgrown Gary Coleman...seriously look at his face!
:hurt
"What you talkin' about, Willis?"

Man, I was waiting for someone to mention Osuna. Every time he came in to pitch, they should have sheltered the children for fear of emotion distress. The man was hideous. Graffanino also really wasn't too pleasant to look at, either.

As for now, I would have to vote for Danny Wright.

:wright

Realist
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
It's 1st and 3rd with one out in the late innings and the Sox are batting and down by one run. The Sox batter hits into an easy 6-4-3 double play. At that moment he's about as cute as a stomach pump to me.

Fungo
02-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Man, I was waiting for someone to mention Osuna. Every time he came in to pitch, they should have sheltered the children for fear of emotion distress. The man was hideous. Graffanino also really wasn't too pleasant to look at, either.

As for now, I would have to vote for Danny Wright.

:wright

Danny reminds me of that guy Steve O of Jack@$$ fame.

Tragg
02-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Joey Cora

Maximo
02-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Konerko05
Ron Karkovice is by far the ugliest man alive.

There was a rumor going around that Karkovice had some plastic surgery done to his face. Every time I watch Miguel Olivo play............I start to wonder..........

Jerko
02-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by pudge
what are guys doing starting this thread? southsidegirl's vote should be the only one that counts.

Not if she thinks Wunsch is cute it shouldn't.

Jerko
02-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
The Sox are going to play the Marlins this year. Maybe he'll say it to Dontrelle. How about "Stone Cold" Rick White?

:rwhite:

"White 3:16 says I just blew another lead."



Ahh, too bad White didn't give Manuel a Stone Cold Stunner when he had the chance.

Fungo
02-26-2004, 08:45 AM
WSI's very own Wrestlemania...

:rwhite: :bcolon

Iwritecode
02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by pudge
what are guys doing starting this thread?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

soltrain21
02-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Cotts???? That kid's a pimp!


Yeah, my sister in law's roommate slept with him at ISU!


Go Cottsy..its your birthday...

Jerko
02-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Yeah, my sister in law's roommate slept with him at ISU!


Go Cottsy..its your birthday...


Glad to see the chicks at ISU are still as easy as when my ex-girlfriend went there!

southsidegirl
02-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Yeah, my sister in law's roommate slept with him at ISU!


Go Cottsy..its your birthday...

Wait! What? Noooooooooooo. I'm gonna die again just like I did after he choked at Yankee stadium! Actually, I was cleaning out my locker for the first time since August today and guess what I found at the bottom. I found a picture from the newspaper that I crumpled up and threw in the back the day after the whole Yankee thing. Man, I was pissed.....

Kelly is kinda quirky cute. He looks terrible in pictures though.

:rwhite: Now this guy is an eyesore.....

Jon Garland is still the best looking, but the first day of Soxfest, at about 10 o' clock, he came into Houlihans with this one girl. He was playing with her hair and everything! I wanted to commit suicide.

Hangar18
02-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Wunsch is ugly in a Circus Freak kind of way. You almost have to stand next to him to get a full appreciation of it. That man's got one SMOKIN' wife, though...

first of all, Id like to say im pretty secure in my ahem...manliness.
but Wunsch....I dont know, think the guy started dressing better and worked on the hair, but hes not as weird looking as he used to be. mental note I made at soxfestivus

SoxEd
02-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Glad to see the chicks at ISU are still as easy as when my ex-girlfriend went there!

How do I get to ISU from O'Hare? :D:

JGarlandrules20
02-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
but Wunsch....I dont know, think the guy started dressing better and worked on the hair, but hes not as weird looking as he used to be.
Yeah, I thought he looked cute at soxfest. :smile:

ChiSox65
02-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Who do you think is the ugliest member of the current 40-man roster? I vote for Borchard.

Are you female?............if not, why did this cross your mind?

southsidegirl
02-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
Yeah, I thought he looked cute at soxfest. :smile:

Yea, at Soxfest I was sitting down against the wall by autograph line 2, and when he walked past, I was like "Hi Kelly" and he was like "Hey how's it going?" but he kinda mumbled the last part. Me and my friend started cracking up.

SoxxoS
02-26-2004, 05:48 PM
I am suprised this thread hasn't got one of these yet...

:threadsucks

southsidegirl
02-26-2004, 06:43 PM
You party pooper. What's wrong with having some lighthearted conversation when everyone is in a good mood?

SoxFan76
02-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Good ol' Craterface Karkovice.

Harold Baines is definitely a goofy looking guy.

Borchard takes the prize. He is a beast.

kittle42
02-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox65
Are you female?............if not, why did this cross your mind?

Welcome to our forum, President Bush.

doublem23
02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Welcome to our forum, President Bush.

:) Nice.

A. Cavatica
02-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox65
Are you female?............if not, why did this cross your mind?

What the hell difference does it make (either question)?

A. Cavatica
02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I should point out that this is the Internet...southsidegirl is probably a 48-year old truck driver from Cicero.

ChiSox14305635
02-26-2004, 09:44 PM
This whole thread is cracking me up! But all of you guys are wrong. Even though this guy hasn't been on the roster in awhile, he takes the cake as ugmo of the millenium:


:XL
What did you say! Why, I'll get you, you.......oh, my back! My back!

Deadguy
02-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Glad to see the chicks at ISU are still as easy as when my ex-girlfriend went there!

Hmmm. I'm a graduate student at ISU (AKA I Screwed Up), and I can attest to the fact that the above doesn't need to be in teal. I attribute it more to the fact that the student population here is 60% female. When I went to the U of IL, it was only 48% female, hence much more difficult.

southsidegirl
02-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
I should point out that this is the Internet...southsidegirl is probably a 48-year old truck driver from Cicero.

What? No! Would a 48-year old truck driver from Cicero look like the person in my signature (me).

Jerko
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Hmmm. I'm a graduate student at ISU (AKA I Screwed Up), and I can attest to the fact that the above doesn't need to be in teal. I attribute it more to the fact that the student population here is 60% female. When I went to the U of IL, it was only 48% female, hence much more difficult.

I just didn't want to get ripped for being a "sexist". Last time I did that Palehose13 threatened to kick me in the balls at the opener and UICJason told me I "lived up to my name" of Jerko. Actually I am trying to protect my ex. I haven't seen her for about 20 years and I think she still goes there!

ChiSox65
02-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
What the hell difference does it make (either question)?

I'm sorry, I thought this was a baseball site. Not a slumber party for 16 yr old girls.

A. Cavatica
02-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Oh, give it up. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. This isn't a "cutest smile" thread -- there's a great tradition of picking All-Ugly teams in baseball. Here's one where our own Officer Karkovice figures prominently:

http://www.baseball-primer.com/clutch/archives/00006852.shtml

StillMissOzzie
02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Oh, give it up. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. This isn't a "cutest smile" thread -- there's a great tradition of picking All-Ugly teams in baseball. Here's one where our own Officer Karkovice figures prominently:

http://www.baseball-primer.com/clutch/archives/00006852.shtml

That was a cool link you put up there, A. Lotta love for Don Mossi there. I remember his baseball card from somewhere around the '66-'68 era, and yes, he was some kinda homely.

SMO

HITMEN OF 77
02-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
I should point out that this is the Internet...southsidegirl is probably a 48-year old truck driver from Cicero.

LMAO!!

HITMEN OF 77
02-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
What? No! Would a 48-year old truck driver from Cicero look like the person in my signature (me).

If that's what 48-year old truck drivers from Cicero look like, I'm buying me a CB, HITMEN OF 77 out.....

WhiteSox = Life
02-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
If that's what 48-year old truck drivers from Cicero look like, I'm buying me a CB, HITMEN OF 77 out.....

Another good thing about the Internet is that comments like that can be taken in jest, but if you know what I mean, it could go both ways.

"He said it could go both ways."
"Like a bisexual."
"Thank you. That was the joke."

Mo308oM
02-27-2004, 03:39 AM
jose jose jose joseeeeeeeeee

Mo308oM
02-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Glad to see the chicks at ISU are still as easy as when my ex-girlfriend went there!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahah ahha

bafiarocks03
03-01-2004, 12:41 PM
PAUL KONERKO iS DEFINETLY NOT THE UGLIEST!! HE IS THE HOTTEST!! I CAN'T BELIEVE ANY OF YOU WOULD SAY THAT! THE SAME WITH KELLY WUNSCH! HE IS SO HOT TOO!! NEAL COTTS IS VERY HOT! SO I WOULD SAY THAT BORCHARD is ugly!!! so im very mad that u would say that! Paul is the sexiest man out there!! my opinoin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steff
03-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Paul was cuter before he started balding... :D:

steff
03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm kinda fond of Elo... :D:

steff
03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
:D:

doublem23
03-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Is he dressed by a blind man?

Those colors weren't intended to go together.

steff
03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Of course... Dave is still #1... :D:

steff
03-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Is he dressed by a blind man?

Those colors weren't intended to go together.



He bought that shirt at Nordstroms... the sales girl told him it looked good. He swore he was never going back there. :D:

Whitesox029
03-03-2004, 10:51 PM
My vote goes to Kelly Wunsch (a relation of mine once described him as "ratface"). Billy Koch is a close second of course, with Olivo somewhere in the mix as well. As far as ugliest Sox ever--Mike Devereaux was considered the ugliest man in baseball during his time in the Majors. He did play for the Sox for a few years (remember that?).

bafiarocks03
03-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Kelly Wunsch is hot what are you talking about!! Billy Koch is hotter!! Miguel Olivo is so adorable!!!!! we've been over this! not ugly at all!