PDA

View Full Version : I maggs gonna stay?

ukigdog
02-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Now that there is reports that Maggs agent and KW are talking about a contract from George Offman from the score, what do you think will happen when its all said and done with Maggs? Do you think he will re-sign with the sox, and if so do you think it will happen spring training or next off-season.

I am guessing he signs to stay later this spring training for about a little less than vlad, maybe 65 not 70 million.

lowesox
02-25-2004, 12:12 AM
I'd love for Maggs to resign - just as long as it doesn't mean penny-pinching on other players. If we could have a nucleus of Lee, Crede, Ordonez, Olivo, Garland, Marte and Buerle this team would have a decent foundation towards a championship.

StillMissOzzie
02-25-2004, 12:43 AM
I kept hearing on ESPN-1000 all day today, that

a) Maggs wants to stay with the Sox, and
b) He wants Vlad-type money (5/$70M)

MAKE UP YOUR MIND - YOU WON'T GET BOTH!!!

SMO
:angry:

munchman33
02-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, Frank is making like $12 million next year, so he'd have to be traded for that deal to happen. I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd rather have Frank.

cbrownson13
02-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
Well, Frank is making like $12 million next year, so he'd have to be traded for that deal to happen. I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd rather have Frank.

Why?

SEALgep
02-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
Well, Frank is making like $12 million next year, so he'd have to be traded for that deal to happen. I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd rather have Frank. Frank's making like $8 million next year, and about $10 million the year after that.

sas1974
02-25-2004, 01:49 AM
FYI-Frank is in the twilight of his career and Maggs is in the prime of his. Here's a crazy idea....how about we actually pay two good players on our team at the same time...

SSN721
02-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
FYI-Frank is in the twilight of his career and Maggs is in the prime of his. Here's a crazy idea....how about we actually pay two good players on our team at the same time...

Thats absolutely preposterous. What club could possibly afford to do something like that? :D:

gosox41
02-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie

SMO

Most free agent's say they want to stay with the team they're with during their free agent year. Very few mean it and will often go to the highest bidder. This is just talk by most players to keep peace in camp while trying to create a bidder for their services so come off season they can use this team as leverage. It doesn't hurt to not burn bridges.

Of course I'm skeptical of just about everyone's actions.

Bob

kittle42
02-25-2004, 07:09 PM
The obvious response is, of course: Yes, Maggs I gonna stay.

batmanZoSo
02-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie

SMO

We can afford it easily if we get rid of Konerko...Koch...you know, dead weight.

You win championships with Magglios. Not with Konerkos, Lees, and Valentins. I'd sooner keep him over all three.