PDA

View Full Version : "Frank Watch" from day one of Spring Training

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
I was down in Tuscon today and am happy to report that Frank Thomas could not have been in a better mood. He was joking with the entire team and chatting it up with reporters. Frank, Ordonez and Crede were taking batting practice together and Frank was proclaiming to everyone within earshot that this was the year for the White Sox. I think his exact quote was:

"Nobody sees us coming- we're underdogs! We're gonna bite 'em in their ass."

He seemed very pumped. He was also hitting the ball very well- not only homeruns, but solid line drives into the outfield. My favorite moment was when he gave Joe Crede a little advice:

"Be smooth, baby. Swing right through it."

Later, Frank was running his sprints at the end of practice with Mags. Ozzie drove up in a golf cart and started teasing him about the fact that he runs with his fists open. Frank laughed and the two hugged. They seemed very happy.

I'll attach some pictures.

Tekijawa
02-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I would KILL to beat the Cubs in the World Series.... just point me in the right direction!

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 04:50 PM
a little BP

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 04:53 PM
who said frank isn't a team player? here he tips a near empty water jug for Art Kusnyer.

Mickster
02-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Pat,

Thanks for the update. I'm sure that none of the local papers would even be interested in reporting that kind of stuff!

Especially like the quote

Should be a fun sumer!

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
frank, ozzie and mags walk after ozzie teases frank while he runs sprints

steff
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Yo Pat.. more picture posting, less comentary..

:D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks. I really appreciate it because like someone else said, you'll never see or hear about any of this stuff from the chicago media.

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
frank talks to the media

southsidegirl
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
frank, ozzie and mags walk after ozzie teases frank while he runs sprints

Hey, there's Aaron Rowand in the backround! hehehe. Yes! Post more pictures. Did you talk to any of them. I would do anything to be able to go to ST but I have to sit through school instead. Blah!

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 05:00 PM
ozzie talks- these are all i'm going to post here for now. hope you like them!

Tekijawa
02-25-2004, 05:03 PM
a little BP

Good to see he's still pulling that back foot off the Ground!

patbooyah
02-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Hey, there's Aaron Rowand in the backround! hehehe. Yes! Post more pictures. Did you talk to any of them. I would do anything to be able to go to ST but I have to sit through school instead. Blah!

i'll post more later tonight- for now i have to run. spring training is great! frank saw me watching him and we had this talk:

frank: whats up man? i see you looking at me like...
me: sorry, man. i'm just excited- i'm trying to suppress the fan in me.
frank: thats awesome, man.

he was so nice and happy. it was great. miguel olivo was also in great spirits.

also- i heard olivo tell koch that a few of his pitches were "really nice." i hope thats a good sign.

Hangar18
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I was down in Tuscon today and am happy to report that Frank Thomas could not have been in a better mood. He was joking with the entire team and chatting it up with reporters. Frank, Ordonez and Crede were taking batting practice together and Frank was proclaiming to everyone within earshot that this was the year for the White Sox. I think his exact quote was:

He seemed very pumped. He was also hitting the ball very well- not only homeruns, but solid line drives into the outfield. My favorite moment was when he gave Joe Crede a little advice:

"Be smooth, baby. Swing right through it."

Later, Frank was running his sprints at the end of practice with Mags. Ozzie drove up in a golf cart and started teasing him about the fact that he runs with his fists open. Frank laughed and the two hugged. They seemed very happy.

I'll attach some pictures.

Patrick, let me be one of the first to Pat You on the Back and buy the 1st Round :gulp: What you covered was timely, informative, and much needed around here. Though your post was only a few Sentences, You Said MORE (and even have Pics!) in a few sentences than a Mike Kiley has said in a month of reporting. Excellent Job. Watch how the local papers now will use your Angle and go with this story.....That is if they can find the time to Discuss McCarthyism and Why Baseball is After Dusty, or Maybe we can get another update on The Messiahs search for good Chinese Take-Out near his new place, or even MORE indepth coverage of a Local restaurants Ploy to get themselves and the Cubs Even More COverage under the guise of doing it 'For charity'. WHat BS. Where the hell is Doug Padilla?
Nice Job Pat, We truly got some inside info just now. thanks. Your did better work than the Chicago Media.

southsidegirl
02-25-2004, 05:11 PM
i'll post more later tonight- for now i have to run. spring training is great! frank saw me watching him and we had this talk:

frank: whats up man? i see you looking at me like...
me: sorry, man. i'm just excited- i'm trying to suppress the fan in me.
frank: thats awesome, man.

he was so nice and happy. it was great. miguel olivo was also in great spirits.

also- i heard olivo tell koch that a few of his pitches were "really nice." i hope thats a good sign.

I would do anything, ANYTHING to talk to Frank. I was heartbroken when he wasn't at my first Soxfest this summer. I've grown up wanting him to adopt me. I've been a fan since he won the MVP in '93. I was 3 years old too.

hsnterprize
02-25-2004, 05:15 PM
I would do anything, ANYTHING to talk to Frank. I was heartbroken when he wasn't at my first Soxfest this summer. I've grown up wanting him to adopt me. I've been a fan since he won the MVP in '93. I was 3 years old too. I'll see him when I cover the team...what do you want me to tell him? Big Frank's my favorite player too. Yes he can be brash with the media, but...if you actually treat him with respect, he'll actually want to talk to you...WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!!

southsidegirl
02-25-2004, 05:18 PM
O god. I'll think of something, don't worry....

Foulke You
02-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Pat, let me first start off by saying that I am insanely jealous of you and I hate your guts because I'd kill to be with our boys in Tucson right now rather than stuck at work. :D: That being said, thanks for the pictures. Hangar is right, you just don't get any good Sox coverage from Tucson and it is great to hear stories like that from the fans. Keep em coming. Perhaps we'll get more positive articles now that Frank has arrived with a positive attitude in Spring Training!

Chisox_cali
02-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I would do anything, ANYTHING to talk to Frank.

http://www.soxtalk.com/uploads/post-4-1077751226.gif

Just messing with ya :smile:

Tekijawa
02-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I'll see him when I cover the team...what do you want me to tell him?

First poke him in the arm, then look him dead in the eye and say... OK where did they put the REAL Frank Thomas? then tell him you have no further questions...

akingamongstmen
02-25-2004, 05:33 PM

I'm putting that quote on a T-Shirt. It's funny how a little positive attitude changed my perspective. Let's play some ball. :D:

kittle42
02-25-2004, 05:49 PM
I would do anything, ANYTHING to talk to Frank. I was heartbroken when he wasn't at my first Soxfest this summer. I've grown up wanting him to adopt me. I've been a fan since he won the MVP in '93. I was 3 years old too.

He gave my sister a buffalo wing in Cleveland.

mikef1331
02-25-2004, 06:46 PM

I love this quote! :D: Actually, I like it so much it's my new signature.

Realist
02-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I would KILL to beat the Cubs in the World Series.... just point me in the right direction!

You are absolutely outta yer freakin' mind!! :D:

Imagine this: It's game 7 of the Series. The Sox are leading 5-3 in the top of the ninth and the Cubs have players on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Sosa is at the plate and Koch is pitching. The count is 1 and 3...

I don't know where you're going to be but you can bet I'll be laying flat out on the concourse behind my seats in section 144. Don't trip on me. I'll be the guy with a still smouldering cigarette wedged between my fingers and lying in a pile of my own butts on the receiving end of a defibulator. Whew. My left arm hurts just thinking about that scenerio. :cool: