PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 2.25.04

Hangar18
02-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Dark Days get even Darker. Cublicity on all Cylinders as Cubpoganda weighing a TON.
The SOX today have taken a HUGE HIT in the standings unfortuneately. Besides just plain out giving the Cubs more coverage (Story recently on the Messiahs choice of apartment living and what its like to live in chicago-another Kiley Masterpiece) the SOX are being BLOWN Away with this stupid bartman ball thing. The Cub-Times in particular is Going HogWild devoting a couple special pages to this nonsense.
I also noted how Harry Carays restaurant, in order to Promote themselves and the Cubs, turned it into Toast-Harry-Blow-up-ball-talk-about-cub-doing-it-for-Charity BS. Live television?
Can this be really Happening? The Cub-Times has NINE stories all about this. The Cubune actually has an "interview" with the baseball itself, as if it could talk. Gotta love the CUBLICITY
in this freaking town.

Chicago Cubune:
7 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cub-Times:
13 cub stories (including 9 related to the ball)
3 sox stories

Standings as of 2/25/04 ...... a complete Joke now .....

CUBS 71
SOX 27

JC456
02-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Dark Days get even Darker. Cublicity on all Cylinders as Cubpoganda weighing a TON.
The SOX today have taken a HUGE HIT in the standings unfortuneately. Besides just plain out giving the Cubs more coverage (Story recently on the Messiahs choice of apartment living and what its like to live in chicago-another Kiley Masterpiece) the SOX are being BLOWN Away with this stupid bartman ball thing. The Cub-Times in particular is Going HogWild devoting a couple special pages to this nonsense.
I also noted how Harry Carays restaurant, in order to Promote themselves and the Cubs, turned it into Toast-Harry-Blow-up-ball-talk-about-cub-doing-it-for-Charity BS. Live television?
Can this be really Happening? The Cub-Times has NINE stories all about this. The Cubune actually has an "interview" with the baseball itself, as if it could talk. Gotta love the CUBLICITY
in this freaking town.

Chicago Cubune:
7 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cub-Times:
13 cub stories (including 9 related to the ball)
3 sox stories

Standings as of 2/25/04 ...... a complete Joke now .....

CUBS 71
SOX 27

I'd just like to see one article: Sox win World Series and then the Cub fans can eat the baseball. What do you think?

Iwritecode
02-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Cubune actually has an "interview" with the baseball itself, as if it could talk.

OMG, somebody please stop the world, I want to get off because I've seen everything now.

This is getting just utterly ridiculous.

Rawlings has been sentenced to die Thursday night. He stands accused of a heinous crime—preventing the Cubs from gaining their first World Series in 58 years. The only problem is, according to Rawlings, he's innocent.

"It was my twin brother," Rawlings insisted from the undisclosed location where he has been kept all week.

You would think somebody would point out the fact that it was a GLOVE that had more to do with the outcome of that game...

I guess we shouldn't expect anything less from :knue