PDA

View Full Version : So Far...So Good

Maximo
02-25-2004, 08:54 AM
After reading some of the columns in the Sun-Times this morning, it appears things are off to a good start. Frank shows up a day early and is happy.....Mags waxes philosophically about wanting to remain with the Sox.....it's refreshing to hear.

Meanwhile....Dusty is pontificating about steroid use.

Could it be that the 2004 baseball season in Chicago will be exactly 180 degrees different than what I and a lot of us fans have been anticipating?

I know it's a long season......but we've experienced worse openings of spring training than this.

PS......I still don't like Reinsdorf. (Just wanted to remind everyone)

Fisk Fan
02-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Maximo
After reading some of the columns in the Sun-Times this morning, it appears things are off to a good start. Frank shows up a day early and is happy....

Funny, I didn't even hear about it on the news. I know that Sammy showed up on time and they threw him a parade. Frank shows up early and it's barely mentioned. I guess we better get used to it........

chisoxjk
02-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I don't think I would go as far as saying they will be completely reversed, but it will be very interesting to see how the flubs handle the pressure. Personally, I just don't see them handling it very well.

On the flip side, I think not having the pressure of being favorites will help the Sox. Maybe they can finally learn to relax and have fun with this game again.

Brian26
02-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Two positive articles in the Cubune this morning about Hurt and Mags. It was a nice way to start the day.

Mickster
02-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Maximo
Mags waxes philosophically about wanting to remain with the Sox.....it's refreshing to hear.

That is true to an extent. While maggs is stating that he wants to remain with the Sox, his agent is telling KW that, in no uncertain terms, Maggs WILL be a a free agent this summer, regardless of the offer that the Sox put on the table!

Looks like Maggs will be the much bigger story this year!

mantis1212
02-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Funny, I didn't even hear about it on the news. I know that Sammy showed up on time and they threw him a parade. Frank shows up early and it's barely mentioned. I guess we better get used to it........

That's the way each of them want it I think.

Tekijawa
02-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Is that the real Frank? he didn't say one stupid thing in the whole article!!!

MarqSox
02-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by chisoxjk
I don't think I would go as far as saying they will be completely reversed, but it will be very interesting to see how the flubs handle the pressure. Personally, I just don't see them handling it very well.

On the flip side, I think not having the pressure of being favorites will help the Sox. Maybe they can finally learn to relax and have fun with this game again.
I'm really starting to buy the Backwards 1984 theory. :gulp: