PDA

View Full Version : AL Central

chisoxmike
02-24-2004, 07:26 PM
At the beginning of '03 we all were thinking that the season would be a dog fight between the Sox and Twins all season long. But out of nowhere the Royals came out and where a pain in the ass all season long.

I'm thinking that in '04 it will be a 3-way race between the Sox, Twins and Royals. But... is it possible... that the Indians could have a surprise season, or even gasp, shock, horror, the Tigers come out on a rampage???????

Not to add (more) stress before the season starts, but just a thought. I personally don't think the Indians will do much nor will the Tigers but thought I would bring it up.

:notoons

ChiSox14305635
02-24-2004, 07:29 PM
After last year surprise race with KC, I think it's gonna be a 5 team race this year. Literally, anybody can take the Central.

jortafan
02-24-2004, 07:39 PM
The AL Central is too much like the 1945 World Series between two sub-par teams, which inspired the line "I don't think any of them can win it."

Bottom line. I don't have a clue who will win the division title in '04. So why not our Sox?

munchman33
02-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Perhaps this year's surprise will be the White Sox running away with the division. :D:

npdempse
02-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I would believe the Indians, if the stars all lined up right and all the kids could play, have an outside shot.

Detroit's still a joke.

This thing's wide open, but whoever wins it may well have fewer than 85 wins.

SoxFanSince67
02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Just a hunch, but I believe Ozzie will surprise many and bring out the best of the Sox. It will be close, but I strongly believe the Sox will take the central division. They will do better than expected, but fall short in the first round of the playoffs.

SSN721
02-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
I would believe the Indians, if the stars all lined up right and all the kids could play, have an outside shot.

Detroit's still a joke.

This thing's wide open, but whoever wins it may well have fewer than 85 wins.

I completely agree, I think the Indians actually show a lot of promise and unfortunately I could see them being a real threat, if not this year, definitely in the next couple years. :(:

Baby Fisk
02-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
Perhaps this year's surprise will be the White Sox running away with the division. :D:
BRING IT ON! :cool: