PDA

View Full Version : Frank's happy (Tribune article)


Realist
02-25-2004, 04:02 AM
"What he was trying to do was let people know this is his team now and he's coming in to take over and on the first day to let everyone know, 'I don't care who you are on this team, I'm the manager now,' and that's fine," he said. "I have no problem with that. He wasn't trying to get under my skin."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040224sox,1,4509617.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

idseer
02-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Realist
"What he was trying to do was let people know this is his team now and he's coming in to take over and on the first day to let everyone know, 'I don't care who you are on this team, I'm the manager now,' and that's fine," he said. "I have no problem with that. He wasn't trying to get under my skin."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040224sox,1,4509617.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

isn't it interesting that half the people here decided that oz was just being a big mouthed jerk when even the so-called brunt of his verbal attack saw it for what it really was ... a man with the audacity to talk like a leader!

StepsInSC
02-25-2004, 07:14 AM
"I realized that I turned that corner," he said. "I'm looking at the downside now, maybe five years left and I'm going to give everything I have for those last five years. I'm still capable of playing at a high level."

Nice to see that it sounds like he's planning on staying healthy and staying around for a while. :)

Kilroy
02-25-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by idseer
isn't it interesting that half the people here decided that oz was just being a big mouthed jerk when even the so-called brunt of his verbal attack saw it for what it really was ... a man with the audacity to talk like a leader!

Hey, that's great that it went like it did. But we all know that Frank, in the past, may have not handled the specific comments too well. And for all we know, he didn't handle them well this time, until he showed up and spoke about them. It could very well be the case that in off-season conversations w/ Cora, that we know Thomas had, Cora offered him a different perspective on the comments, and in the time he had to think, decided that there was nothing to be irritated about.

Frater Perdurabo
02-25-2004, 08:14 AM
For all those who expected some big blowup between Frank and Ozzie, or that Frank might not report, or who fueled the media circle-jerk over this whole fiasco: All I have to say to you is: "How do YOU like your crow?" :D:

Palehose13
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
For all those who expected some big blowup between Frank and Ozzie, or that Frank might not report, or who fueled the media circle-jerk over this whole fiasco: All I have to say to you is: "How do YOU like your crow?" :D:

http://communications.fullerton.edu/radio.tv.film/courses/210Fall2002/pavlovsky/cartman1.jpg
Sweeeeeeet!

SSN721
02-25-2004, 08:44 AM
"We have to move on," he said. "I've been dealing with patchwork situations with this organization for 12 of the 14 years I've been here. We've always made changes and we have to make the best of it."

I thought that was rather an interesting quote, seemed to subtly say what a lot of posters here have been saying for quite awhile. ANyway, I love the article nice to hear that Frank responded to Ozzie the way I thought he would, like a professional. Glad that this season isnt gonna start off sour. :cool:

Brian26
02-25-2004, 08:58 AM
:moronotti

"There's goes my show today :("

cheeses_h_rice
02-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
For all those who expected some big blowup between Frank and Ozzie, or that Frank might not report, or who fueled the media circle-jerk over this whole fiasco: All I have to say to you is: "How do YOU like your crow?" :D:

I'll wait to eat mine. While I'm happy that Frank seems happy and has sublimated his will to that of the team's, I'll give it more time before fully believing it.

If he starts poorly and the team starts poorly, watch for things to go south.

voodoochile
02-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
For all those who expected some big blowup between Frank and Ozzie, or that Frank might not report, or who fueled the media circle-jerk over this whole fiasco: All I have to say to you is: "How do YOU like your crow?" :D:

For everyone who thinks Frank is part of the problem, how do you like the way he handeled this situation.

Once again, the big man leading by example. Want to talk to someone about what is going on with the team and expectations? Do it behind closed doors, not with a microphone in your face.

Hopefully Ozzie caught that and decides to learn from it...

stillz
02-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Frank's comments after his arrival couldn't have been more classy, in my opinion. I finished the trib article with a new sense of respect for the big fella..

Plus - he hinted that there was good communication lacking between he and Jerry. That bodes well for Ozzie's tenure. Here's hoping Thomas stays with the Sox for the entire twilight of his career.

ode to veeck
02-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Gee, good thing we had that three tomato thread about why we should dump Frank because someone from LA rumored he didn't want to be here

Deadguy
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Gee, good thing we had that three tomato thread about why we should dump Frank because someone from LA rumored he didn't want to be here

Yeah that was a lot of fun

Although I honestly think Sealgap's ulterior motive here is to rack up 1,000 posts before the Sox start playing Spring Training games, so his repetitious argumental style of posting was partly to blame for these ridiculously long threads.