PDA

View Full Version : It's Frank's Team

SEALgep
02-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Paul Konerko was quoted as saying that it was Frank's and Magg's team, but if you had to narrow it down to one, it would be Frank's (partly due to his seniority.) We are sounding more and more like a winning team, in my opinion. Respect being deferred, guys showing up early, teammates joking around with each other. Whose pumped? :smile:

HITMEN OF 77
02-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Sounds like the team is coming together already. That's good that everyone knows there spot on the team and that Konerko can point that out. Way to go Paulie!!

Randar68
02-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Paul Konerko was quoted as saying that it was Frank's and Magg's team, but if you had to narrow it down to one, it would be Frank's (partly due to his seniority.) We are sounding more and more like a winning team, in my opinion. Respect being deferred, guys showing up early, teammates joking around with each other. Whose pumped? :smile:

Well, to be a smartass, Pauly should be there preaching about every single player in camp the way he stunk it up last year...

maurice
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
The Thomas critics are the guys who can't hit their weight or post an ERA under 5. Thankfully, the whole team is saying the right things now. Hopefully, the taint of JM is purged, and this respectful attitude carries over into the season.

Deadguy
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Well, to be a smartass, Pauly should be there preaching about every single player in camp the way he stunk it up last year...

It's too bad he's not in Vero Beach singing the praises of Shawn Green and Paul Lo Duca. He'd fit in nicely with a team that scored fewer runs than the Kittens did last year.

BeerHandle
02-25-2004, 02:44 PM
It is Frank's team! Maggs has never been asked to be a leader in the clubhouse.

Frank's Team All The Way!

Hokiesox
02-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Isn't it funny how the start of Spring Training changes everybody's opinions?

It's great to see the team seemingly gel early on. Hopefully they play well too. Exciting start! :) :gulp:

Baby Fisk
02-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm getting stoked! I'm getting pumped! BRING IT ON!

Lip Man 1
02-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Let's hope the 'good feeling,' continues and shows where it really courts...beginning in April.

Lip

akingamongstmen
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
It's too bad he's not in Vero Beach singing the praises of Shawn Green and Paul Lo Duca. He'd fit in nicely with a team that scored fewer runs than the Kittens did last year.

Enough with the LA crap. I wonder what all of the "Sox Fans" on these message boards are gonna say after Paulie connects for 30-35 HR, drives in 90-100 RBI, and Odalis Perez stinks up the joint in LA with a 5+ ERA.

kittle42
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
It's Marvin Benard's team.

LASOXFAN
02-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy

Konerko had three bad months. Let it go. It's a new season. Believe me, I was cussing the guy more than anyone last year, but I'm glad he's coming back with a chance to redeem himself.

maurice
02-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Actually, he's only had three good months since the end of June 2002. Hopefully, he'll live up to his contract this year, but I'm not counting on it.

SSN721
02-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I think it is fantastic to hear how everything seems to be coming together, I also agree with Lip that I hope the sentiments are still there in april when it matters. I am pretty enthusiatic and hopeful about this season though. But not too much, dont want to end up too dissapointed if we only win 75 games.

Kuzman
02-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Konerko had one hell of a 2nd half bringing his avg. up from what a 0.99 to a .242 and he was the man to have at the plate when the game was on the line.. now the 1st half of the season made me want to puke

rahulsekhar
02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Actually, he's only had three good months since the end of June 2003. Hopefully, he'll live up to his contract this year, but I'm not counting on it.

Ummmmm....not to be a smartass but - In the timeframe you cite that gives him 100% good months and no bad months. Isn't that good?

(OK, that was done entirely to be a smartass, but I think you mean since June, 2001 he's had 3 good months, right?)